Streaming issues with ES & Gmote

Guest tony barnes

Guest tony barnes

I use either ES or Gmote to stream stuff to my Vega so I can watch stuff on my PC in other rooms, has always worked pretty damn well, with the occassional sub 1-second glitch. However I went to watch some stuff the other day, and it was awful. Took about a minute to start (normally a few seconds), and would stop to buffer after about 20 seconds.

This is in both ES and Gmote.

The Vega will stream stuff from the net on Wifi happily.

I went into the resource monitors in Win 7 and could see that when trying to stream, it was giving a 500kbps-1200kbps upstream to the Vega, however, the disk activity was always pretty much 0kbps - it would occasionally bounce up to 1-200kbps. This confused the crap out of me - what is it transmitting if it is not pulling anything from disk? Can someone else check what theirs does when streaming? It felt like it was trying to tell the Vega what to do, but not actually bothering loading up the data?!? Weird...

The only change I can think of that could have caused this is that my copy of win 7 isn't brilliantly legitimate, and I ran that WAT thing the other week to get rid of the annoying "buy a legitimate copy" pop-ups that I kept getting - though I'm reasonably sure that it worked after that, can't recall. Is there any way that this could be interfering with things? If so will just go buy a proper copy!

There were also a bunch of updates the other day on my vega, ES being one of them, but not sure on gmote - again, could this be the issue - wouldnt' have thought they would break things?!

Baffled and annoyed, lol!

Edited by tony barnes

Guest simonta

I use either ES or Gmote to stream stuff to my Vega so I can watch stuff on my PC in other rooms, has always worked pretty damn well, with the occassional sub 1-second glitch. However I went to watch some stuff the other day, and it was awful. Took about a minute to start (normally a few seconds), and would stop to buffer after about 20 seconds.

This is in both ES and Gmote.

The Vega will stream stuff from the net on Wifi happily.

I went into the resource monitors in Win 7 and could see that when trying to stream, it was giving a 500kbps-1200kbps upstream to the Vega, however, the disk activity was always pretty much 0kbps - it would occasionally bounce up to 1-200kbps. This confused the crap out of me - what is it transmitting if it is not pulling anything from disk? Can someone else check what theirs does when streaming? It felt like it was trying to tell the Vega what to do, but not actually bothering loading up the data?!? Weird...

The only change I can think of that could have caused this is that my copy of win 7 isn't brilliantly legitimate, and I ran that WAT thing the other week to get rid of the annoying "buy a legitimate copy" pop-ups that I kept getting - though I'm reasonably sure that it worked after that, can't recall. Is there any way that this could be interfering with things? If so will just go buy a proper copy!

There were also a bunch of updates the other day on my vega, ES being one of them, but not sure on gmote - again, could this be the issue - wouldnt' have thought they would break things?!

Baffled and annoyed, lol!

You moan about a software problem then freely admit you steal it. Bizarre! Windows Update has almost certainly caused it, it's only a pity it hasn't completely crippled your PC. Pay for what you use then see if it works. If it doesn't, then you have a legitimate problem.

Guest Monleyfish

You moan about a software problem then freely admit you steal it. Bizarre! Windows Update has almost certainly caused it, it's only a pity it hasn't completely crippled your PC. Pay for what you use then see if it works. If it doesn't, then you have a legitimate problem.

Here here

Guest tony barnes

lmfao - do either of you use any of the custom ROMs that are on here/elsewhere for your Vega? If so, there's a damn fine chance you're breaking copyright too - so thanks for the high horse stance, but you're likely a hypocrite at one level or another! Oh, and I suppose you don't have a single .mp3 or .avi that you haven't paid for... :lol:

Does anyone know if this is a KNOWN issue - like I said, perfectly happy to go buy a license if that will fix it.

Guest trevor432990

Tony it would help if you explained what ROM version/release number you are on? I'm not aware of any streaming issues yet on Vegacomb 3.2 but maybe it is a wi-fi problem. Have you modified or added anything on your network recently? <_<

Guest tony barnes

Good point - it was on the modaco r8 (9?? Brain fart..!) - however managed to get sorted at the weekend. Did a hard reset of the router, and forgot and reconnected to the wireless, and that seemed to do it. Still confused as to what happened, but seems to be working now.

Thanks