Mod Version Of ClockWorkMod Recovery for Racer

Guest Racerboy

ok, i can get into recovery, i see the menu screen with the pheonix pic and the arrows for the virtual keys but they dont work, also there are error messages imposed under virtual keys at the bottom:

E:cant mount /cahe/recovery

E: Cant open /cache/recovery/last_

E: unknown volume for **** [/cahe/recovery/command]

hard keys dont work either

Okie... the kernel probably needs a recompile for it to not to respond to the touching of the arrows... hard keys not working? sounds like ftm mode is enabled... which is known to jam hard keys... I used deadlink's vendor/device tree from github so that's a good head start... can you get a screenshot of the racer with the recovery screen so I can see it.

As for the cache/recovery - that sounds like as if there's an existing log in there - you can remove it safely to get around that message - by adb shell into it and go into the cache/recovery and remove the files there

B)

here you go screenshot of recovery post-910581-0-88066500-1316707720_thumb.

That's cool and pleasing to see... :D

So will get a kernel recompile shortly to get the touch screen working, the errors - sounds like the recovery is full up of logs... its safe to delete them

Thanks for that :)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Racerboy

To follow up :-

Touchscreen is not responding?

Physical keys work?

Cheers, B)

touchscreen is not working full stop and hard keys work (vol- vol+ and power button) but they are tempremental (did then didnt)

i havent delete the recovery.log yet though

touchscreen is not working full stop and hard keys work (vol- vol+ and power button) but they are tempremental (did then didnt)

i havent delete the recovery.log yet though

Hi Racerboy,

Okie - I have taken the kernel from the 4pda rom to see if this works... so could you try it out and let me know.

(Have tried to recompile a few kernels from different sources and the build broke for some reason despite using the existing rom's kernel configuration... - What concerns me is the fact that FTM mode is enabled in the kernel which incidentally, on the blade, it can jam the touchscreen and hard keys - especially in recovery, it can cause grief but worth a shot... just wish I could get the proper github kernel source for this racer or where it is from so that I could recompile without FTM mode!)

Edit: Found deadlink's github source and compiling again. So will prepare another version with this kernel shortly!

racer_recovery.zip

Edited by t0mm13b

To follow up - if the previous posting's recovery image fails - FTM strikes... :D

this is a freshly compiled kernel embedded with recovery without FTM mode so the touchscreen should be responding and physical keys also...

Fingers crossed...

Cheers,

B)

racer2_recovery.zip

Guest Racerboy

ok fastboot-ed the 1st recovery.img you posted today results:

no response at 1st but i did just go into recovery straight after installing it, so i rebooted phone to desktop and then rebooted into recovery and wal-la, hard keys working and VIRTUAL KEYS to a point work aswell, arrow up works fine, arrow down works fine, arrow pointing left (select) reacts with error messages but still its a reaction lol, the virtual + key on the lefthand side dont work at all and the - and + above the arrows dont work either........your getting there :D

2nd recovery you posted results: fast boot-ed recovery.img, turned off phone, turned back on and let it load to desktop, rebooted into recovery but it just looped the green droid pic and then proceed to load to dekstop, i turned off phone and manaully tried to get into recovery (vol- and power button) but i kept looping the green droid pic until i took my finger off the vol- button then it proceed to load to desktop......

hope it helps :D

ok fastboot-ed the 1st recovery.img you posted today results:

no response at 1st but i did just go into recovery straight after installing it, so i rebooted phone to desktop and then rebooted into recovery and wal-la, hard keys working and VIRTUAL KEYS to a point work aswell, arrow up works fine, arrow down works fine, arrow pointing left (select) reacts with error messages but still its a reaction lol, the virtual + key on the lefthand side dont work at all and the - and + above the arrows dont work either........your getting there :D

Weird! Oo

What sort of error messages did you get on that reaction - can you pastebin it somewhere?

Boot into recovery.

From there, plug in the cable, do this:

adb pull /cache/recovery/last_log ./recovery_last_log.txt
and
adb pull /cache/recovery/log ./recovery_log.txt
Play on the recovery, tap everywhere to make sure it's hitting the sweet spot... then
adb pull /tmp/recovery.log ./tmp_recovery_log.txt

Attach those files and reply back here please :)

Cheers...

Some progress...

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Racerboy

and

booted into recovery and checked adb devices : mooncake racer recovery

but apparently the file does not exist when i type in both commands seperateley

and

booted into recovery and checked adb devices : mooncake racer recovery

but apparently the file does not exist when i type in both commands seperateley

:huh:

Okie... am 'as-baffled-as-those-CERN-scientists-who-saw-a-neutrino-travel-backwards-in-time-faster-than-the-speed-of-light'.... KKKKKKHHHHHHAAAANNNNNN

when i type in "adb pull /tmp/recovery.log ./tmp_recovery_log.txt" i get "4 kb/s (4735 bytes in 1.000s) but dont know where the file location is or how to get it out dry.gif

okie...

Let's take an example.

Suppose you were in the 'My Documents' folder and you issued the command, the file 'tmp_recovery_log.txt' should be present in that folder, likewise, if you were in the 'Windows' folder and issued the command, the file should be there in that folder, i.e. My Documents\tmp_recovery_log.txt', 'C:\Windows\tmp_recovery_log.txt' respectively....

Edit: Just realized - you're using windows right? then replace the forward slash in the last part of the command with back-slash... <_<

(If you are, do the following)

adb pull /tmp/recovery.log .\tmp_recovery_log.txt

Just saw this:

Starting recovery on Fri Sep 23 13:02:46 2011

framebuffer: fd 4 (240 x 320)

W:ev_init: Default Sync Count = 22

E:failed to open /etc/recovery.fstab (No such file or directory)

W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /cache during fstab generation!

W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /data during fstab generation!

W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /system during fstab generation!

W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /sdcard during fstab generation!

W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /sd-ext during fstab generation!

I:Completed outputting fstab.

I:Processing arguments.

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Racerboy

ok results: menu screen has no error messages behind it now :) and hard keys work, the virtual + key still does not work but the rest do and very nicely too, i have noticed that if i go into recovery manually (power off the phone and press vol- and power button) that none of the buttons hard/virtual work at all apart from the power button to restart phone, if however the phone is powered on and i got to reboot option then recovery they then work apart from above mensioned + key, did a re-install of recovery to make sure and same results.....hope it makes sense :)

ok results: menu screen has no error messages behind it now :) and hard keys work, the virtual + key still does not work but the rest do and very nicely too, i have noticed that if i go into recovery manually (power off the phone and press vol- and power button) that none of the buttons hard/virtual work at all apart from the power button to restart phone, if however the phone is powered on and i got to reboot option then recovery they then work apart from above mensioned + key, did a re-install of recovery to make sure and same results.....hope it makes sense :)

Great progress... so far so good....

why the + key not work... will have to check that out... as others work... weird!

As for starting recovery from cold-starting the handset, (handset switched off... press press vol- and power key), recovery seizes up and refuses to respond ... don't know what to say to that... weird... but works if hot-starting the handset, ie reboot and enter recovery there and then.. it works...

am trying to make sense of that one ... :)

But glad to hear its nearly there... will keep at it... may have to recompile another kernel version to see if that resolves the cold-start problem...

Stay tuned ;)

Thanks for your help :)

P.S: Can you send another screenshot this time round... am wondering is the touch sensitivity icon above the + is near the boundaries of the + key on screen....

Edit: P.P.S: Will double check on the Galaxy 5 handset to make sure... also... for benefit of others - please do not try it as this version that Racerboy is using is somewhat "unstable" ... :) Will keep this thread alive somewhat to inform what's happening ;) :D

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Racerboy

btw the normal select button (make call button) dont work

EDIT: left arrow < (on the right) and end call button do same the function aswell, they go back a step, the power button is intermitently allowing me select things if i tap it, press and hold power button restarts the phone...

Edited by Racerboy

btw the normal select button (make call button) dont work

EDIT: left arrow < (on the right) and end call button do same the function aswell, they go back a step, the power button is intermitently allowing me select things if i tap it, press and hold power button restarts the phone...

Ho okie.... that's bizarre....

Can you try something.... can you revert back to the 4pda rom's recovery or whatever one you used prior to our cwm mod and check and confirm the behaviour that you're experiencing... basically, the cwm mod's kernel is using the identical kernel version that is found in the 4pda rom (I extracted it and put that together to make the recovery image) so would want to eliminate if the kernel is at fault here....

I have a recompiled version of deadlink's kernel using the identical recovery's kernel configuration by sebastian with the inclusion of touchscreen....

As a FYI, the sensitivity icon fingerprints, the left one increases sensitivity (the menu bar will fly off at a touch), the right one decreases sensitivity (becomes harder for the touch screen interaction as if needing to press down hard on it), the middle resets the sensitivity to default...

Did you have to press hard on the icons itself as matter of interest?

Also, as FYI, the Galaxy5 works perfect... just the menus are a bit much for that handset I guess...

img20110923165323.jpg

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Racerboy

ok standard cwm 4.0.1.5 keys:

vol+ moves selector up

vol- moves selector down

press power button once and it goes up a step from sub-menu`s, press and hold brings up the clockmod pic that is behind the menu screen (top hat and circle arrow)

make call button (hard key) selects whatever you have chosen

end call button (hard key) brings up the clockmod pic that is behind the menu screen (top hat and circle arrow)

also end call button and power button act as back aswell only if you are in a sub-menu

Edit: sensitivity with your mod cwm was great on default setting :)

Edited by Racerboy

ok standard cwm 4.0.1.5 keys:

vol+ moves selector up

vol- moves selector down

press power button once and it goes up a step from sub-menu`s, press and hold brings up the clockmod pic that is behind the menu screen (top hat and circle arrow)

make call button (hard key) selects whatever you have chosen

end call button (hard key) brings up the clockmod pic that is behind the menu screen (top hat and circle arrow)

also end call button and power button act as back aswell only if you are in a sub-menu

Okie :)

So would you think, under our cwm mod, certain keys are getting blocked as a result or getting different behaviour? :)

Guest Racerboy

there must be a conflict between end call and power button i think, make call has no function at all and end call/power button basically are the same, if you can get select working with the make call button it MAY take the conflict/same function what the other to hard key buttons have :blink: or something like that :lol: