NVFLASH issue on W7 x64

Guest richt2000

Guest richt2000

Hi All,

I've used AUDI and Vegatools v4 to confirm my drivers are setup correctly for my Vega. I have green light from Audi in the "Customer Rom via ADB" option but when I run ModdedStock.exe I get a "USB Device Not Found" message.

Can anyone help?

I've also tried on XP with the same results. This has obviously worked in teh past as I'm running Modaco Custom Rom r6. B*ggered if I can get it to work now though.

Please Help!

Richard

Hi All,

I've used AUDI and Vegatools v4 to confirm my drivers are setup correctly for my Vega. I have green light from Audi in the "Customer Rom via ADB" option but when I run ModdedStock.exe I get a "USB Device Not Found" message.

Can anyone help?

I've also tried on XP with the same results. This has obviously worked in teh past as I'm running Modaco Custom Rom r6. B*ggered if I can get it to work now though.

Please Help!

Richard

Assuming you have connected the Vega to the PC and put it in to NV recovery by first

powering it off properly and then

holding the back button down, waiting two seconds

then pressing the power button for two seconds, while still holding back button,

you may have a duff USB CABLE.

Guest Durbybard

Hi All,

Can anyone help?

Please Help!

Richard

Hiya, your problem is you are not putting the vega into flash mode, below is a procedure i wrote in another post to do this... Make sure your vega is powered off....

Once the device is off, you need to go into whats is called NVFlash mode, to do this, hold the back button for 2 seconds (count one one thousand, two one thousand) then still holding the back button hold the power button for 2 seconds (one one thousand two one thousand again) then let go of the power button then the back button. (2 ways to know you are in NVFlash mode as the screen should be totally blank, no backlight, before doing the buttons sequence plug your usb cable from vega to pc and turn the volume up on the PC, if you have done the sequence correct then you will hear the windows connection sound, also if you tilt the vega so that the camera is away from you, you will see a blue light near the camera)

Hope this helps

Chris....

Guest richt2000

Thanks for the help, it was this info that I was missing. I put the Vega into recovery mode and it worked great. Moddedstock and Vegacomb installed. Thanks very much for the help.