Which Android Tablet to choose?

Guest smsmasters.co.uk

Guest smsmasters.co.uk

My budget is around £200.

I was looking at the

Hannspree

Advent Vega

AndyPad

Any others I could consider, ideally something than can be flashed/customized with a custom ROM easily.

Thanks!!!

Guest microsnakey

I was looking at the

Hannspree

Advent Vega

AndyPad

Any others I could consider, ideally something than can be flashed/customized with a custom ROM easily.

Thanks!!!

I am facing the same dilemma.

Don't forget about the touchpad

Guest The Soup Thief

Here's another one for the mix, the new Lenovo Ideapad A1 http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/09/lenovo-ideapad-a1/

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/09/01/lenovo-announces-gingerbread-powered-ideapad-a1-starting-at-just-199/

$199, only seven inch but with 2 cameras, capacitive screen, GPS

Seems a winner, unless there's a lot of new budget competition between now and Christmas (btw, there is likely to be a lot of new budget competition between now and Christmas, esp since the TouchPad fiasco)

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be interested in people's thoughts. I am looking for a tablet equivalent of the ZTE Blade/San Francisco phone - decent spec, great value,with a good Mod scene to play with etc.

Just started looking myself so have no knowledge at all, but would like to have an idea in the next month or so!

Guest dirlan2001

I'll be interested in people's thoughts. I am looking for a tablet equivalent of the ZTE Blade/San Francisco phone - decent spec, great value,with a good Mod scene to play with etc.

Just started looking myself so have no knowledge at all, but would like to have an idea in the next month or so!

Huawei Ideos Tablet S7 Slim

:D

Dirk

• 2 weeks later...
Guest androidling

I was looking at the

Hannspree

Advent Vega

AndyPad

Thanks!!!

Here's another one, the new GM2908W by Giayee Technology in Shenzhen.

Android Tablet Feature 8-inch Screen, Android 2.3, and Rockchip rk2918

Covering the mian feature with a 1.2GHz Rockchip 2918, 512M DDR2 RAM and 4GB NAND Flash memory, the Android 2.3, the 2G/3G module Built-in for Call&SMS(optional).Coming with the 3D Vivante GC800 chip, The new GM2907B (model) could reach the full HD (1080p) VP8 video and run games fluently. Also it has 8-inch Capacitance Multi-touch Touch Screen, WiFi, Bluetooth 2.1 and Global Position System.(Skype:giayee or giaye.com website)

Edited by androidling

Guest The Soup Thief

Obvious really kids...

Hang around a little while and get yerself a Kindle Fire (hereafter, the "KFire") when they cross the water - or even get someone in the states to pick you one up when they go on sale

Better yet, wait for the Kfire2 - remember how much better the Kindle 2 was than the original

Hate to sound like an Android Fanboi but it's great to see something arrive with a chance of challenging iDominance of tablettery

Also nice to see how unperturbed Amazon are about the possibility of people modding it and putting on more conventional Android firmware - would be nice to see a dual boot facility as per the Xiaomi MiOne...