Racer ROMs in *.img format

Guest S3lmis

Guest Racerboy

just a question :) why would you want to when you can install a recovery like CWM through adb if your phone is not fuctioning properly and use CWM to install ROM...

Guest equiliym

Where can I get ZTE Racers' ROMs in *.img format? I want to flash a ROM over fastboot, but as I know *.zip ROMs cant be flashed in fastboot.

only way to get a system.img is downloading someones backup files afaik since all roms come as flashable zip files

just a question :) why would you want to when you can install a recovery like CWM through adb if your phone is not fuctioning properly and use CWM to install ROM...

I have CWM installed, but i cant access it, because my phone stucks before getting into recovery.

only way to get a system.img is downloading someones backup files afaik since all roms come as flashable zip files

I have system.img file now, but when i try to flash, this is what i get:

C:\Documents and Settings\Laima\Desktop\HR>fastboot update system.img

EOCD not found, not Zip

error: failed to access zipdata in '

system.img file is in the same folder as fastboot.exe

EDIT: I understood, that im using wrong command. i should use fastboot flash system system.img

Edited by S3lmis

Guest Racerboy

if your phone is still works and boots to desktop then you can install "recovery manager" HERE which works with 2.3 roms now and then install the ZTE Link recovery image (link below) file through it....

i found this recovery image http://android.modac...y-for-zte-link/ (1st post) i dont know if it works but its more compatible with your ZTE Link, you`ll have to fastboot it or use recovery manager if phone boots to desktop...... i think you will only be able to use 1.6 stock rom due to the slight difference between racer/link but having a phone that works is better than having a phone that doesnt......

Edited by Racerboy