Which ROM's dev's modifies kernel source ?

Guest brickornot

Guest brickornot

CM has rom based on source code with adjusted, modified kernel.

GingerStirFry - NOT

BlueGinger -NOT

who, except CM, which rom name MODIFIES source code of kernel, which team/person is used to do that to have it better ?

Swedish spring ? jellyfish ? i do not know....

Guest Nick Rhodes

GingerStirFry - NOT

BlueGinger -NOT

who, except CM, which rom name MODIFIES source code of kernel, which team/person is used to do that to have it better ?

SS - Definitely has some kernel changes (from the Froyo source), not sure to what extent, there is a link on the first page of the SS thread to the github.

GSF now uses Burstlams kernel (also on github), which has some changes (again not sure to what extent) from the skate source.

Cheers, Nick

Edited by Nick Rhodes

• 2 weeks later...
Guest unrandomsam

GingerStirFry - NOT

BlueGinger -NOT

Swedish Spring uses a very lightly patched version of the original zte source release.

(Using the newer 2.6.32 release reenabling the OLED stuff and applying the overclock patch and rebasing the rom on a 2.2.2 would be worth doing for someone who actually still uses 2.2 (KK's github has his kernel source on) it wouldn't be too difficult.)

Swedish Spring uses a very lightly patched version of the original zte source release.

(Using the newer 2.6.32 release reenabling the OLED stuff and applying the overclock patch and rebasing the rom on a 2.2.2 would be worth doing for someone who actually still uses 2.2 (KK's github has his kernel source on) it wouldn't be too difficult.)

I actually did something like this with my Triple Two Project in mind but I used Tom G's source instead. It's been like a month now and I still haven't found time to test it properly. It's very difficult to find motivation to use froyo these days. ;)

There was some serious sensor issues with all sensors failing with the new kernel too. Changing akmd2 fixed most of that but proximity/ambient light is still a bit iffy.

I also briefly tested 2.2.2 from polish operator PLAY over the weekend. It was network unlocked and quite clean (easy to debrand). I know there isn't much demand/interest for froyo ROMs anymore but it would be great to have a brand new ROM for a change. :)

Edited by KonstaT