32GB Micro SD Card

Guest Yogimax

Guest Yogimax

Folks

Over the last few months I have seen various opinions as to whether 32GB Micro SD Cards are actually supported on a Vega (as opposed to officially B) )

Has anyone successfully got a 32GB card to work, and if so what brand,speed and ROM version? Were you also able to create a secondary Ext 2/3/4 partition on it?

Thanks in advance (before I put my brand new 32GB Micro SD card into my Vega and trash it...) :(

Edited by Yogimax

Guest trevor432990

Folks

Over the last few months I have seen various opinions as to whether 32GB Micro SD Cards are actually supported on a Vega (as opposed to officially B) )

Has anyone successfully got a 32GB card to work, and if so what brand,speed and ROM version? Were you also able to create a secondary Ext 2/3/4 partition on it?

Thanks in advance (before I put my brand new 32GB Micro SD card into my Vega and trash it...) :(

Be careful as I understand from posts elsewhere that Vegacomb 3.2 is having some difficulty with larger size SD cards right now.

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi

My Vega running VC 3.2 B7 does not accept 32GB cards, have tried 3 and all failed but the

1st failed pre Vegacomb and the other 2 on 1.7 and B6. I have a no problems with 16GB cards which I am currently using.

Stransky

Guest Dave Marchant

I have had a Kingston 32GB SDHC in mine sine I got it 6 months ago. I haven't tried Vegacomb 3.2 yet, but it has been fine with stock, Corvus 5 and Vegacomb 1.6 & 1.7. I only have a basic single FAT partition on it though. Interesting to see the comments regarding Vegacomb 3.2 as I was planning to try that this weekend. Maybe I will need to try it with a different SD card first.

Guest Graham Macleod

I splashed out and got a Lexar Class 10 from Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004BR2ZTM/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_title

-It's been great, to be honest I haven't had to think about it much. It's just worked without complaint. I have partitioned it with a half gig EXT3 partition, which seems to be the most versatile, and that worked no problem.

But I haven't tried Vegacomb 3.2 - not until now. So here goes. Let's see what happens.

Guest Yogimax

Thanks for all the advice - I'll try it and see!

The worst thing that can happen is that it doesn't work, in which case I post it back to the supplier as faulty! :(