CWM boot time? (begginer)

Guest martinmrocks

Guest martinmrocks

My advent vega has been on the screen with the white box with the orange arrow swooping out of it and the android logo for about 30-35mins. Is this normal and/or how long should it take?

Guest simonta

My advent vega has been on the screen with the white box with the orange arrow swooping out of it and the android logo for about 30-35mins. Is this normal and/or how long should it take?

What did you do to get to that? That image is not CWM booting. Did you try to get into recovery?

Guest martinmrocks

What did you do to get to that? That image is not CWM booting. Did you try to get into recovery?

yea i opened the recovery app, Basically im following a walkthrough to install Corvus5 and it told me to make a backup using CWM, by opening the recovery app and now i am as i described in my opening post. Been there for 45mins now.

Guest premieral

yea i opened the recovery app, Basically im following a walkthrough to install Corvus5 and it told me to make a backup using CWM, by opening the recovery app and now i am as i described in my opening post. Been there for 45mins now.

If you are running pauls rom 8 then this recovery app willl not run recovery until you install clockwork mod recovery manually. If so use vegatools 4 by solidare and install the clockwork mod then you can continue following your guide.

Which guide are you using by the way as it should make this clear to stop others making the same mistake

Guest martinmrocks

If you are running pauls rom 8 then this recovery app willl not run recovery until you install clockwork mod recovery manually. If so use vegatools 4 by solidare and install the clockwork mod then you can continue following your guide.

Which guide are you using by the way as it should make this clear to stop others making the same mistake

this is the link http://desire.giesecke.tk/advent-vega-steps-to-flash-a-new-rom/ im on step 1) a.

im on the stock OS so what do i do from here. do you know of any guides to get corvus5 installed? I really appreciate your quick replies by the way :D

Guest premieral

this is the link http://desire.giesecke.tk/advent-vega-steps-to-flash-a-new-rom/ im on step 1) a.

im on the stock OS so what do i do from here. do you know of any guides to get corvus5 installed? I really appreciate your quick replies by the way :D

Ok so beegee has just mixed things up a little, backup can only be done once you have installed the relevant drivers normally, however what I would do is download the modded stock rom v1 or 2 to your PC. Then if you have any apps you have downloaded from market download titanium backup and backup these apps. Then go to myadventvega website and follow exactly the instructions for flashing the stock advent rom but instead of using their rom use the modded stock rom you downloaded earlier.

This will once flashed give you a basic rom with clockwork mod and recovery app installed so then you can follow beegees guide but ignore the backup part at this stage as you have nothing yet to back up :) . I am off to bed now so have fun

Guest martinmrocks

Ok so beegee has just mixed things up a little, backup can only be done once you have installed the relevant drivers normally, however what I would do is download the modded stock rom v1 or 2 to your PC. Then if you have any apps you have downloaded from market download titanium backup and backup these apps. Then go to myadventvega website and follow exactly the instructions for flashing the stock advent rom but instead of using their rom use the modded stock rom you downloaded earlier.

This will once flashed give you a basic rom with clockwork mod and recovery app installed so then you can follow beegees guide but ignore the backup part at this stage as you have nothing yet to back up :) . I am off to bed now so have fun

Thanks so much for your help. All the best :D

Guest martinmrocks

Thanks so much for your help. All the best :D

Thanks for you help. All seems to be good now. Im new to this forum, so should i delete this thread or keep it for others?