ROM Manager NOT WORKING

Guest martinmrocks

Guest martinmrocks

So im trying to install Corvus5 SP1, ive downloaded the .zip and its waiting patiently on my SD card. Ive opened th Rom Manager app flashed CWM recovery but thats all it will do. When i tap reboot into recovery the vega reboots but goes directly to the home screen, likewise when i tap flash rom i navigate to the .zip the thing reboots but straight to home screen. i.e recovery boot doesnt seem to be working. Ive updated it from the market and i still get the same issue. Any help???

its also probably worthing mentioning my vega is new to me and I am unfamiliar with the android os however i am very technically minded. I would be capable of following a well written walkthrough. ;) thanks in advance.

Edited by martinmrocks

Guest Durbybard

So im trying to install Corvus5 SP1, ive downloaded the .zip and its waiting patiently on my SD card. Ive opened th Rom Manager app flashed CWM recovery but thats all it will do. When i tap reboot into recovery the vega reboots but goes directly to the home screen, likewise when i tap flash rom i navigate to the .zip the thing reboots but straight to home screen. i.e recovery boot doesnt seem to be working. Ive updated it from the market and i still get the same issue. Any help???

its also probably worthing mentioning my vega is new to me and I am unfamiliar with the android os however i am very technically minded. I would be capable of following a well written walkthrough. ;) thanks in advance.

Hiya, that's not the way to install a rom upgrade, it's abit more technical than that. Follow the below instructions...

1) Download Corvus5 rom and the sp1 updater and copy this to your sdcard via your PC (connect the vega to PC, select on vega to turn on USB and then find the mounted sdcard on your pc and copy the zip files to the sdcard), once done, download Vega Tools 4 and install that onto your PC, then put your vega into debug mode, that's settings, applications, development and then select the top USB Debugging.

2) Run vega tools and look at bottom of screen and click install audi drivers.

3) Don't select anything and click next step at bottom of screen, then select Part B, deleted all installed drivers, once done, now select the the top option "i want to install modaco R8 in ADB mode"

4) Click next step and select Part C, Install correct driver, then select top option "just do it for me", this should install the correct ADB driver, if installed correctly the bar at bottom left of window which was red should now be green.

5) Once done close down the window and look on the vega tools window and see the clockwork recovery, tick the include recovery application and click the install button to install, (if this will not install, reboot the vega, making sure you have the vega in debug mode as explained above when you reboot and try again) once done, go to your apps page and look for recovery, run the app and it will reboot into Recovery option called clockworkmod.

6) Now once clockworkmod screen pops up, using volume down key tab down to the backup and restore (volume up moves tab up) and use the power button to select, now do a backup of your stock rom, once done, use the back button to go back and tab to wipe cache partition, select using power button and then tab to yes, once done tab to wipe data/factory reset, select, and tab to yes, once done tab down to advanced, select, and tab to wipe dalvik cache, select, and tab to yes, now back button to the main screen.

7) Now tab down to install zip from sdcard, select, and tab down to choose zip from sdcard, select and tab to the corvus5 zip file on your sdcard and select (not the sp1 updater), tab to yes and this should start the install of the new rom, once done, press back and select reboot the vega and you should have corvus5 installed.

Once installed and check to make sure wifi etc works, run the recovery app again and boot back into clockworkmod, redo number 7 on list above but this time select the SP1 Updater and install, back button to the main screen and reboot, once you have rebooted again check things work, if happy and want a backup of this corvus5 rom in this state, then run recovery, tab down to backup and restore and backup this rom too, which should give you 2 backups if you followed correct, one at the top will be stock rom backup with recovery and second will be corvus5 sp1 backup.

Hope this helps

Chris....

Guest martinmrocks

Hiya, that's not the way to install a rom upgrade, it's abit more technical than that. Follow the below instructions...

1) Download Corvus5 rom and the sp1 updater and copy this to your sdcard via your PC (connect the vega to PC, select on vega to turn on USB and then find the mounted sdcard on your pc and copy the zip files to the sdcard), once done, download Vega Tools 4 and install that onto your PC, then put your vega into debug mode, that's settings, applications, development and then select the top USB Debugging.

2) Run vega tools and look at bottom of screen and click install audi drivers.

3) Don't select anything and click next step at bottom of screen, then select Part B, deleted all installed drivers, once done, now select the the top option "i want to install modaco R8 in ADB mode"

4) Click next step and select Part C, Install correct driver, then select top option "just do it for me", this should install the correct ADB driver, if installed correctly the bar at bottom left of window which was red should now be green.

5) Once done close down the window and look on the vega tools window and see the clockwork recovery, tick the include recovery application and click the install button to install, (if this will not install, reboot the vega, making sure you have the vega in debug mode as explained above when you reboot and try again) once done, go to your apps page and look for recovery, run the app and it will reboot into Recovery option called clockworkmod.

6) Now once clockworkmod screen pops up, using volume down key tab down to the backup and restore (volume up moves tab up) and use the power button to select, now do a backup of your stock rom, once done, use the back button to go back and tab to wipe cache partition, select using power button and then tab to yes, once done tab to wipe data/factory reset, select, and tab to yes, once done tab down to advanced, select, and tab to wipe dalvik cache, select, and tab to yes, now back button to the main screen.

7) Now tab down to install zip from sdcard, select, and tab down to choose zip from sdcard, select and tab to the corvus5 zip file on your sdcard and select (not the sp1 updater), tab to yes and this should start the install of the new rom, once done, press back and select reboot the vega and you should have corvus5 installed.

Once installed and check to make sure wifi etc works, run the recovery app again and boot back into clockworkmod, redo number 7 on list above but this time select the SP1 Updater and install, back button to the main screen and reboot, once you have rebooted again check things work, if happy and want a backup of this corvus5 rom in this state, then run recovery, tab down to backup and restore and backup this rom too, which should give you 2 backups if you followed correct, one at the top will be stock rom backup with recovery and second will be corvus5 sp1 backup.

Hope this helps

Chris....

Ok ive already installed corvus5 by installing cwm recovery.apk with no problems. Im trying to reboot into recovery mode to install sp1 but when i select recovery the tablet reboots to the home screen. However i will reinstall corvus5 following your steps to see if it helps and will get back shortly.

Guest Durbybard

Ok ive already installed corvus5 by installing cwm recovery.apk with no problems. Im trying to reboot into recovery mode to install sp1 but when i select recovery the tablet reboots to the home screen. However i will reinstall corvus5 following your steps to see if it helps and will get back shortly.

Hiya, if i remember right corvus 5 doesn't have recovery app installed, but as you say it has rom manager (never used it and other hate it) and has to be reinstalled (i keep it in a folder of apks i may need to install dependent on rom used) so you could follow my advice from the instructions to get recovery app installed on your current copy of corvus 5 and install sp1 update which fixes the 2 penquins at the boot screen and some other stuff too.

Chris....

P.S. if you follow the instructions and reinstall corvus 5, vega tools 4 has some awesome custom boot loader screens you can install via vega tools, put the vega into debug mode, then pick your preferred custom screen and click install, it will reboot and have the new boot screen.