what is the includedvegacomb 3.2 browser?

Guest chrismerriman63

Guest chrismerriman63

can anyone tell me what the included browser in vegacomb 3.2 is based on? i want to try it on my r8 vega

thanks, chris

Edited by chrismerriman63

Guest HypoTurtle

All the stock browsers are based on chrome as far as I'm aware and there is a very slim chance that it would run on R8. I've taken the apk from the system image and put it in my dropbox if you want to try, but I doubt it would even install never mind run. Here's the apk use it at your own risk. I'll leave it there for a day or so.

Edited by HypoTurtle

Guest simonta

All the stock browsers are based on chrome as far as I'm aware and there is a very slim chance that it would run on R8. I've taken the apk from the system image and put it in my dropbox if you want to try, but I doubt it would even install never mind run. Here's the apk use it at your own risk. I'll leave it there for a day or so.

Hi HypoTurtle (what's the story behind THAT tag? :))

FYI, most Android browsers, stock included, are based on Webkit. Chrome has not made it across too Android, which is surprising. Rumour has it next month last I read..

Guest warriorscot

Same basic source as Chrome just a different development for a different device type and hardware. The browser in 3.2 is pretty similar to the old one under the hood its mostly cosmetic improvements however I don't think it will work on an older version.

Guest Reffyy

The only similarities between the Android browser and Chrome are the V8 Javascript Engine and them both being based on the Webkit layout engine. I guess them being developed by Google counts too.