I can get a new phone... What next after the mighty Streak

Guest GriZlore

Guest GriZlore

o2 UK have emailed me saying I can get a new phone next month....

What next for me after the mighty Dell Streak?

Does seem like 15mths

Any suggestions?

I haven't seen any phone which entices me

Any promising phones coming out which will be a fitting replacement for the Streak?

Any suggestions?

Your thoughts, as always, will be appreciated

Guest Adam Mallinson

There was talk of Samsung doing a 5 inch phone but not heard more than rumours.

Other than that i think the closest at the moment (released) are the Samsung Galaxy S2 and the HTC Sensation

I am pretty much in the same boat as you, can get my upgrade mid October so have been trying ot keep an eye on current and upcoming phones

Guest WakeRider89

Personally I'm waiting out for the next version of the streak. I'm speaking of course about the opus 1 hopefully coming out at the end of this year but probably early spring. I'm sure it will hit the UK first like the streak.

Guest Phylar

I'm looking forward to the Nexus Prime. According to rumors, it will have a Super AMOLED HD screen -> 4.5" @ 720p made by Samsung. Wow. even dropping down in size, 720p and Samsung's awesome screens will be well worth it, as of course much better supported (though I know AT&T was to blame for the Streak's US issues.) Also being the Nexus device, it will run Ice Cream Sandwich, and be dual core too. hot hot hot.

Guest jonnybruce

I saw somwhere that Samsung have a 5.6in phone (like the prime) lined up with similar (if not better specs).

Out oct - nov 2011

I am holding out for the closest to a 6in phone I can get, have tried smaller ones and they just seem like toys now!

Guest Azurren

100% my next phone will be one with massive dev support.

Actually after using a Samsung Galaxy S2 the screen size difference is hardly noticeable. So you really don't need to think you need a 5" screen :D

My next will be a MIUI one.. If it ever gets released here

Streak has really spoiled me badly.

There is no match for streak's 5 inch screen. I am currently using galaxy s2 but the screen size is so much evident. 4.3 inch seems so small and takes a lot of scrolling around to read stuff. Things in streak that fit less than a screen , takes a few screen lengths in galaxy s2

The only thing streak did not have , is the massive developer support compared to galaxy s2. Developer support for galaxy s2 is like a bee hive...Hence any issue that arises are sorted out really fast.

The reason a 5 inch phone may not get plenty of users is becoz with a 5 inch screen , the phone is too big for many

IN SUMMARY.

My next phone should have a big screen and resolution ( at least around 4.7inch) and have good developer support.

The closest that it can get currently will be nexus prime becoz 1. it will have a fully open android version( and latest) and everyone can start developing from early on. 2. WIll be garunteed to get good developer support

tbh there's nothing "availiable" that even comes close to what I want.

this is about the most interesting http://www.androidpo...g-for-the-ride/

I like the look of the pantech 5" and the samsung but both aren't available in the uk , or likely to be for a while.

there's supposed to be a new streak launched in december..

Edited by fards

I like the look of the pantech 5" and the samsung but both aren't available in the uk , or likely to be for a while.

Again the problem with streak for someone like me , who loves testing roms ( and not actually developing them :rolleyes: ) and other stuff will be the limited number of developers.

We were lucky to have you , steve and few others. Development is something where any number is small

Again the problem with streak for someone like me , who loves testing roms ( and not actually developing them :rolleyes: ) and other stuff will be the limited number of developers.

We were lucky to have you , steve and few others. Development is something where any number is small

you've gotta remember this is my first android, I've learnt a massive amount from this one.

Next device I have I should get going quite a lot quicker with.

Guest WakeRider89

I'm in love all over again fards!!! I'm stuck to at&t here in the US so this is like a miracle that they are actually picking up a good htc device!!! I'll miss my streak.... unless opus 1 can top this cool.gif

that looks cool. what is it? An ipad?

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

I really hope this person is joking...what do people generally think, will the large phone form factor hold up? I mean look at the Streak, discontinued :( Mines still going strong though thanks mostly to DJ Steve! What a guy.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I think 5" to the be about the maximum confortable size for pocketability and phone usage. So I hope Dell comes up with a new Streak. If not, then the Samsung Note or the Galaxy Nexus / aka Nexus Prime look awesome at around 5". I also like the atrix 2, and the SGS2, although smaller screens.The HTC Sensation XL has 4,7 inch display and also seems nice, but to me its not as appealing as the Streak or the previous options.

These bigger screens nowadays prove how well ahead of its time the streak was, merging the slate/pad with phone comcept very well. I'm happy with the Streak. I just wish Deel would give us a new android 4 rom for it:).