CM7 vs MIUI

Guest FPSAUS4EVER

Guest FPSAUS4EVER

Hi, which one is better Cm7 RC/nighties or Miui ROMS. Because i cant chose which one to install. So first which has Better battery life and is it fast. And whats the best way to have Cm7 running on the phone like should i have EXT 4 or EXT3 on it? Please help me chose which one i can install and i want a stable one BUT NOT Modaco because i have it already.

Guest Stevvie

The CM7 is still using the EXT3 partition, but despite all is very clean and stable.

I liked Mui, but can't use either as I have this really strange device called a BLUETOOTH STEREO HEADSET and neither support it ;) , So it's GR2 for me as that seems faster,more stable ohh yeah and almost everything I use just works :)

Guest chokesmaster

Hi, which one is better Cm7 RC/nighties or Miui ROMS. Because i cant chose which one to install. So first which has Better battery life and is it fast. And whats the best way to have Cm7 running on the phone like should i have EXT 4 or EXT3 on it? Please help me chose which one i can install and i want a stable one BUT NOT Modaco because i have it already.

MIUI is quite stable for me and have a fully working camera right now while CM7 don't.... it crash whenever i switch to camcorder. MIUI is more themable than CM7 As for the EXT4 support you can download the Vork Kernel installer to install a custom kernel that enable you to get a better battery life and EXT4.

Guest Francesco1980

I tried MIUI for a while but had problems with the networks, wifi and 3G/2G. Some apps are acting strangely on MIUI also. I like the UI but for now I'll keep using CM7.

Guest MillyMoo

Haven't heard of the camcorder crashing on CM7 for a fair few months now! MIUI is based on CM so there should be a lot of similarities. I would only go with MIUI if you are theming it. If you go with CM7 i would use nightly 121 as it is very stable and in the past 2 days has had a lot of improvements.

• 2 months later...

I put MIUI 1.10.28 on my sisters phone when she came over from holidays. It seemed to be working fine but now she's in the UK and using data on TMobile the network is dropping out, both on 2g and 3g, requiring reboots. Do you know if this is a common problem with CyanogenMod 7.1 too? I can't help her change the baseband cos she is on Mac and I would only change rom as a last resort cos it would be hard setting it up again.

I love MIUI, but I have loads of problems with it booting up and not finding the SIM card, and not initialising properly, so I'm back to CM7.1 release (as opposed to nightlies).

I put MIUI 1.10.28 on my sisters phone when she came over from holidays. It seemed to be working fine but now she's in the UK and using data on TMobile the network is dropping out, both on 2g and 3g, requiring reboots. Do you know if this is a common problem with CyanogenMod 7.1 too? I can't help her change the baseband cos she is on Mac and I would only change rom as a last resort cos it would be hard setting it up again.

NAND backup, flash baseband, NAND restore.

Guest frantic777

I am using MIUI 28 with 2x fixes (including SD) and SwiftExtreme (1.2 GHz) kernel now - works quite fast and stable. Previously tried to use CM7 - was too laggy and slow.

Guest Madsen Felipe

Talking about that, anyone know how to make a 3G videocall on MIUI build?

So, CM7 and MIUI doesnt support 3G videocall, it's really sad.

Edited by Madsen Felipe