[APP] TPT Helper

Guest Amphoras

Guest sej7278

Found a bug:

When creating the TPT and it gives me the option of what splash image to use, when I choose unchanged (use my current splash image which is a custom one I made), the TPT fails. I powered off as normal then started the TPT and it all said it had gone successfully but when I powered on and used terminal emulator to see how large my partitions were it hadn't changed, I retried and the same thing happened. I don't know what lead me to believe choosing one of the splash images in the app would help, but I did, then on the third try, same partition sizes but choosing the small android logo as the splash image, it worked. Don't know if anyone else has had this issue or my phone is just weird.

yes i concur, there's something wrong with "unchanged logo".

what i had before: 210mb /system, 4mb /cache

what i selected selected: 200/2

after flashing unchanged logo: 160/4

after flashing small logo: 200/2

so unchanged is ignoring the custom tpt for /system at least.

also if you're using cwm touch 6012 you need to have that ready on your sdcard as cwm 5020 can't restore backups made with 6012

• 1 month later...
Guest raizor6th

hi everyone, need your help here. I got RIL(Network and Data) not working after a

successul TPT . I've use the

GEN2v2a since my blade is a GEN2 blade as

mr.pigfish said.

My steps was as follows:

1. Downloaded GEN2 v2a.

2. Checked md5.

3. Did the TPT, and was successful.

4. Flashed the ROM(CM10-20121010 and its Gapp).

5. Rebooted to system.

6. Does a normal things and everything was fine

except that signal icon in the status bar doesnt fills out that mean no signal or the phone can't detect radio

signal and i noticed it right after the phone was

configured with personal google info and finished

the setup. And SIMTOOLKIT is missing from the

APPDRAWER but is the APPS list. I tried to repeat

the process with some wipes and formats before installing the ROMs(cm9 amd cm10) but gives me

the same result. What should i do now? Does

revertig back to stock GEN2 solves my problem?

Thanks.

Update:found out that i shouldn't used the GEN2v2a TPT since im not from EUROPE so i just did a TPT a while ago using a CHINA UNICOM GEN2 TPT since im from ASIA. now i got RIL working but the RAM have lessen to 256mb? Can you please tell me what's going on here? Please?

Update: I'm confused now as to what blade do i have. I thought i had a CHINESE blade since it has a label at the back "ASSEMBLED IN CHINA" but i just read from here www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=721091 Saying SMART NETPHONE 701(it is where i got my phone and the label at front above the screen)is a EUROPEAN ZTE BLADE so i flashed the STOCK TPT for EUROPEAN GEN2 TPT from there knowing this is my blade but the result was the same with flashing a GEN2 V1a no RIL but gives me full RAM 512mb.

So i guess none from there and there is my blade. I'll try the GEN2 TO GEN1 TPT later wish this time i'll brick the phone so i would better be shut up and take some rest :(

Problem solved!

I got my 512mb Zte blade back with RIL working and also with custom partition layout. Thanks to wbaw, fronix232 and amphoras. Keep it up :)

Edited by raizor6th

• 5 months later...
Guest Schwedenbitter

Hello,

I got 2 ZTE Blades. One with Android 2.2.2 was supposed to be a Gen2 - at least it just needed to be rootet, the ROM Manager from Appstore installed CWM and I could flash a new ROM. The other one had Android 2.1 on it. It was rooted in seconds. But I couldn't install ROM Manager and therefore no CWM. It took me hours to find a solution for that problem.

So I was happy I found this Thread and flashed via TPT-Helper CWM.

Both of the Blades were sold to me with 419 MB Memory. And If I got to "settings" -> "over the phone" I can see the phone should have a main memory of 419 MB. So far so good.

But this made me wonder for some reasons, which belongs to the append graphic:

1. After a change from Gen1 to Gen2 via TPT-Helper the phone seems to have more memory. If I take a look at "setting" -> "partition info" all the partitions together have more than 456 MB. The phone works fine for weeks.

How could that be?

2. I always have problems with low memory on my Gen2 Blade. So I'm thinking of using TPT-Helper to change it the same way.

Should that be possible? (I'm also asking this, because it seems to me only "2 stock" can make so much memory and the others can't without any explaination why.)

3. Somehow TPT-Helper want's to generate an OEM partition.

What does that mean? What is it good for? Do I really need that?

I also have 2 ZTE Skates. Of course I already installed TPT-Helper as well. And I certainly think of changing them the same way, too. So these are general questions in my opinion. If there somehow, somewhere already should be an answer to my questions, I'd appreciate if you could give me some links, without telling me, I could have looked for that better.

Happy Easter, Alex

post-995095-0-89199900-1364746056_thumb.

Guest khizhny

I have ZTE Libra (GEN3) with stock system partition like so: System 220М, Сache 37,5 М, Data 162,5 M

I've made a backup of original ROM via ClockworkMOD and repatitioned the phone.

But now I can't rever to stock ROM since there in no GEN3 TPT with 220Mb System partition size.

I've tried using GEN2 TPT with 220Mb System partition size but RIL isn't working :(

Some time ago there was such stock gen3 partition, but now it's gone.

Maybe someone can explain or point to where I can find such GEN3 partition or make it by myself?

• 1 month later...
Guest Schwedenbitter

First of all TPT-Helper works fine on my ZTE Skate. But somehow it doesn't on one of my ZTE Blades. It's a fashion edition, which I got at ebay.

If I try to make my own TPT it first seems to work good. But after a while I get an error message all the time which says "Fehler beim Kopieren des ZTE-Packs. Bitte versichere ...". The sources tell me, that would be in English "Failed to copy ztepack. Please make sure you are rooted and gave superuser permissions." I'm root an I gave the app root permissions. Just curious is, that I first got the message and then I'm asked by superuser for permissions. Shouldn't that be the other way?

Can you please tell me, under what conditions this message is popped? I would like to avoid it by myself (copy file to /image or what else...)

I have this ROM made by KonstaT. I flashed it with ClockWorkMod 5.0.2.0. I've got free 148MB on /system, 158MB on /data and 36MB on /cache. If you need more information provided, just let me know. I tried to make an Gen2 TPT with 2MB on /cache and 168MB on /system, where TPT-Helper tells me there would be 280MB for /data.

What do I wrong?

How can I make it work?

Alex

Edited by Schwedenbitter

• 7 months later...
Guest Squizzy911

First of all TPT-Helper works fine on my ZTE Skate. But somehow it doesn't on one of my ZTE Blades. It's a fashion edition, which I got at ebay.

If I try to make my own TPT it first seems to work good. But after a while I get an error message all the time which says "Fehler beim Kopieren des ZTE-Packs. Bitte versichere ...". The sources tell me, that would be in English "Failed to copy ztepack. Please make sure you are rooted and gave superuser permissions." I'm root an I gave the app root permissions. Just curious is, that I first got the message and then I'm asked by superuser for permissions. Shouldn't that be the other way?

Can you please tell me, under what conditions this message is popped? I would like to avoid it by myself (copy file to /image or what else...)

I have this ROM made by KonstaT. I flashed it with ClockWorkMod 5.0.2.0. I've got free 148MB on /system, 158MB on /data and 36MB on /cache. If you need more information provided, just let me know. I tried to make an Gen2 TPT with 2MB on /cache and 168MB on /system, where TPT-Helper tells me there would be 280MB for /data.

What do I wrong?

How can I make it work?

Alex

same here :/ running CM7.

Guest ochentay4

Is this compatible with chinese GEN2 blade with 256mb RAM?

The one that sold in Indonesia with TFT screen, and "ZTE-BLADE" on the sticker behind the batery...

edit: okay, I know that it's not compatible with blade 256

now, is anyone can find me a TPT for blade 256 with 2mb cache?

I ask the same please. I want to have 180system / 274data / 2cache like this TPT G1-G2 v10f (which I know I wont work with my Chinese Unicom 256MB RAM ZTE Blade. Please some who could help us?

• 2 weeks later...