Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest philmein

post 26 sems to work im overclocked to 806mhzrolleyes.gif

just tried 844mhz that seems to work too 844 is the highest setting displayed

Edited by philmein

Guest kallt_kaffe

post 26 sems to work im overclocked to 806mhzrolleyes.gif

just tried 844mhz that seems to work too 844 is the hihest setting displayed

I'll add more frequencies, stay tuned. Meanwhile. Try some linkpack or quadrant benchmarks at 787 and 844 and compare the results.

Guest philmein

I'll add more frequencies, stay tuned. Meanwhile. Try some linkpack or quadrant benchmarks at 787 and 844 and compare the results.

you must have read my mind just doing antutu benchmark

antutu before overclock score 1520

antutu 844mhz score 1583

i take it i can just flash the new kernel over the old one?

Edited by philmein

Guest philmein

installed post 27 non overclocked in error it worked be no new kernel i have tried has gone past 787mhz now

doing a nandroid restore and trying again

Edited by philmein

Guest kallt_kaffe
Latest overclock boots, but doesn't give any frequencies over 787MHz
Sorry, was in a hurry and forgot that I had previously disabled the overclocking when compiling the kernel in post 27. I'll post a new version tomorrow.

Guest kallt_kaffe

5 downloads but no reports. Anyone tried the latest kernel yet? Next step, if it still boots, will be another version that also boost the AHB bus clock a bit (33% increase).

Guest sej7278

Hi,

Stuck on a train so have bad network.

Anyway, 979MHz is stable, giving a Quadrant score of around 1180.

Adam

lol, just goes to show how useless quadrant is - my blade @ 710mhz gets 1200 or more.

Guest kallt_kaffe

lol, just goes to show how useless quadrant is - my blade @ 710mhz gets 1200 or more.

Quadrant fails some video encoding tests on the Blade which gives it higher values than it should have. Not sure if this is the case on the Skate or not.

We should use something else to compare the Skate and the Blade. Linpack, Neocore and Nenamark scores should be OK for comparison.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Let me know if anyone has a phone that is stable at the currently max allowed frequency (1036.8MHz) and if so I will add some more.

The theorectical maximum is 19200kHz*63=1209.6MHz but I seriously doubt we will get there.

Guest dadashi

Works :) 1256...

:blink:... you tried it at 1Ghz speed..!?...that must be like running on Sterdroids....:lol:

...if so that must make a huge difference in performance...how does that compare to lets say an HTC-HD2 running android, or the 4.3" Huwai or maybe the GalaxyS2...?

I can't wait to try the OC Kernel myself...

Edited by dadashi

Guest kallt_kaffe

This was @ 979MHz, the highest stable freq available to me

Do you mean that there was no more frequencies in the list? Or did it freeze or become unstable if you went higher?

Guest kallt_kaffe

Just froze if I went to higher frequencies - there were 3 more above it to pick from... :)

Ok, thanks. Just wanted to make sure.

Well 979200 - 787200 = 192000 = 192MHz (24.4%) overclock + a 33% MHz boost on the AHB bus. Not bad actually. Should make a noticable difference.

There's also a chance that the GPU clock is tied to PLL2 (it is on the ZTE Blade) and in that case the GPU should also be overclocked with 24.4% (it is possible to make experiments to confirm if this is true but it's a bit complicated so I'll leave that for now)

I've pushed the source so I'd expect you'll see overclockable kernels popping up in your custom roms soon.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Here's a bonus kernel with CIFS, EXT4 and BFQ added. (NoFrills CPU Control allows you to switch I/O scheduler)

Also added tun.ko for OpenVPN users (or ROM builders).

EDIT: Removed non-working file. tun.ko might still be useful for someone.

tun.zip