Vegacomb - What am i doing wrong? :(

Guest neiluk

post-920214-0-11029000-1315244905_thumb.

I just can't get vegacomb to run :(

I've tried two routes.....

1. installing the standard rom from myadventvega, installing the modded rom, then using the recovery startup app, I cleared the cache etc then installed the rom zip from the sdcard. The installation appears to go smoothly, the system reboots, i then get the bee logo, followed by a constant 'force close' message - no further!

2. as above but with R8 installed..... I then used the rom manager with the latest CWM to wipe everything and install the zip from the sdcard. Then the same happens with the 'force close message'

Any ideas guys?? I'm totally stumped! I managed to install vegacomb on my friends vega the first time without any hassles. I've even tried two different sdcards

Cheers

Neil

Edited by neiluk

Guest phil8715

1. installing the standard rom from myadventvega, installing the modded rom, then using the recovery startup app, I cleared the cache etc then installed the rom zip from the sdcard. The installation appears to go smoothly, the system reboots, i then get the bee logo, followed by a constant 'force close' message - no further!

2. as above but with R8 installed..... I then used the rom manager with the latest CWM to wipe everything and install the zip from the sdcard. Then the same happens with the 'force close message'

Any ideas guys?? I'm totally stumped! I managed to install vegacomb on my friends vega the first time without any hassles. I've even tried two different sdcards

Cheers

Neil

To get Vegacomb to work correctly you need to flash to modded stock rom v.1.02, then reboot into recovery and install from ClockworkMod, wiping user, cache and dalvik cache. Go back one screen and choose install from sd.

There's no need to use Rom Manager.

Guest Solidare

Cheers

Neil

It's possible you've got a corrupt vegacomb zip file or moddedstock. Download them again and try the first method again. You have to be running the moddedstockrom for vegacomb to work.

Good luck

Guest phil8715

Hi guys.. thanks for the responses....

I'll try again

This is where i am starting at - (see image)

I'll try and download a new honeycomb rom now.

Cheers

Neil

It's possible that it's a corrupt download. But if you're using Rom Manager that could also be the problem.

Tried... and failed again :(

I used the recovery app.... cleaned user data, cache, dalvik, installed the honeycomb zip from the sdcard... powered down.... switched on... and the same result!

I'm using build 8.1.

My vega just will not run it :(

Edited by neiluk

Guest jevdroid

Try what happens if you do a factory reset after installation - that did help with similar problems I got.

Ypu can test the downloaded zipfile by the way using winzip or similar tools.

The "official" way is to install modded stock V2 first and than from the CWM recovery that is part of that, install vegacomb.

Just a thought, how many MB is the zip you got? it should be 96.14 MB. You definitly got the full installer and not just the updater?

Hi Solidare,

Yep, windows 7 says "96.1mb"

thanks, i'll try those two suggestions next...

1. try a factory reset after the instalation

2. try using 8 first then update

fingers crossed lol!

I really appreciate all this help! cheers!

Guest warriorscot

Doesn't really matter what you start from. You install modded stock v2 the same way you would standard stock(recovery mode then run the .exe from your PC) and then enter CWM and install vegacomb. Corrupt downloads can be a problem and if modded stock v2 doesn't work v1 is worth a try. If you don't have the modded stock installed properly first it won't work as honeycomb won't run on the standard memory layout it needs more space for the OS than 2.2 does.

AT LAST!!!! lol!

It's worked!! I'm not sure what the problem was as I changed a few things... I started from corvus5sp1, changed my kingston sd card for a sandisk one, and then installed vegacomb from that packaged file.

I'm really pleased - thanks everyone! My gf is also very grateful now that all the swearing has stopped! :P

Thanks again

Neil