Bye Bye Vega

Guest phil8715

Guest phil8715

Ok as some people will know I was having a battery problem with my Vega. The Battery was draining while switched off. I've tried all manner of things such as wiping battery stats a few times, different roms but to no avail. The Vega went in for repair because the speaker overheated, I got a brand new PCB and speaker installed. I also told them them about the battery drainage but wasn't pick up upon.

I also had hassle with people at PC World not believing me about the speaker. The Vega came back all repaired.

I decided to email the Head office at Sheffield as I just didn't want the hassle of having to take it back and attempt to get it repaired.

One of the KnowHow team contacted me and said I could have a refund. He told me to return it to the store where they will either give me an exchange or a refund I wanted a either a 1st Gen iPad or a Packard Bell Liberty Tablet neither of those they had in, so I plumped for a refund.

I have now ordered a Samsung Galaxy Tab p1010 7" wifi. For an extra £50.

On the whole the Vega was a good tablet and the support on here is nothing short of brilliant.

I will stick around this forum.

All the best

Phil

Ok as some people will know I was having a battery problem with my Vega. The Battery was draining while switched off. I've tried all manner of things such as wiping battery stats a few times, different roms but to no avail. The Vega went in for repair because the speaker overheated, I got a brand new PCB and speaker installed. I also told them them about the battery drainage but wasn't pick up upon.

I also had hassle with people at PC World not believing me about the speaker. The Vega came back all repaired.

I decided to email the Head office at Sheffield as I just didn't want the hassle of having to take it back and attempt to get it repaired.

One of the KnowHow team contacted me and said I could have a refund. He told me to return it to the store where they will either give me an exchange or a refund I wanted a either a 1st Gen iPad or a Packard Bell Liberty Tablet neither of those they had in, so I plumped for a refund.

I have now ordered a Samsung Galaxy Tab p1010 7" wifi. For an extra £50.

On the whole the Vega was a good tablet and the support on here is nothing short of brilliant.

I will stick around this forum.

All the best

Phil

real shame that ur departing with ur vega mate :/

so the samsung is that 7 inch one right?

the one wit android 2.2?

Guest trevor432990

real shame that ur departing with ur vega mate :/

so the samsung is that 7 inch one right?

the one wit android 2.2?

Sorry to hear about your hardware problems Phil and I hope the battery issue doesn't emerge as the achilles heel of the Vega. Anyway time will tell but thanks for all your contributions to this forum in the past and hopefully in the future and good luck with your new Galaxy. ;)

Guest dibbles

Good luck with the Galaxy Phil and it is sad that you had to return the Vega. With my failing eyes I couldn't have a screen any less than the 10" one that I'm used to with the Vega.

I have been looking at the new Archos tablets, which are due out in September...

http://www.archos.com/products/gen9/archos_101g9/index.html?country=us&lang=en

...their specification and, hopefully, good pricing might well tempt me.

Guest phil8715

I will keep coming back and looking in on the forum like everyday.

The Vega was a great piece of kit, my Mrs still has hers and i will keep the files for her use if her pc plays up.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab is the 2.2 version 7" version.

If PC World had a bit more sympathetic I might have kept the Vega.

Edited by phil8715

Guest ursulavasey

I'm Phil's Mrs, and I still have my Vega. I don't plan to part with mine anytime soon. I like the features, including the screen size, and the ability to mod and change it on a whim (thanks in no small part to this forum and the brilliant support that the excellent and helpful people here provide). Yes, it has its quirks, and it can play up sometimes, but that is the nature of technology, whatever price bracket you spend your money in. No doubt I will give Phil's SG Tab a test run to see what I think about it, but my Vega is definitely staying put.

Guest ursulavasey

Then give him a slap for being a silly bugger and selling his Vega, then again he might just like that :D

He is a silly bugger, and you're right about him liking a slap! It's his 43rd birthday on the 24th of this month, so maybe he's going through a mid-life crisis, dibbles!

Guest phil8715

Then give him a slap for being a silly bugger and selling his Vega, then again he might just like that :D

She doesn't need to be asked twice to give me a slap.

She beats me often and regular. Ie every day and she's very handy with her fists too lol.

Edited by phil8715

Guest dibbles

Mid life crisis, meh I laugh at such a wimp. After my hot flushes at night stopped I was like a new man :D

Phil - For a minute there I thought that you had met my wife.!