Help needed please - X10i stuck on 1.6, micro USB socket not working...any way to update via SD card ?

Guest jlgmax

Guest jlgmax

Hi Ive purchased a second hand X10 off ebay, and the micro USB socket doesnt work (I knew this when I purchased it) and it is currently on Android 1.6. Ive got a seperate battery charger and spare battery so power isnt an issue.

Is there any way for me to get recovery installed on the phone and get it up to a 2.3.4 custom ROM without using the micro USB port (ie via the SD card) ? I have tried running the "xrecovery0.2 release SE-x10" but I just get a message saying that it cannot be run on this phone. I have also tried the manual method of extracting the necessary files to system\bin but this is not allowing me to enter xrecovery when repeatedly pressing the "back" button upon booting.

Any help greatly appreciated !

Edited by jlgmax

Hi Ive purchased a second hand X10 off ebay, and tThe micro USB socket doesnt work (I knew this when I purchased it) and it is currently on Android 1.6. Ive got a seperate battery charger and spare battery so power isnt an issue.

Is there any way for me to get recovery installed on the phone and get it up to a 2.3.4 custom ROM without using the micro USB port (ie via the SD card) ?

:(. Sorry no way. Flashing required USB port....

is it beyond repair?

Guest chunkylover2321

Hi Ive purchased a second hand X10 off ebay, and the micro USB socket doesnt work (I knew this when I purchased it) and it is currently on Android 1.6. Ive got a seperate battery charger and spare battery so power isnt an issue.

Is there any way for me to get recovery installed on the phone and get it up to a 2.3.4 custom ROM without using the micro USB port (ie via the SD card) ? I have tried running the "xrecovery0.2 release SE-x10" but I just get a message saying that it cannot be run on this phone. I have also tried the manual method of extracting the necessary files to system\bin but this is not allowing me to enter xrecovery when repeatedly pressing the "back" button upon booting.

Wish I could help you but unfortuantly their is nothing you can do. just have to send it away to be repaired. I had this problem once with my X10 and it had to be sent off :(

Guest jlgmax

Wish I could help you but unfortuantly their is nothing you can do. just have to send it away to be repaired. I had this problem once with my X10 and it had to be sent off :(

Thanks - Im going to pop into town and see if I can get it done at lunch. How much did it cost when you had yours fixed ?

Cheers.

Guest NoDiskNoFun

wait ... is it rooted and got xrecovery on it?

i can can zip an full backup of my rom and send it to you ... you only have to restore it to your phone ...

OR

try this:

http://www.mediafire...x5m6bq327wk9vxa

and this for the roms:

http://android.modac...ript-converter/

and try this for root ( i think it isn't?):

http://www.mediafire.com/?823bswyuz6h32bs

Edited by NoDiskNoFun

Guest frost866

the easiest way is, take your sd card out, and if you have sd-card reader put it there and just insert it into you laptop. most ot laptops now a days have this sd-card reader built-in. so just copy the rom to it and just put back your MSDC into your phone and done .

Guest rendeiro2005

I think you can.

1. Download zroot here and get rooted.

2. Install astro so you can unzip files to sdcard

3. Download xrecovery here and extract

4. Install root explorer (payed app)

5. Transfer your xrecovery files to sdcard through Bluetooth

6. Copy the extracted files to the proper folders through root explorer

7. Set correct permitions to all files copied (check all boxes)

8. Reboot and check if you can enter on xrecovery

9. If you can, download the 2.3.3 version from Doom (on xda) here

10. Copy to sdcard through Bluetooth and install through xrecovery as described on Doom's thread.

Hope it helps

Cheers

Rendeiro

Edited by rendeiro2005

Guest blingsta
I think you can.

1. Download zroot here and get rooted.

2. Install astro so you can unzip files to sdcard

3. Download xrecovery here and extract

4. Install root explorer (payed app)

5. Transfer your xrecovery files to sdcard through Bluetooth

6. Copy the extracted files to the proper folders through root explorer

7. Set correct permitions to all files copied (check all boxes)

8. Reboot and check if you can enter on xrecovery

9. If you can, download the 2.3.3 version from Doom (on xda) here

10. Copy to sdcard through Bluetooth and install through xrecovery as described on Doom's thread.

Hope it helps

Cheers

Rendeiro

What about the baseband n kernel for GB?

Yeah the real problem is BB ... nut on witch version are you?

Thanks for all the replies guys ! I followed the advice at the start of the thread and took it into carphone warehouse, where I was told that the phone was only just over a year old and that they would send it back to Sony Ericsson for a warranty repair. So fingers crossed it will come back fixed and with 2.3 on it :)

If it doesn't get fixed for some reason I'll try the steps in the posts above.

Thanks again !

• 1 year later...
Guest manju1286

guys my x10 usb has been broken and it's not going to xrecovery mod and it is showing nothing than sony ericsson logo

any one can help me pls