Modaco Wiki

Guest katu2006

Guest katu2006

Since I bought the X5, I've been using the Modaco Wiki as source of Stock Roms...Now that the Huawei website has been updated, is there anyway to re-gain access to the stock Roms?

Guest McSpoon

I've updated the links on the U8800 wiki page but unfortunately there is another problem. Most of the files now require a login account. If anyone manages to create an account with the right privileges then please tell us all how.

Edited by McSpoon

Guest katu2006

Good work with updating the links. I've got an account, but it seems that I don't have the rights to access the file. I've emailed Huawei Support, let's see what happens...

Guest katu2006

Good work with updating the links. I've got an account, but it seems that I don't have the rights to access the file. I've emailed Huawei Support, let's see what happens...

No go, they replied to say that firmware upgrades are not recommended to be done by the end-users...:( Typical...

So, we're basically stuck?

Guest McSpoon

:( Typical. The main thing I liked about Huawei was that I could restore the firmware if anything went wrong. Without it, their phones become far less attractive. It's a shame they've done that.

:( Typical. The main thing I liked about Huawei was that I could restore the firmware if anything went wrong. Without it, their phones become far less attractive. It's a shame they've done that.

Probably part of the reason they've done this is because they saw the wikis and all these forums messing with the firmware versions.

To Huawei: That's a good thing !!! not a bad thing !! when your devices are not on the forums you know you've failed to get them into the mass market -

Bad huawei ! bad !!

Guest katu2006

They have completely remade the support website and it appears that links are slowly starting to work again, although the downloads are offline.

Yeah, most links are coming back, but none of them are accessible...It asks for Login and even tho I've got one, it actually redirects to home page... :( I think they did this on purpose...Huawei thumbs down for that!!

I can't believe that they still sell phones with B133 and customers are basically unable to upgrade...Everybody knows that old stock roms ar full of bugs...Ridiculous, close to 0 customer support from Huawei....:(

• 3 weeks later...