Streakdroid 2.3

Guest fards

Guest mellojoe

Regarding the GPS: on 1.9 it would take a minute or two to get a fix. With this ROM, it is nearly instant. O honestly couldn't believe how fast the satellites would pick me up, so I tried riffling it on and off over several days and each time it found me before I could say "GPS"

Guest alert_bri

Yes, GPS is a major win for this release... Along with battery life. I've started to get used to the Dolphin mini browser too now and if it remains stable I can live the change.

Big thumbs up to Fards... The Dell Streak now finally feels leading edge in software as well as hardware.

Cheers

Brian

Guest isitafox

I'm all set to give this a go (currently on treakdroid 1.9) but before I do I'm not 100% certain what fastboot command I should be using with the amss and dsp files.

Can anyone enlighten me please??

Thanks!

Guest El_Diablo666

I'm all set to give this a go (currently on treakdroid 1.9) but before I do I'm not 100% certain what fastboot command I should be using with the amss and dsp files.

Can anyone enlighten me please??

Thanks!

fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn

fastboot -i 0x413c flash dsp1 dsp1.mbn

fastboot -i 0x413c reboot

Guest isitafox

fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn

fastboot -i 0x413c flash dsp1 dsp1.mbn

fastboot -i 0x413c reboot

Nice one cheers, got it installed and currently working my way through re-installing the stuff I used to have on. Had a problem getting it to download mms but I've finally sorted that now! Just wait to see what the battery performance is like and how things pan out. I'm hoping it'll have fixed the wireless problem I used to have with steve's 1.9 of disconnecting and then not auto reconnecting to my home network.

Edited by isitafox

Guest Azurren

hi. installed a few days ago. works amazing.

THANK YOU FARDS!

i cant seem to go into clockwork recovery . any help on this one?

thank you .

Kinda odd :S

Your holding vol up + vol down and selecting option 2 right?

My suggestion would be to fastboot flash the latest version of StreakMod recovery :)

Guest alert_bri

OK, I'm looking Dolphin Mini more and more so that's no hardship but still a couple of crashes in the last day. I'm also fairly frequently losing all of my play lists which is odd. Luckily I'm using Mixzing which has a playlist restore function.

The Dell Streak really does deserve better support than this. Dell should be properly ashamed of how they've dumped on their users here... How difficult would it be for them to release the source code / drivers and dish out a few freebies to developers? Stupid stupid stupid Dell. Stupid.

Cheers

Brian

Guest maxicet

OK, I'm looking Dolphin Mini more and more so that's no hardship but still a couple of crashes in the last day. I'm also fairly frequently losing all of my play lists which is odd. Luckily I'm using Mixzing which has a playlist restore function.

The Dell Streak really does deserve better support than this. Dell should be properly ashamed of how they've dumped on their users here... How difficult would it be for them to release the source code / drivers and dish out a few freebies to developers? Stupid stupid stupid Dell. Stupid.

Cheers

Brian

Like I said in XDA thread, try to use "my" international version of streakdroid 2.3.3 ! It's optimized and very stable, I had a lot of positive feedbacks, please TRY TO BELIEVE...

Install the zip, do a factory reset, set display animations to "no windows animation are shown", AND ENJOY GINGERBREAD !!..;)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1275239

Edited by maxicet

Guest DaGoodBoy

So when i was given this kernel it seemed obvious to release it asap to get a good solid working build out.

Okay, that confirms part of what I suspected. Thanks for all you've done!

In my spare time I've been working on your github DellStreak5-GingerBread kernel repo to see if I can help getting it running on my Streak. I filed a couple of bug reports for things I've seen and have got a clean build now. Still, it would be nice to be able to start with the source for the working kernel in your release, but c'est la vie.

DaGoodBoy

Guest vanemburghj

Okay, that confirms part of what I suspected. Thanks for all you've done!

In my spare time I've been working on your github DellStreak5-GingerBread kernel repo to see if I can help getting it running on my Streak. I filed a couple of bug reports for things I've seen and have got a clean build now. Still, it would be nice to be able to start with the source for the working kernel in your release, but c'est la vie.

DaGoodBoy

Have you tried to PM/tweet, ect him? Know he still has the urge to develop, it was just the idiots that wore him out. Am pretty sure if you are able to help he will gladly accept it.

Guest King Konkueror

Hi mrmrmrmr, can you please post the tun.ko here

Regards

Fards,

I've already compiled tun and it is working.

cifs is compiled as well but it is not working because the kernel does not have the slow_work option enabled and the source at your github requires slow_work.

So, how did you build a working cifs module ?

Do you have other sources ?

Also, where ,n the thread is your post with modules ?

thx.

With some fairly minor tweaking, I've become very satisfied with this build. Thanks a lot fards.

One issue I'm having is that tethering options have disappeared. One other user at XDA mentioned the same thing but no one had a solution there. Any ideas?

I noticed that both me and the other user on Rogers.

Kind regards,

kentt

Guest Azurren

With some fairly minor tweaking, I've become very satisfied with this build. Thanks a lot fards.

One issue I'm having is that tethering options have disappeared. One other user at XDA mentioned the same thing but no one had a solution there. Any ideas?

Kind regards,

kentt

Which firmware did you come from?

354+ is recommended, could be the problem :S

Guest zero410

Kind regards,

kentt

Hey, I too am on Rogers and noticed the tethering option missing.

The only work around I got right now is to download another app to run tethering for me, as the functionality is still there, just not accessible the traditional way.

Which firmware did you come from?

354+ is recommended, could be the problem :S

I was using Simple Streak 1.2, so that's based off 354 I think.

That brings up an issue that I've not seen discussed before. Why does what firmware you're coming from matter. I've been doing factory reset -> flash -> factory reset. It doesn't seem like there should be much left from whatever you've come from, but I guess I'm wrong here.

Thanks zero410. I've not had any luck finding an app that work. Could I ask what you're using.

Regards,

kentt

Guest Azurren

I was using Simple Streak 1.2, so that's based off 354 I think.

That brings up an issue that I've not seen discussed before. Why does what firmware you're coming from matter. I've been doing factory reset -> flash -> factory reset. It doesn't seem like there should be much left from whatever you've come from, but I guess I'm wrong here.

Thanks zero410. I've not had any luck finding an app that work. Could I ask what you're using.

Regards,

kentt

Tbh I can't answer that :S

AMSS and DSP1 files are left over from official updates and left unchanged after flashing roms (Baseband) although this isn't really an issue with 2.3 as you have to manually flash these anyway.

I think OS level stuff (Drivers etc.) may come from official updates..

All I can say for sure is that it causes problems :P

My update process for ANY new rom: Flash stock recovery -> Flash 360pkg (Used to be 254) -> Boot it once -> Flash Streakmod recovery -> Flash rom -> Wipe data/cache/davlik -> Dell facroty reset

For a 100% guaranteed error-free rom :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TheOnlySaneGuy

Ummm... My Streak was on 1.9.0 and i upgraded to 2.4.3 and i also installed amss and dsp and whenever I start My phone everything fcs and i cant do anything with the phone :( What do I do?! Please help.