[Confused] Maybe i've cracked my Bootloader?!

Guest NoDiskNoFun

Guest NoDiskNoFun

Hey,

yesterday i've flash the new TripNMiui version (http://www.mediafire.com/?sbuvsn2skvu447q) over this version (http://www.mediafire...c24chy9nmiz9ori) both with Doomkernel v4 (modFXP-DooMKernel-v04) then i've restore an Miui-backup (with i'll send developers i know 'cause there a private contents in it (like sms and contacts)). X10 crashed down and when i try to restart it it stucks BEFORE SE logo (led blinks and phone vibrates). With flashtool i've flashed 2.3 ftf and now it runs again.

i've test it 3 time, same result every turn.

So maybe i've crack it?

if not sorry for every shock =P

Guest andrewddickey

If only it were that simple.

Did you wipe everything before? Maybe Doomkernel v4 is not compatible with MIUI. Battery charged?

Try it without restoring system settings in MIUI as they are two different versions of MIUI. Don't restore data either. Can cause problems.

Dunno. Let's have others speak to this topic.

But I'll tell you for sure that you didn't crack the bootloader. Your phone just won't boot or load. biggrin.gif

Guest festa20

It's called 'soft bricked' the phone cannot boot up because the DooMKernel you used isn't compatable with TripNMiUI, with the ramdisk.tar and wifi.ko etc... being different, so yeah because our bootloader isn't unlocked is the reason that PC Companion, flashtool, SEUS etc is accepting it, due to it being in flashmode, if it was bootloader unlocked then it would be a proper briick (no flashmode at all)

Hope this helps

Regards

Guest highaltitude

More like, how much stuff can I download and flash to my phone with blatant disregard for compatibility or dev recommendations as if Im on crack and have no clue about phones, but not completly brick my phone, and then ask everyone why the phone is unresponsive and not working. :lol:

Guest TripNRaVeR

1 - IF you allready had cracked it then you fixed the crack by flashing the ftf file over it

2 - Its not possible to crack it in this way

3 - To get the X10 in to flastboot mode do the following

- create an ftf file

- put in the kernel and baseband sin files (MAKE SURE THEY DONT MATCH)

for example bb61 with the new gb-ready semc kernel

- After flash boot into rom

- Start adb shell

- run the following commands

su

reboot

(dont remove the usb cable at any time in this process)

- The phone reboots automaticly into fastboot

You cant do anything because fastboot dont reconize the phone, so maybe with some proper drivers you can get in to it, this is all i know.

Guest miguelkill

How do you know that thing is fastboot?

1 - IF you allready had cracked it then you fixed the crack by flashing the ftf file over it

2 - Its not possible to crack it in this way

3 - To get the X10 in to flastboot mode do the following

- create an ftf file

- put in the kernel and baseband sin files (MAKE SURE THEY DONT MATCH)

for example bb61 with the new gb-ready semc kernel

- After flash boot into rom

- Start adb shell

- run the following commands

su

reboot

(dont remove the usb cable at any time in this process)

- The phone reboots automaticly into fastboot

You cant do anything because fastboot dont reconize the phone, so maybe with some proper drivers you can get in to it, this is all i know.

Guest TripNRaVeR

How do you know that thing is fastboot?

Because SEUS flash the phone in the same modus. Also (i believe it was procmon) i checked the process and saw fastboot somewhere.

Guest NoDiskNoFun

no it's not because of the kernel ... it works perfectly for me with TripNMiui without restoring the Backup

<div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>and it was not the topic "<b>How can i restore my phone</b>" cause i get everything working like before.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

Edited by NoDiskNoFun