Any alternative to NVFlash for LG 2X with phone with 'non detected usb' ?

Guest wulfredz

Guest wulfredz

Hi All,

I have a question regarding to restocking ROM to stock, i've managed to restock earlier using NVFLASH method and recently i notice that the usb no longer detected on my pc. i tried on other pc and i suspect could be the phone is having fault. In order to claim warranty, i need to restock to original ROM (can't sent in with custom ROM, right :D) & i tried to NVFLASH again but it won't work (don't detect usb). Is there anyway to restock? other then NVFLASH, (clockworks still work, any way to just flash it back to stock? or any stock rom available which i can use clockwork to flash it back before i sent back for warranty?)

Thanks

Wulfredz

Edited by wulfredz

Guest Cooled Spirit

Probably you've already covered this, but make sure that the NVFlash drivers are installed. Does Windows detect unknown hardware or nothing at all ?

Also, you can also use the smartflash P990 tool to flash the stock rom. See this link for more info, along with the explanation on the smartflash tool (also used for baseband) : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1035041

Last but not least, I can't remember the link, but it is possible to remove clockwork after you've restored a backup.

Good luck !

Cooled.

Hi All,

I have a question regarding to restocking ROM to stock, i've managed to restock earlier using NVFLASH method and recently i notice that the usb no longer detected on my pc. i tried on other pc and i suspect could be the phone is having fault. In order to claim warranty, i need to restock to original ROM (can't sent in with custom ROM, right :D) & i tried to NVFLASH again but it won't work (don't detect usb). Is there anyway to restock? other then NVFLASH, (clockworks still work, any way to just flash it back to stock? or any stock rom available which i can use clockwork to flash it back before i sent back for warranty?)

Thanks

Wulfredz

Guest wulfredz

Probably you've already covered this, but make sure that the NVFlash drivers are installed. Does Windows detect unknown hardware or nothing at all ?

Also, you can also use the smartflash P990 tool to flash the stock rom. See this link for more info, along with the explanation on the smartflash tool (also used for baseband) : http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1035041

Last but not least, I can't remember the link, but it is possible to remove clockwork after you've restored a backup.

Good luck !

Cooled.

Thanks for your feedback Cooled Spirit,

I've tried the steps mentioned above and resort to flashing with the mod to remove the clockwork before i sent in for warranty. At the service centre, i told them that my phone is suspected to have non working usb connection, but if plugged to power, it still charges the phone. Since i've revert back the mod (flash to removed clockworkmod), the phone stuck at the boot up screen and cannot boot up, therefore they cant power up the phone to check the usb nor reset the phone with flashing due to faulty usb connection.

The technician ended up rectifying the problem usb connection (Thank GOD :D for this) before reflash my phone with the latest update LGE version LGP990-V10e with baseband 1035.21_20110725. and all this takes up 45min - 1hrs (2 thumbs up for their efficiency and friendly service.)

Lesson learn --> LG have good hardware and front line service team but CRAPPY in firmware (was hoping for gingerbread to resolve the battery problem) AND they told me i can get spare battery there too (was searching up and down for battery and here they offer original battery)

Anyway, thanks for the effort :D

Regards

Wulfredz