Any general consensus on what ROM?

Guest mark2410

Guest mark2410

ive just ordered one (currys ebay sale) and since ive never really looked at the variety of whats available for the Vega. i gather vegacomb is the way to go? any one care to comment on how it compares to CM7.

are there any other roms i should go read up on, thanks for any suggestions you can make.

i did look in the forums for such info but i didnt see anything, i could just be being blind as if so id id appreceate a pointer in its direction.

Guest warriorscot

CM7 basically represents the best configuration android 2.3 gets for a tablet, there are advantages in that it has better compatibility and the ability to use the addition features native to CM7 is great. Honeycomb has all the bells and whistles of android 3.0 and some great changes and new features but does lack some things cm7 has.

When you stack them up they generally come out fairly equal in most respects IMO what one lacks the other makes up for in other ways. I would love an android 3.2 cyanogen but I don't think that will happen. Android 4.0 is probably the next release that is going to get a lot of heavy modding done to it.

Guest mark2410

thanks for the commentary. i take it they are the big two option so i guss ill give them both a bash and see what works best for me, not sure i love the look of 3.2 but that could just be because im used to 2.3.

nothing else i should be looking out for?

There are alternative ROM's besides VegaComb & CM7

Corvus5 (VegaComb developers) is an excellent ROM that has been developed / supported by this forum and as a result, is very stable and contains pretty much everything you need from a ROM.

VC is very good but is still 'beta' and there are many known problems being addressed (or that can't be) - full list on TabletROMs.com here.

Personally, I use VC but have had to live without a couple of features (Samba filesharing, USB Host support) but I still have Corvus5 as CWM backup on SDCard so I can recovery to it if I need to.

Guest dibbles

There is also the "Fuji" ROM...

...this one seems to get forgotten about but, in the time that I used it, found it to be very good at what it does. The launcher needs to be updated, or changed as preferred, but apaprt from that it is a solid all round Froyo ROM for the Vega :)

IIRC someone even flashed the SP 1 for Corvus over their Fuji install and it worked fine.