[Q][REQ] Theme Chooser

Guest rockstarszzzz

Guest rockstarszzzz

Hi!

I fairly know the answer is - No! (based on google search)

But I couldn't find a way around this.

The theme chooser in CM7, also called tmobile theme chooser - is it available as .apk that will work on other gingerbread ROMs?

I tried to use .apk from CM7 nightly to GSF B22, but installation keeps failing.

What will make a ROM compatible to theme chooser? and do we know of any other gingerbread ROMs that can benefit from theme chooser and eventually the themes floating around in market?

Guest Chris Banks

Hi!

I fairly know the answer is - No! (based on google search)

But I couldn't find a way around this.

The theme chooser in CM7, also called tmobile theme chooser - is it available as .apk that will work on other gingerbread ROMs?

I tried to use .apk from CM7 nightly to GSF B22, but installation keeps failing.

What will make a ROM compatible to theme chooser? and do we know of any other gingerbread ROMs that can benefit from theme chooser and eventually the themes floating around in market?

Theme chooser is heavily built into the framework, so just installing the .apk wont get you anywhere I'm afraid.

Best option is to use Cm7 ;)

If you really wanted a specific theme, it is possible to port one of the theme .apk's to a flash-able .zip for your ROM

Guest rockstarszzzz

Theme chooser is heavily built into the framework, so just installing the .apk wont get you anywhere I'm afraid.

Best option is to use Cm7 ;)

If you really wanted a specific theme, it is possible to port one of the theme .apk's to a flash-able .zip for your ROM

Can you please guide me to any thread or post on how to port the theme .apk to flashable .zip? Any apps on the market?

Guest Chris Banks

Can you please guide me to any thread or post on how to port the theme .apk to flashable .zip? Any apps on the market?

I personally don't know of any guide, but there could be one somewhere.

But if you where to de-compile a themes .apk you will find all the images/icons in the res folder.

Decompile your ROM's framework/systemUI apks, and then starts the (tedious) job of replacing the icons icons in your ROM's framework/systemUI with icons from the theme.

When done, compile, sign, and put into a flash-able zip. (Use one from UOT kitchen and put in your new framework and systemUI is easiest way)

Saying that, If you were just doing direct image for image swaps you can get away with just using winRAR, but I tend to get less mixed up if decompile/compile.

You should always get the original authors permission if you where to share a modified theme though.

EDIT: My poor spelling

Edited by Chris Banks