Streakdroid 2.3

Guest fards

Guest Adam Mallinson

Thanks, installed it now as per fards instructions, works great so far laugh.gif

Thanks to everyone who made this possible!

one thing - the market.... is that how its supposed to look in 2.3?

If you mean the dark grey boxy layout then yes as it is a google change to all Android market devices i think. I know i have it now in SD 1.9.1 as well

Guest mellojoe

For what it's worth: I'm loving this version.

I was happy and content on 1.9.1 as DJ_Steve did a brilliant job getting us that far. Fards, you have taken it another step. The increased battery life is a godsend. Thank you for that. So far, everything works really well. I'm using Dolphin Mini as my browser of choice, and I have no issues with it. Every now and then I get an unrseponsive touch-screen after a phone call, but that is easily resolved by putting the phone back to my ear and pulling it away again. By toggling the screen on-off like that, it wakes up the touchscreen and it is completely usable. I get LESS force-closes now than I did previously. :)

The only actual problem I encounter concerns USSD codes. I'm on the USA AT&T network and the typical code I uses is *DATA# or *3282# to check my data usage (thank you at&t for limiting us). I don't NEED it as there are a couple of data counters in the market. But, I can't seem to resolve this. I've tried resetting the networks. I've tried editing the build.prop to show my location is US. I'm kind of fubling blind, but I'll keep playing to see if I can get it working.

Is this an AT&T only feature? Do other networks use USSD codes? Could this be a USA only thing?

Thanks a million again. Really brilliant work.

For what it's worth: I'm loving this version.

The only actual problem I encounter concerns USSD codes. I'm on the USA AT&T network and the typical code I uses is *DATA# or *3282# to check my data usage (thank you at&t for limiting us). I don't NEED it as there are a couple of data counters in the market. But, I can't seem to resolve this. I've tried resetting the networks. I've tried editing the build.prop to show my location is US. I'm kind of fubling blind, but I'll keep playing to see if I can get it working.

Is this an AT&T only feature? Do other networks use USSD codes? Could this be a USA only thing?

Thanks a million again. Really brilliant work.

Try the myat&t app from the market. Shows the data and voice usage for your current bill cycle. I bumped up that ussd result to the app, they're exactly the same. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.att.myWireless&hl=en

Are you using APNDroid or any other app that messes with your APNs to change data types etc?

I don't use any APN-editing programs, no. I did have an issue with SetDNS that someone else had (couldn't do DNS lookups on WiFi or 3G) but I solved this already. I've uninstalled it though, just waiting for the APN list to be cleared again so I can rule it out (hasn't happened yet).

I had this happen to me too, my Streak tells me it's running it, then says unknown code, dunno if that's what you get too. I never really use it, but I just want to confirm that it happens here too.

Also, does anyone know of a data counter that breaks down the usage per app? I saw My Data Manager does that but for me everything is compiled under "OS Services" so I can't see what's what. Any clue why this is happening? Did it on 1.9.1 as well.

Guest thebushmans

nobody gives a damn about insulting me and posting uneccessary comments, so i only consider it fair and appropriate that i take the same attitude. i frankly havent been 'butt hurt' by criticism, im sick to death of harrassment.but thankyou for that evaluation, next time i ceel the need a psychologist ill be sure to give you a call..

now rather than take what i said out of context why not stop and think for a while,

'mmm dell have stopped support for the streak in the us. is that really global as in all around the world is it just the usa?' 'why have all the usa websites and american members of forums decided to proclaim its not supported at all anywhere, when thats plainly not true, its just in their country' then put my words in context.

they have jumped to the conclusion based around the idea that anything that happens in the usa must be all that matters, there cant be a different alternative..

my comments werent aimed at you, but you have demonstrated the high level of jingoism that most non americans perceive is rife, by jumping in and doing the chest banging act.

if some one takes the piss out of us brits we nealry always turn around and laugh about it. especially when its true....its an attitude i wish more countries would take.

Outstanding! If I need grammar or punctuation lessons, I'll give you a call! :)

Guest txnf00tba11

ok just wanted to say thanks to fards and company for the awesome rom... im not complaining just wondering if anybody has this problem or a fix for it...

for some background previously running 1.9.1 and internal sd upgraded to 4 gig class 10. so i flashed 2.3 and everything worked awesomely, flashed new dsp1 and amss files and did the gps fix. now the problem is whenever i turn my phone off then back on it does a factory reset. at first it was rare but now it is every time i have tried everything i can think of i went to partitions menu and formatted everything as well as all the wipes i found in clockwork. its just plain annoying and dont get me wrong if i cant find a fix i guess ill just never turn the phone off again:-) but it would b nice to b able to switch batteries... any help is awesome thanks in advance

fards, on 26 September 2011 - 03:36 AM, said:

nobody gives a damn about insulting me and posting uneccessary comments, so i only consider it fair and appropriate that i take the same attitude. i frankly havent been 'butt hurt' by criticism, im sick to death of harrassment.but thankyou for that evaluation, next time i ceel the need a psychologist ill be sure to give you a call..

now rather than take what i said out of context why not stop and think for a while,

'mmm dell have stopped support for the streak in the us. is that really global as in all around the world is it just the usa?' 'why have all the usa websites and american members of forums decided to proclaim its not supported at all anywhere, when thats plainly not true, its just in their country' then put my words in context.

they have jumped to the conclusion based around the idea that anything that happens in the usa must be all that matters, there cant be a different alternative..

my comments werent aimed at you, but you have demonstrated the high level of jingoism that most non americans perceive is rife, by jumping in and doing the chest banging act.

if some one takes the piss out of us brits we nealry always turn around and laugh about it. especially when its true....its an attitude i wish more countries would take.

Outstanding! If I need grammar or punctuation lessons, I'll give you a call! :)

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!! DON'T MAKE ME STOP THIS CAR.......

You all are acting EXACTLY like the jack-asses you complained about on xda. Don't turn this into another xda flame thread, please!

How about everyone gets back to the real reason we are here and focus on the developement and use of this great ROM.

My 2 cents (or whatever denomination you prefer). Thank you!

kraz

Should have "hangout" support

(9? way video and group calling)

I always used to think XDA was populated by developers.. I was wrong :mellow:

Still, we love our devs here @MoDaCo! No matter if they created a simple theme or ported Cyanogen mod to their toaster :lol:

Wait - I can get Cyanogen ported to my toaster?!?! Awesome! tongue.gif Just wanted to get in a +1 on the love for the devs here @MoDaCo.

Guest kwenteen

Hello ! I haven't tried yet this (apparently awesome) release...

Before I do I have two question, if someone feels to answer them :

Is the touchscreen bug still there in the 2.3 version (unable to unlock the device because of the unresponsiveness of the touchscreen) ?

How are handled the mount points ? Is there still an init.rc file to edit, to modify those parameters, and is there now an automatic recognition of a double userspace ? (à la samsung galaxy S, with internal memory + microSD)

Thanks !

Edited by kwenteen

Guest Coxeroni

Is the touchscreen bug still there in the 2.3 version (unable to unlock the device because of the unresponsiveness of the touchscreen) ?

I haven't noticed any touchscreen issues at all. Some people reported, that the couldn't activate the touchscreen after a call. Setting the power button to end the call always resolved the problem.

Guest vanemburghj

Had to go back to 1.9.1 due suffering freezes and/or FCs while browsing. Based on google searches, there are two recommended fixes, different browsers (opera, miren, skyfire, and firefox [firefox for some reason always displayed non-English characters]) and adjust heap settings. I might have gone overboard, but I started at 0m, worked my way back to 64m and still have the same issues. Anybody else having the same or did you the have issue, but used another fix that is not published? Am pretty much willing to try anything as I honestly had better overall feel to it running 2.3.3.

Thanks in advance.

Guest mellojoe

Had to go back to 1.9.1 due suffering freezes and/or FCs while browsing. Based on google searches, there are two recommended fixes, different browsers (opera, miren, skyfire, and firefox [firefox for some reason always displayed non-English characters]) and adjust heap settings. I might have gone overboard, but I started at 0m, worked my way back to 64m and still have the same issues. Anybody else having the same or did you the have issue, but used another fix that is not published? Am pretty much willing to try anything as I honestly had better overall feel to it running 2.3.3.

Thanks in advance.

I just use Dolphin Mini, and I have zero issues with browser. Never changed any of the heap settings.

Guest vanemburghj

I just use Dolphin Mini, and I have zero issues with browser. Never changed any of the heap settings.

That is the one browser I did not try will reload 2.3.3 and let you know the outcomes. Thanks for recommendation.

Guest vanemburghj

Mini working like a charm now having problem synching my bookmarks sent note to dolphin support so should be good. Thanks for the help.

Guest andycqos

Opera is still crashing for me, despite changing the heap settings.

Is this rom still a work in progress? Can we expect future versions that might resolve this?

Guest vanemburghj

Opera is still crashing for me, despite changing the heap settings.

Is this rom still a work in progress? Can we expect future versions that might resolve this?

Andy,

Dolphin mini is still working like champ since I installed it. Depending on how Fards feels we might get an update go through this forum and you will see why he got mad.

Guest andycqos

Andy,

Dolphin mini is still working like champ since I installed it. Depending on how Fards feels we might get an update go through this forum and you will see why he got mad.

I dont want to use Dolphin, though thanks for the suggestion.

I've been reading this forum regularly for a quite a while now, so Im familiar with Fards opinion of some of the posters on here. I deliberately worded my question with that in mind ;)

Guest Azurren

Yeah the heap change helps but the freezing / restarting issue seems to creep back after a while

Although it defiantly helps

Fards was looking for a fix to that issue but apparently it isn't obvious or an easy fix :)

Fix you want Fards to continue development stick @ MoDaCo and wait patiently :)

Although sending him love in the form of Hugs*Kisses via post may help! (Or even better, cash through donations) But don't PM spam him, even if its praise.. Donno about him but I certainly don't enjoy it when there is a nasty little "Hurry up!" message hidden between the lines

Guest andycqos

Yeah the heap change helps but the freezing / restarting issue seems to creep back after a while

Although it defiantly helps

Fards was looking for a fix to that issue but apparently it isn't obvious or an easy fix :)

Fix you want Fards to continue development stick @ MoDaCo and wait patiently :)

Although sending him love in the form of Hugs*Kisses via post may help! (Or even better, cash through donations) But don't PM spam him, even if its praise.. Donno about him but I certainly don't enjoy it when there is a nasty little "Hurry up!" message hidden between the lines

There was no nasty little message hidden anywhere. It was a genuine question.

Guest Azurren

There was no nasty little message hidden anywhere. It was a genuine question.

I wasn't referring to you ;)

See the link in my siggy? Can you imagine how much PM "Love-Hate" I used to get (and sometimes still do) from that? I'd imagine a rom dev would get at least twice as much :(

Edited by Azurren

Guest andycqos

I wasn't referring to you ;)

See the link in my siggy? Can you imagine how much PM "Love-Hate" I used to get (and sometimes still do) from that? I'd imagine a rom dev would get at least twice as much :(

Ah, ok .. sorry!

I think I know pretty well what kind of feedback fards, and others, will be getting. As I said in an earlier post, I work in this area and do some development stuff outside of work - not in Android though, hence my reliance on people like Steve and fards - and you learn to just ignore the, obvious, idiots and focus on those who have genuine feedback - good or bad. Its not that difficult to tell the two apart.

Again, as I said earlier, as well as those who give positive feedback, there will be a large number of users who are quite happy with the rom but never say anything. Its the minority who actually complain. It would be a shame for the majority to miss out because of this, but thats fards decision.

Guest pompeyboyz

going to have to revert to DJSteves 1.9.1 due to a few stability issues. Do I need to do another fastboot for amss and dsp or will the ones in the first post be ok to keep?

Guest alert_bri

Well, as stated above the heap change definitely helps but I'm getting crashes with Miren Browser - which is a real shame because it's a brilliant browser. I'll try Dolphin mini and Angel to see if they're any good as an alternative in the meantime.

Even with the occasional hiccups, this is the best OS yet for the Dell Streak - GPS works fantastically well, battery life is awesome... generally awesome.

Thank you fards, grow a thick skin and keep on truckin' biggrin.gif

Brian

Update - downloaded Dolphin mini and will give it a trial... initial impression is that it's slow compared with Miren.

Edited by alert_bri

Guest Azurren

going to have to revert to DJSteves 1.9.1 due to a few stability issues. Do I need to do another fastboot for amss and dsp or will the ones in the first post be ok to keep?

Flashing a PKG will revert any changes..

It may not be needed but I would recommend it.

(Better that than using the phone for a while and setting it up just the way you like it then experiencing problems)