Can't boot in Clockwork recovery

Guest BoeckxL

Guest t0mm13b

Okie....

An experiment.... last attempt and will let others read this entire thread for any other suggestions....

Can you please take out the sdcard and let the ROM boot up as usual... let me know what your results are?

(Its 00:15am here...and am starting to get brain tired...so forgive me)

You did state earlier that you could not get any directory listing of the /sdcard?

I am beginning to wonder is the sdcard corrupted as it could be contributing to the fact you could not boot into clockwork or that the android logo keeps spinning....

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest BoeckxL

Please disregard the previous posting.... as you say you have not pushed any files across it?

Well I thought I pushed those files across (as you can see on the print screen I've send you) and I thought everything went well.

After pushing the files I didn't exit cmd but I just pulled the USB plug out of my phone, pulled the battery out, waited a while, put it back in.

Pushed volume, menu and the on button. Green android man appeared, still pushed the volume key and menu key in and then the android letters came back.

They're still there now..

So I don't really know if I properly pushed the files :s Maybe I shoudl try to mount the SD card and check whether or not they or on it? (Don't know how though)

Thanks man :)

Guest BoeckxL

Experiment without the SD card neither seems to be working, I also thought of that as a possibility (obviously after you mentionned it), but no luck unfortunately!

Thanks a lot really, I hope someone can help me with this one, but really I'm very thankful for your help. Going to bed myself too now, studying and making finals all day and spending till 1:30 trying to make my phone work again (with an angry girlfriend popping up on facebook once in a while to complain why I didn't text her). So braindead as well over here ;)

Guest t0mm13b

Well I thought I pushed those files across (as you can see on the print screen I've send you) and I thought everything went well.

After pushing the files I didn't exit cmd but I just pulled the USB plug out of my phone, pulled the battery out, waited a while, put it back in.

Pushed volume, menu and the on button. Green android man appeared, still pushed the volume key and menu key in and then the android letters came back.

They're still there now..

So I don't really know if I properly pushed the files :s Maybe I shoudl try to mount the SD card and check whether or not they or on it? (Don't know how though)

Thanks man :)

Okie... uhmmm....to check if the files are indeed there - you can try this from adb shell

mount /dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/sdcard

Then, within the same adb shell

ls /sdcard/

You should get back a directory listing of files on the sdcard. If you got this far... congratulations - your sdcard seems okie... from there again, within the same adb shell

cd /sdcard

mkdir image

From the Windows Cmd, adb push the files across it and re-try again.

:)

Guest BoeckxL

Last reply (at least till tomorrow morning!): When I mount the SD card I get the message mount /dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/sdcard Usage: mount [-r] [-w] [-o options] [-t type] device directory

when I do the ls /sdcard/ it just says ls /sdcard/ so no list with what's on the sd card. Pretty strange!

Guest t0mm13b

Last reply (at least till tomorrow morning!): When I mount the SD card I get the message mount /dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/sdcard Usage: mount [-r] [-w] [-o options] [-t type] device directory

when I do the ls /sdcard/ it just says ls /sdcard/ so no list with what's on the sd card. Pretty strange!

Last reply here too :)

Okie - it means your sdcard is not mounted by the system! Hence no list on what's in the sdcard...

The command for the mount is wrong....

Should have been....

mount -t vfat -o dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0 /dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/sdcard

If the above fails - try this way

mount -t vfat -o rw /dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/sdcard

B)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest BoeckxL

Last reply here too :)

Okie - it means your sdcard is not mounted by the system! Hence no list on what's in the sdcard...

The command for the mount is wrong....

Should have been....

mount -t vfat -o dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0 /dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/sdcard

If the above fails - try this way

mount -t vfat -o rw /dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/sdcard

B)

Great news, your last command allowed me to acces my SD card and check what's on it, no 'Image' map visible though, so I think I didn't push anything on it! I will now go back to your post where you said what I should do when I was able to acces it. Hopefully everything will work out now! :)

Cheers man!!! You're a hero :D

Guest BoeckxL

I'm in ClockworMod Recovery v3.0.2.7

I have to install a ROM now, but isn't there already one on my SD card normally? Or should I add from my PC again?

I will search for a new ROM on the internet and then will put it on my SD and then 'install zip from sdcard'?

cheers!

Guest t0mm13b

Hi,

Yes you can, be sure to use both 'Wipe Data/Factory Reset' and 'Wipe Cache' from Clockwork, prior to installing a ROM.

Then you should be okie :)

Next time, if you used the Power+Vol Down+Menu, it will wipe and re-TPT again so, remove the image directory of the sdcard after.

B)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest BoeckxL

Hi Tom

Sorry to bother you again but I still have a minor issue.

My PC wasn't able to recognize the phone anymore so I installed a new driver

When I did my PC recognized my phone as a modem (to connect to internet), but it still doesn't recognize it as a software volume or something like that, so when I go to my computer I still can't see 'ZTE phone' or something like that, so I don't really know how and where to put the zip file.

I downloaded the flb Froyo r10 (just in case it's not the good one you can tell me :D)

Sorry about me being so noobish, haven't really done this before!

Thanks a lot! I already wiped data/factory reset and wipe cache partition!

Guest Phoenix Silver

Ignore this... bad timing....

Now, proceed to reboot - you need to time the sequence to give you a chance to get the right buttons pressed....

1. Exit the adb shell by hitting Ctrl+D
  2. Unplug the cable and pull the battery :)
  3. Wait for 30 seconds
  4. Pop the battery back in and ....
  5. Hold down the Volume down Key + Menu Key and press the Power button and hold all three buttons together :)

At this point, allow the flashing of the files into the blade's handset and it will reboot in a few minutes into ClockworkRecovery :)

It's volume up key not volume down :)

Guest BoeckxL

Have you used the menu mounts and storages in clockworkmod ?

What should I use over there?

unmount /cache

mount /data

mount /sdcard

mount /system

mount /sd-ext

format /boot

format /cache

format /data

format /sdcard

format /system

format /sd-ext

mount USB storage

obviously I checked USB storage but the only option I had there was to unmount,

while I'm looking at it all of a sudden a screen pops up, so now I seem to be able to copy the .zip to my phone.

Sikeddddddd :D

Thanks!

Guest t0mm13b

Great to hear :)

You are now on Gen2 so remember that ;)

Now, you can flash any ROM you like...

Personally, I am using CM7's latest nightly :)

Good luck with your revived blade :)

Guest BoeckxL

Ok, one more problem: when I mount the USB storage I can see more files on it then when I select apply zip from SD Card. When I acces it from my pc I can see the ZIP file I added to it, but when I acces it from my PHONE (editted) I can't see it. What should I do? Or should I select 'apply update from sdcard' in the main menu? Or apply /sdcard/update.zip at the other menu?

Cheers! :)

Edited by BoeckxL

Guest t0mm13b

Ok, one more problem: when I mount the USB storage I can see more files on it then when I select apply zip from SD Card. When I acces it from my pc I can see the ZIP file I added to it, but when I acces it from my PHONE (editted) I can't see it. What should I do? Or should I select 'apply update from sdcard' in the main menu? Or apply /sdcard/update.zip at the other menu?

Cheers! :)

From within ClockworkMod Recovery, 'Install zip from sdcard' > 'Choose zip from sdcard', you will get a directory listing of files on the sdcard, select the appropriate zip and, 'Confirm install', scroll down to 'Yes', and you're done :) Allow it to run and then it will go back to the main menu, select 'Reboot System now' :)

Guest BoeckxL

From within ClockworkMod Recovery, 'Install zip from sdcard' > 'Choose zip from sdcard', you will get a directory listing of files on the sdcard, select the appropriate zip and, 'Confirm install', scroll down to 'Yes', and you're done :) Allow it to run and then it will go back to the main menu, select 'Reboot System now' :)

Ok, that worked :D I installed the zip! But another issue pops up! I select reboot system now and then a huuuuuuuge android logo pops up.. It takes a second or two and then I'm back in clockwork recovery? Should I select 'power off' at the bottom of clockwork recovery and try it that way?

I'm sorry but I don't want to take any risks (because I already deleted the image so if I do something wrong now I have to do everything all over again)!

Guest t0mm13b

Ok, that worked :D I installed the zip! But another issue pops up! I select reboot system now and then a huuuuuuuge android logo pops up.. It takes a second or two and then I'm back in clockwork recovery? Should I select 'power off' at the bottom of clockwork recovery and try it that way?

I'm sorry but I don't want to take any risks (because I already deleted the image so if I do something wrong now I have to do everything all over again)!

Yes, that huge android logo is normal. :)

Now, power off the handset and try again :)

If you keep going back into ClockworkMod recovery - then something is wrong there as to why its acting as if the volume down key is pressed and triggering the boot into recovery..... :blink:

Guest BoeckxL

Yes, that huge android logo is normal. :)

Now, power off the handset and try again :)

If you keep going back into ClockworkMod recovery - then something is wrong there as to why its acting as if the volume down key is pressed and triggering the boot into recovery..... :blink:

Power off. Wait a few seconds. Power back on. Huge adroid logo and clockworkmod recovery again

This sucks :(

Edit: Even better now, tried it a few times and now the phone is stuck at the huge big green android logo....

Edit2: we're back in clockworkmod recovery

Edited by BoeckxL

Guest t0mm13b

:huh:

That's sucky....

Just wth is going on there and why is it keep going back into ClockworkMod recovery?!

Okie, I wonder is the volume keys broken on it and is making contact with the Volume Down key all the time?

:blink:

Wish I could do more... but am literally clueless at this point!

Guest BoeckxL

:huh:

That's sucky....

Just wth is going on there and why is it keep going back into ClockworkMod recovery?!

Okie, I wonder is the volume keys broken on it and is making contact with the Volume Down key all the time?

:blink:

Wish I could do more... but am literally clueless at this point!

Maybe I downloaded the wrong zip file, I'm looking for a CM 7 rom now and will try to put that on my SD card. Can I 'over' install it or should I first delete the installed froyo?

Well thanks for the help already, I'm hoping someone else drops by to give the solution.

Really your help is much appreciated :)

Guest BoeckxL

LOL

Ok, I flashed the CM 7. I was pissed off because once again there was that big green android logo staring at me. But then all of a sudden, there came a skateboarding one on my screen (Ok, I didn't sleep much, but that scared me). Now, while typing, I'm entering my SIM code.

AND my phone is working! CM 7 is a lot different to SS! but hey, I love it

THanks a lot Tom for all your effort! Really you've been a great help and I'm really thankful you never gave up on me ;)

Cheers man!

Guest t0mm13b

LOL

Ok, I flashed the CM 7. I was pissed off because once again there was that big green android logo staring at me. But then all of a sudden, there came a skateboarding one on my screen (Ok, I didn't sleep much, but that scared me). Now, while typing, I'm entering my SIM code.

AND my phone is working! CM 7 is a lot different to SS! but hey, I love it

THanks a lot Tom for all your effort! Really you've been a great help and I'm really thankful you never gave up on me ;)

Cheers man!

That's brilliant and fantastic news!

Kudos to you for keeping it cool throughout my guidance and advice :)

Let me know how you get on later on today. :)

Edited by t0mm13b