newbie - video resolution help

Guest MyKRyT

Guest MyKRyT

Hi, I bought my Vega on friday and thanks to this forum I was running Vegacomb within hours of purchase. I wouldn't have bought a Vega if vegacomb wasn't available so thank you to everyone involved, its a brilliant piece of software/firmware.

Anyway, to my predicament. We bought it so our daughter could watch her peppa pig and shrek videos when we are on holiday next week, the problem is getting the picture size, frame rate etc right for the device. I've done searches but have had no success. Anyone help me on this? I'm using moboplayer currently. Also what programs are you using to rip and convert that won't screw up sound and video sync?

Regards

Mike

Edited by MyKRyT

Guest IanTurner

dvd decrypter to rip the dvd.

Handbrake to convert to a video file that the vega will play using the profile attached to this post .

Note that profile seems to work for 16:9. I used it on a 2.35 to one and ended up with it compressed to 16:9 with no black bars so you have to experiment with the settings if it's not 16:9 though peppa pig will be as is Shrek

(I think i set anamorphic to none , cropping to custom and all zero, keep aspect ratio ticked and upped the height to 576 to get a 1024 width and 2.35:1 ratio)

Edited by IanTurner

Guest MyKRyT

Thanks for the advice, i'll play around with that for a while. There's not much more annoying than out of sync sound and letter box video!

Thanks again

Mike

Edited by MyKRyT

Guest Racerboy

"Open DVD Ripper" is a good all-rounder, i us it alot for ripping dvd`s to my kids psp`s, good thing about it is it has lots of profiles already for different devices such as psp, phones besides being able to customise the output parameters avi,mpeg, screen size etc