Advent Vega Touch Screen Not working

Guest ViRUZ89

Guest ViRUZ89

I did come across many issue with the screen but nothing quite like this.

So I ran R8 very smoothly for a few days and this after the touch screen just stopped responding, it started responding after I locked the screen but eventually that stopped working too. Then Restarting (Rebooting) was the fix for about 30mins and that went too. I went back to stockmod, and installed Vegacomb 3.2 Build 8.1 (which can I say is AMAZING) worked fine and after about 1 hour problem returned. I've got the vega 3 days. I am a newbie I easily understand most of the stuff you guys say but would be appreciated if you could dumb it down for me.

Thanks

Guest dibbles

I had typed a long and lengthy reply but alas it disappeared into the ether :(

So instead I will link you to here...

...I have had a couple of situations where my screen has got to the point of being unusable. Whilst it can be indicative of a fault it is often a casualty of flashing your ROM etc. Using the screen calibration tool has always worked for me. Ensure that you do not have it plugged into the mains when using AND do not touch the screen.

Guest ViRUZ89

Thank you, everyone here is like Yoda and someone is bound to help.

@Ian Turner: I would have replaced it but most people have experienced this problemo with custom roms, Vegacomb recalbrates on boot so me touching the screen while Vega was booting caused the problem like 50% of the time.

@Dibbles: Thanks the link was useful and my problemo is no solved.