Getting round Markets "This app is incompatible message"

Guest princeotter

Guest princeotter

I am on Vegacomb 3.2 r8.1. I am finding that a lot of apps that I think should be OK for my tablet (eg Tablet Keyboard Free) are showing on the Market, especially various Honeycomb apps on Tablet Market, with the message "This app is incompatible with your Nvidia Vegacomb" and yet I know others with a Vega are able to download them. Is there something in, say, the Build.prop file that needs to altered so that my Vega appears acceptable to these apps or is there another way around this so that I can at least get the APK? If then when I have the APK the app doesn't install or FCs then fine but at least I can get to try

EDIT : Solved it - I had changed DPI to 150 (getting old - eyesights going lol). Changing it back to 120DPI sorted it by reinstating backup build.prop (although for some reason I now can't open build.prop to edit using ES File Explorer

Edited by princeotter

Guest trevor432990

You normally get the 'incompatible' message for a reason but if you still want to go ahead and try then you should be able to download it from the developers own website which is linked to within the Market advert. If for some reason the developer does not have a download then just Google the app name and there normally is another mirror site somewhere with the apk.

Guest princeotter

You normally get the 'incompatible' message for a reason but if you still want to go ahead and try then you should be able to download it from the developers own website which is linked to within the Market advert. If for some reason the developer does not have a download then just Google the app name and there normally is another mirror site somewhere with the apk.

Trev Appreciate the reply but doesn't take me anywhere. I have been around Vega long enough to have tried the obvious. What's odd is that I can get Tablet apps on the wife's Modaco R8 that I can't get on Vegacomb even though they are supposedly Honeycomb apps (which by the way run fine when I port them across to mine) It must be the "definition" that my Vega is putting out to the Market and quite frankly is getting frustrating. I would like the Market to think it was a Xoom or similar as then they would probably download. That's why I was wondering if I could edit Build.prop or similar to "fool" the market but not brave enough to try out the theory without someones confirmation. Other than that I am really liking Vegacomb 3.2 despite the other small niggles.