Andypad Pro ROM (30-Aug-2011)

Guest lilHermit

Guest lilHermit

See below links to the Andypad Pro ROM (Pre-release has a few bugs to iron out) dated 30-August-2011

I thought I'd post it to give the community a head start in dev'ing ROMs.

Downloads

RAW Image file [Download]

Extracted [Download] (with separated elements, kernel, system etc)

Windows Tools [Download]

System partition [Download]

No warranties and its not my work etc etc

Enjoy

~

Edited by lilHermit

Guest AndyPad

Erm.... where did you get that??

We haven't released ANY ROMs yet.....

We'll release the final ROM, or allow you guys to get at it, at least.

But that'll be in a couple of weeks.

I don't know what the above is....

Edited by AndyPad

Guest lilHermit

Erm.... where did you get that??

We haven't released ANY ROMs yet.....

We'll release the final ROM, or allow you guys to get at it, at least.

But that'll be in a couple of weeks.

I don't know what the above is....

I did get permission first :rolleyes:

Do you want it removing? :mellow:

Edited by lilHermit

Guest AndyPad

I did get permission first :rolleyes:

Do you want it removing? :mellow:

Hey.

No it's fine. You can leave it up.

I've made some calls and sent some mails and I know who you are and how you got this ROM. It's fine to continue to post it.

No worries. ;)

For all - this ROM is our penultimate ROM for the Andy Pad Pro. There's been one since then with a few minor fixes, but I'm sure all devs will be able to find these and fix them.

You're all welcome to download this and work on it. Thanks!

Guest DanWilson

Erm, I can't open the images? What am I missing?

I used the two tools the Android Kitchen had to offer, and one said something about a superblock?

I can't believe this has stopped me. Damn weird filesystems or something. XD

Guest Simon O

Erm, I can't open the images? What am I missing?

I used the two tools the Android Kitchen had to offer, and one said something about a superblock?

I can't believe this has stopped me. Damn weird filesystems or something. XD

Yep. Good luck.

Guest DanWilson

Yep. Good luck.

Damn you flib. Have you got it to open? Any assistance?

Nevarmind. Looks like I got it.

Nope. Still fail.

Edited by DanWilson

Guest DanWilson

Nah I can't open it on OSX yet. It's in CramFS format. Try this http://www.androidta...hip-rk28xx.html

CramFS? Never heard of it.

I found a tool which supposedly extracted the images for the Teclast T790 (I think thats the number) variants. Didn't happen... :(

(Tool - here)

EDIT - dude, that link doesn't say anything about Windows other than extracting the update.img...

Edited by DanWilson

Guest lilHermit

Hey.

No it's fine. You can leave it up.

I've made some calls and sent some mails and I know who you are and how you got this ROM. It's fine to continue to post it.

No worries. ;)

Sorry to worry you like that! I wouldn't screw you guys over like that and post with prior permission :rolleyes:

I do have a Andypad standard (not Pro) image but its quite old and don't think it does the device justice.

Guest lilHermit

CramFS? Never heard of it.

I found a tool which supposedly extracted the images for the Teclast T790 (I think thats the number) variants. Didn't happen... :(

(Tool - here)

EDIT - dude, that link doesn't say anything about Windows other than extracting the update.img...

If you have the extracted version then you need to use the AFPTool to extract the update.img, then system.img is cramfs. You can mount cramfs in linux assuming you have cramfs in your kernel.

If you want i can post a zipped version of system.img.

I've updated post #1 with the Windows Tools. The file of interest is "rk29xx_rom_tools.lua" that's how I reversed this.

Edited by lilHermit

Guest DanWilson

If you have the extracted version then you need to use the AFPTool to extract the update.img, then system.img is cramfs. You can mount cramfs in linux assuming you have cramfs in your kernel.

If you want i can post a zipped version of system.img.

I've updated post #1 with the Windows Tools. The file of interest is "rk29xx_rom_tools.lua" that's how I reversed this.

Yeah I think a zipped system.img would be best. I can't be bothered to install Ubuntu again just for this. I've got so many damn tools, and the only one which looks decent fails with a gibberish error message.

"ejsmdv,wgposj\v.mwgprjbsguepwjk;brmlfsbi0[wgep;kóoóóáééáÍÓÁÓÍ"

Not that of course. Something like it.

You know you're special when Google reads your topic.

11 User(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. DanWilson,
  2. Google,
  3. lilHermit
Edited by DanWilson

Guest lilHermit

Yeah I think a zipped system.img would be best. I can't be bothered to install Ubuntu again just for this. I've got so many damn tools, and the only one which looks decent fails with a gibberish error message.

Uploading now, give it 10minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to build a rooted ROM using the Cube U9GT tools, now looking for the safest way to flash this. Clockworkmod port would ease things though... will look into that later.

EDIT 1: http://www.mediafire...d6dz15nb7nbndba

Here's the ROM and flash utility (AndyPad PRO only!), based on Wendal's image tool and official RockChip flashing software (which I modified a bit)

I take no responsibility whatsoever, so flash this at your own risk! Keep in mind this is based on the older AndyPad Pro rom released above so there are still bugs in it.

Currently I'm collaborating with Oxygen / Devnull team to port to this device.

EDIT 2:

Managed to extract boot.img and recovery.img, it was a 8-byte header (4 byte checksum + signature), then gzip block, which after decompression ended up as a cpio image. (initrd format basically)

- http://dl.dropbox.co...ad/recovery.tar

- http://dl.dropbox.co...ndyPad/boot.tar

- init.rc: http://pastebin.com/Dyrvc7ww

kernel.img doesn't follow this format though, so what format is kernel.img in?

Edited by Csharpe

Guest ChromeNewt

For the purposes of giving this a try I was going to flash this using ROM Manager. It asks me however for the device name to install clockworkmod recovery. Is there another device I can use from the list as the Andypad pre isn't listed? I'm probably what most would consider a dangerous n00b because I think I'm relatively competent but likely to make daft mistakes. :)

For the purposes of giving this a try I was going to flash this using ROM Manager. It asks me however for the device name to install clockworkmod recovery. Is there another device I can use from the list as the Andypad pre isn't listed? I'm probably what most would consider a dangerous n00b because I think I'm relatively competent but likely to make daft mistakes. :)

There is no version of CWM yet available for this SoC, so you'll have to flash this manually. Althou, I found that, to flash the rooted rom, you can put it on your SD-card (FAT) and name it 'update.img', it will ask you to install once you unmount the storage again.

I currently dumped the official rom's partitions from mtd5, and noticed that the filesize is a little smaller. Creating a vendor for AOSP now & see where I get :)

Guest lilHermit

So to get root, all I have to do is put your rooted rom on my sd card, rename it update.img unmount and that's it????

Technically to get "root" you simply type "adb shell" from a command prompt/terminal. However to get root in application space you need to flash a modified version of the /system partition with su/Superuser.apk inserted.

~