Best Rom?

Guest martinmrocks

Guest martinmrocks

Ok, so ive used Corvus5 which is very stable but seems to be aimed towards phones more. Im current running Vegacomb which is brilliant, feels good, looks good, runs good most of the time. Freezes up a little bit, and currently doesnt support USB hosting.

Is anyone kind enough to write down there top, i dont know 3-5 roms and list 3 or 4 pro's and cons for each?? Im basically going on a course in 2 weeks so i need to be able to use the android market to download apps that will let me look at PDF's and Edit word docs etc ( i know which ones i need) and also contact home (facebook, Yahoo messenger) so im looking for a pretty stable rom cause i wont have my PC to install the stock if, god forbid, something bad happens.

I know im probably asking alot, but ive looked around and cant find a difinitive list of such a thing, i think you could potentially help a lot of Vega Noobs such as myself. Im fairly familiar now with CWM and modded stock etc just help my choose a good Rom :D

Guest simonta

Ok, so ive used Corvus5 which is very stable but seems to be aimed towards phones more. Im current running Vegacomb which is brilliant, feels good, looks good, runs good most of the time. Freezes up a little bit, and currently doesnt support USB hosting.

Is anyone kind enough to write down there top, i dont know 3-5 roms and list 3 or 4 pro's and cons for each?? Im basically going on a course in 2 weeks so i need to be able to use the android market to download apps that will let me look at PDF's and Edit word docs etc ( i know which ones i need) and also contact home (facebook, Yahoo messenger) so im looking for a pretty stable rom cause i wont have my PC to install the stock if, god forbid, something bad happens.

I know im probably asking alot, but ive looked around and cant find a difinitive list of such a thing, i think you could potentially help a lot of Vega Noobs such as myself. Im fairly familiar now with CWM and modded stock etc just help my choose a good Rom :D

There are only 5 ROMs in general use.

1. Stock - useless

2. MCR - long dead and buried

3. Cyanogen CM7

4. Corvus

5. Vegacomb

As to which one is best, an impossible question, entirely subjective and you've more or less answered it yourself. Corvus5 for me is the best blend of performance, stability and compatibility.

Guest premieral

you seem to have answered your own question in the main as you have used two of the top three runners so you may as well give cm7 a whirl then you can make up your own mind, which i always find to be the best way forward, one mans meat etc...

I used cm7 as my weapon of choice until switching to the latest vegacomb build with camera and bluetooth which so far has given me no issues at all but then i dont need the usb support.

i found cm7 to be the most tablet oriented rom that was stable and had everything i needed.

just have a play it doesnt take long to restore from a bad choice

regards

alan