Faulty MicroSD slot away for repair

Guest randan

Guest randan

My poor Vega developed a fault with the micro sd card in that the card would not stay in so could only be used by holding in the card. I contacted Currys and they told me to take it in to my local store. The local store said it was nothing to do with them and I should call the support and explain that it would need to be taken in for repair. The support line arranged for the poor thing to be picked up last Thursday and they said it would be back tomorrow - 25th, so fingers crossed.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Guest worto03

not had that problem (mine went away with the screen being erratic when charging problem) but I bought mine online and when I phoned up they said I could take it to the store to be sent away for repair if I wanted to & the store were fine about it.

I can't see them repairing it to be honest - mine came back 3 times just with reflashed software then they refunded me and I bought another one.

They have a 28 day policy so if they can't repair it within 28 days they'll make you an offer I was offered a replacement or refund, as I paid £250 for mine I went for a refund then bought a new one for £199 :)

Guest Graham Macleod

Yes, I've got this problem now. I can fix it however by putting a screwdriver or flat object in the middle of the SD slot and rotating it very gently, so that the edges press on the top and bottom of the slot, pushing them apart. I then hear a click, and once I've heard this, I can insert the card as normal.

I know it sounds a but dumb, but the Vega's on it's last legs and I don't change the card very often, so it works for me. Give it a go, just be gentle. A thin wooden blade would be best.

Guest morsefly

Hi there

I had the same problem after about four weeks. I took vega back to Currys in Brixton and it was sent for repair. When it came back ten days later the sd slot was fixed but the hold button on the top was broken! I had inspected it upon receipt so did not accept it and it was sent off for repair again. It came back the day before the 28 day limit (from original repair) so they just passed, I have had no problems since, but it is a different machine as the mac address is different. Why they tried to palm me off with a broken machine the first time, without conscience, annoys me and I was a whole month without my vega.

I hope you have a better experience

morsefly