MeeGo

Guest Emaster

Guest t0mm13b

Interesting thought - no idea... have seen someone porting ubuntu to the blade... but have not really followed the thread ... its buried below somewhere among the rest of the other threads....

Guest unrandomsam

hi i just have a question could meego would work on our blades meego looks cool and i would love to have it on my blade

Be difficult without someone reverse engineering how to deal with the radio.

Its likely possible dunno what the performance would be like though.

(None of the current devices seem to have a proper setup for calls etc yet).

sending at commands to get internet is not a nice thing to have to mess around with on Linux

Guest FelixL

why would you want meego, when android is better in every way?:blink:

It is not better in every way. Stop being a fanboy -.-

Meego 1.2 features a unique and beautiful UI and QT should help around the lack of apps.

I'd bet it is more fluid on the same hardware, if optimized. Real hardware acceleration ftw!

Guest t0mm13b

Meego 1.2 features a unique and beautiful UI and QT should help around the lack of apps.

I'd bet it is more fluid on the same hardware, if optimized. Real hardware acceleration ftw!

:lol:

Okie - 64,000$ question - is the blade chipset capable of powering the "beautiful UI and QT"?

That I do not know, so would appreciate an answer to that - that's X with Enlightenment window manager right?

Guest Maxsas360

MeeGo would be better, because IT does have a better looking UI and real HW acceleration. And you can always make it dual-boot (when it'll be released)

Guest FelixL
Okie - 64,000$ question - is the blade chipset capable of powering the "beautiful UI and QT"?

:P

Like I said, I think the UI will be more fluid than what you can get with Android. But you know the only way to find the truth:

- find somebody who is capable of porting Meego to the Blade,

- get him to invest some weeks without knowing if the result will be worth anything

- enjoy...or not

Guest t0mm13b

:P

Like I said, I think the UI will be more fluid than what you can get with Android. But you know the only way to find the truth:

- find somebody who is capable of porting Meego to the Blade,

- get him to invest some weeks without knowing if the result will be worth anything

- enjoy...or not

You're evading the 64,000$ question! Its not worth the time or energy to port meego if the blade chipset does not support it! :D

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest robinhud2010

Fyi, i'm not a fanboy! Meego misses some of the more important features of android such as the huge app base to the level of customsation. I'll concede that the UI may be more fluid than android but as tomm13b said, try it on blade hardware! while it is a step in the right direction for symbian-favouring nokia, meego has a long way to go before it can take on the likes of android or ios.

You're evading the 64,000$ question! Its not worth the time or energy to port meego if the blade chipset does not support it! :D

It's open source, therefore it'll run on almost any chipset if you alter the code & use the right drivers.

However, it's only been officially compiled for ARMv7 (and intel) so it wont contain all of the hardware drivers we need & the code might need patching to compile correctly for ARMv6.

It's possible, but it might not be very easy to make everything work. Even if somebody did spend the time to make it work, it might not be any better than android.

Guest Carlos Manuel Leemet

Meego is nokia's OS so why it's not work?

if Meego is ported to ARMv7 devices then It needs to work on Blade ARMv6..?

I don't really know what is Meego OS because I don't have nokia phone but it is nice if Blade can run Meego to second OS!

can iOS work on Android device? It is really nice if ARMv6 device can run iOS 3-4 version.. is it possible to get iOS to work on blade? I know it is not really fast then and not really good because it need better CPU but if Blade can run iOS or Linux then it is pretty nice!

Nokia OS's I don't use them ever! because I don't like nokia :D

Edited by Carlos Manuel Leemet

Guest k0zmic

can iOS work on Android device? It is really nice if ARMv6 device can run iOS 3-4 version.. is it possible to get iOS to work on blade?

No, it's closed source. It's not going to happen.

Guest reluctant_traveller

OK, that's bad! :/

then I need to buy Iphone :D

And as he left the Android dormitory and walked down the retina burning neon corridors to the iOS recreational hall, loud exhalations of stunned breath were heard to reverberate off the walls; the forum post locks were removed, and everyone rejoiced as write and execute flags were reinstated on init.rc files across the land.. :D J/K

Edited by reluctant_traveller

yeah, but so is Mac OS X. but many people run it on their PCs?

if you do right partition and then download the virtual disk file .iso or something like that and then you need to make new boot OS....

in youtube is good videos how to get Mac OS X to second OS ...

it's maybe little bit hard and it take maybe much time to get it to work...

And as he left the Android dormitory and walked down the retina burning neon corridors to the iOS recreational hall, loud exhalations of stunned breath were heard to reverberate off the walls; the forum post locks were removed, and everyone rejoiced as write and execute flags were reinstated on init.rc files across the land.. :D J/K

OK! :D

I didn't understand all because my English is not so good... :/