helpp... screen not responding during installation

Guest atok_uk

Guest atok_uk

tried to install vegacomb 3.2 built 8.1 last night. after run the moddedstock, switch on the vega. selected the language, went thru the agreement page, but couldn't select the 'Agree' button. looks like dead screen at that bottom edge. can't pass beyond this point...arghhhh. please help. many thanks.

tried to install vegacomb 3.2 built 8.1 last night. after run the moddedstock, switch on the vega. selected the language, went thru the agreement page, but couldn't select the 'Agree' button. looks like dead screen at that bottom edge. can't pass beyond this point...arghhhh. please help. many thanks.

AFAIR the agreement screen orients to the tablet. Have you tried turning it upside down, so the agreement button is on the other side of the physical screen?

If that doesn't work try charging your Vega up and reinstalling moddedstock.

Guest atok_uk

AFAIR the agreement screen orients to the tablet. Have you tried turning it upside down, so the agreement button is on the other side of the physical screen?

If that doesn't work try charging your Vega up and reinstalling moddedstock.

thanks for your reply. i've tried that and unfortunately, the screen doesn't turn at all. in fact, the only 'active' strip on the screen is about an inch from the left (on landscape), the rest is 'dead'. i've reinstalled moddedstock a couple of times but still having the same 'dead screen' problem :(

thanks for your reply. i've tried that and unfortunately, the screen doesn't turn at all. in fact, the only 'active' strip on the screen is about an inch from the left (on landscape), the rest is 'dead'. i've reinstalled moddedstock a couple of times but still having the same 'dead screen' problem :(

I assume that your Vega was working OK before you installed the modded stock ROM. So, either your Vega broke while you were installing the ROM, or the modded stock ROM has installed properly. I think you need to make sure your Vega is OK by installing the Software update image from myadventvega. You need to make sure your Vega battery is charged, and have the power supply plugged in when you do it, but if you still have the same fault, you can take it back to PC world.

Guest atok_uk

I assume that your Vega was working OK before you installed the modded stock ROM. So, either your Vega broke while you were installing the ROM, or the modded stock ROM has installed properly. I think you need to make sure your Vega is OK by installing the Software update image from myadventvega. You need to make sure your Vega battery is charged, and have the power supply plugged in when you do it, but if you still have the same fault, you can take it back to PC world.

thanks. yes, it was fine before (albeit intermitten screen responsiveness). i've tried the vega software update too and still having the same problem (i.e. only about 1.5 inch of working screen, about an inch away from the left edge)... and still can't get pass the agreement page coz the 'agree' button is right at the middle of the page :(

gonna give it a day rest and try to flash it again.

thanks. yes, it was fine before (albeit intermitten screen responsiveness). i've tried the vega software update too and still having the same problem (i.e. only about 1.5 inch of working screen, about an inch away from the left edge)... and still can't get pass the agreement page coz the 'agree' button is right at the middle of the page :(

gonna give it a day rest and try to flash it again.

i just replied to a similar problem. flash a rom that has usb host mode.then plug a usb moise in and use that to get you to the screen calibration app that should solve your problem.

Guest atok_uk

i just replied to a similar problem. flash a rom that has usb host mode.then plug a usb moise in and use that to get you to the screen calibration app that should solve your problem.

i tried that last nite. the usb mouse lit up for a couple of seconds when the vega booted, but not usable after that. however, after a couple of tries with the mouse, though still not working (the usb mouse), suddenly the screen was all fine! strange.

nway, many many many thanks... for whatever reason, the usb mouse did it! now, need to decide on which rom to use [i've flash it using the issued vega rom for now, just to make sure everything is ok; back to factory setting] :)

again, thank you!