Mediafire.com

Guest chunkylover2321

Guest chunkylover2321

Ok I'm putting this topic here because a lot of developers in the X10 use mediafire.com and to keep roms pumping out for it I thought it would be great to mention this here.

As a UK citizen I'm with Sky Broadband and after some research it seems like they're blocking Mediafire. I can ping mediafire and get a reply but when I type the address in I get error 404. I thought the site was down but its not. Now I know I'm probably not the only british user on this site with sky so I thought it best to post this here so people can continue to still download roms.

Just right click on any link directed to mediafire, for instance TripNRavers roms or Wolfbreaks Rom. Choose copy shortcut and go onto www.kproxy.com and right click paste into the proxy url bar and press enter. Bingo you're back on mediafire downloading the fantastic roms the developers create!

Guest BigD18t

Very strange of sky to do, im with talk talk an have no problems with any site for downloading.

Good piece of info tho, could be helpfull to other countries/ service providers to.

Guest chunkylover2321

Very strange of sky to do, im with talk talk an have no problems with any site for downloading.

Good piece of info tho, could be helpfull to other countries/ service providers to.

I thought so too, I was thinking it was the site but I was able to ping it, no one else was reporting any trouble with it and I thought it was just me. After some research it turns out that sky is renowned for this but they won't admit it, they say it's the site. Though when I used the proxy site mediafire came up straight away.