Blue LED Light Just Under The Camera?

Guest phil8715

Guest phil8715

I've owned a Vega since April, while it's great piece of kit there are a couple of annoying issues that I can't seem to get to the bottom of, these are:

A Blue LED light just under the camera.

The battery seems to lose charge while in the 60% area. When it's powered off, then later it's powered back on the battery has dropped right down to 23%. I've been told that if you wipe battery stats and long press on the power button while switching off is supposed to prevent this from happening. In my case this method doesn't work.

Somebody reckons the 2 are linked. Is it worth me getting it booked in for repair, or to be honest I am tempted to just get rid of it.

Any advice?

I've owned a Vega since April, while it's great piece of kit there are a couple of annoying issues that I can't seem to get to the bottom of, these are:

A Blue LED light just under the camera.

The battery seems to lose charge while in the 60% area. When it's powered off, then later it's powered back on the battery has dropped right down to 23%. I've been told that if you wipe battery stats and long press on the power button while switching off is supposed to prevent this from happening. In my case this method doesn't work.

Somebody reckons the 2 are linked. Is it worth me getting it booked in for repair, or to be honest I am tempted to just get rid of it.

Any advice?

How obtrusive is it? In another thread, someone has described having to tilt the screen away from you to be able to see it. I have seen it once, when I first got my Vega, but it was bright enough to see when looking directly at the screen. At present, I think I can just see ir in a darkened room with the screen brightness on minimum, and a plain black wallpaper. If it interferes with what you see on the screen, then there's a problem. Even then, the LED will only be drawing a few milliamps from the battery so the batery should last hundreds of hours at that rate. on the other hand, if you can see the LED when he device is powered off, you have a hardware fault

The battery dropping from 60% to 23% does sound like the battrry stats problem, but at least one foru member has taken his back

Edited by lesd

Guest warwound

I tend to find that when that blue LED is on, if i start the Vega camera application and then close it (no need to take any pics) that the LED goes off and stays off until i restart my Vega.

warwound.