Rooting Vega and installing vegacomg using visionary?

Guest Slinkton

Guest Slinkton

Apologies if this is a stupid question, I recently bought a Vega and i'm just looking for the easiest way to root and install honeycomb and can't find much information relating to using Visionary.

Now my question is can I install Honeycomb with the following steps.

- install visionary

- Perm root Vega

- Install Rom manager

- Use rom manager to install clockwork mod

- Use clockwork mod to flash vegacomb.

All the guides I found seem to involve connecting it to a PC, just wondering if the above would work?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi - no stupid questions but a search will probably give you the answers.

The Vega is already rooted so there is no need to try and root further.

As a pre-cursor to VegaComb, you must install the modified stock ROM 1.10V2 and this can only be done using a PC / Mac and recovery mode. When that is installed, you can boot into CWM (part of the build) and copy VegaComb.ZIP to your SDCard and flash from there.

HTH

Guest Slinkton

Hi - no stupid questions but a search will probably give you the answers.

The Vega is already rooted so there is no need to try and root further.

As a pre-cursor to VegaComb, you must install the modified stock ROM 1.10V2 and this can only be done using a PC / Mac and recovery mode. When that is installed, you can boot into CWM (part of the build) and copy VegaComb.ZIP to your SDCard and flash from there.

HTH

Thanks for the help. Guess I will stick to the guides then. Tried plenty of searches but wasn't able to get a specific answer, i suspected my method wouldn't work but glad to hear it from somebody in the know.

Suprised I hadn't read that the Vega was rooted as standard, quite suprised at that, I didn't realise that any devices were.