Notification Power Widget for gingerbread ROMs

Guest Sborovm

Guest Sborovm

Here is download link to Notification Power widget that should work with all gingerbread ROMs instead of Cyanogen Mod.

Download here

In case you are aware that this change could affect the appearance of your notification panel (other than adding the widget), you could do this:

Open Notification_Power_Widget.zip with winRAR or similar program. Extract SystemUI.apk from app folder.

Open SystemUI.apk with winRAR. From res\layout\ folder extract quickpanel_quick_settings.xml to your PC.

From drawable_hdpi folder extract all png files starting with quickpanel.

As I has investigated, both files: classes.dex and resources.arcs should also be copied!!!

From your ROM installation zip file extract (copy) also SystemUI.apk file. Copy to this file all extracted png files and quickpanel_quick_settings.xml file to appropriate folders. This modified file should be copied back into Notification_Power_Widget.zip with winRAR(use STORE method, without re-compression!)

Now flash with clockworkmod and you get notification power widget in your phone without changing the appearance. B)

If someone know how to edit quickpanel_quick_settings.xml than we could change the icons (functions) of the widget. Please help. :rolleyes:

Notification power widget was made by Elitemovil, so all credits for this goes to him :)

Edited by Sborovm

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Great, but I would know if someone know how to replace the auto-rotate button with data mobile button ? Or add some others buttons. If it's possible of course.

EDIT: oops didn't notice that you ask the same thing on your original post, sorry. ;)

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest Sborovm

Great, but I would know if someone know how to replace the auto-rotate button with data mobile button ? Or add some others buttons. If it's possible of course.

EDIT: oops didn't notice that you ask the same thing on your original post, sorry. ;)

It is not very complicated when you know how to edit XML file from SystemUI.apk. I have tried some XML editors but with errors. :( Probably I am doing something wrong. Should I decompile the apk or what?

It is not very complicated when you know how to edit XML file from SystemUI.apk. I have tried some XML editors but with errors. :( Probably I am doing something wrong. Should I decompile the apk or what?

Firstly I dont think it works with CAE.

Secondly, to change the functions of the buttons you need to do more than just edit the xml file. You need to edit the smali code by decompiling the apk (I use apk). This is not easy though. In fact its very very difficult (unless you know smali code!). If you can get the source code it'd much much easier.

I would have thought the classes.dex would also need to be copied otherwise there would be no code to handle the notification widget. Perhaps it would be easier just to take the systemui.apk and put it back through UOT kitchen.

Firstly I dont think it works with CAE.

Secondly, to change the functions of the buttons you need to do more than just edit the xml file. You need to edit the smali code by decompiling the apk (I use apk). This is not easy though. In fact its very very difficult (unless you know smali code!). If you can get the source code it'd much much easier.

Its difficult but not impossible. I had a go at adding mobile data toggle using smali code, got as far as switching on or off just the once. Couldnt find a way to create a mobile data listener to monitor the state in smali :(.

Its difficult but not impossible. I had a go at adding mobile data toggle using smali code, got as far as switching on or off just the once. Couldnt find a way to create a mobile data listener to monitor the state in smali :(.

good effort. Would it work if you just decompiled systemui from a cm rom and copyied the smalli code from their mobile data smali file to the autorotate smali file in this systemui. then recompile?

good effort. Would it work if you just decompiled systemui from a cm rom and copyied the smalli code from their mobile data smali file to the autorotate smali file in this systemui. then recompile?

Possibly, that might be worth a go. I suspect its not a simple case of direct copy and paste code from one to the other but if anyone wants to post the systemui.apk and framework-res.apk to save me downloading a whole rom I'll take a quick look to see if my limited smali hacking can do anything worthwhile.

Possibly, that might be worth a go. I suspect its not a simple case of direct copy and paste code from one to the other but if anyone wants to post the systemui.apk and framework-res.apk to save me downloading a whole rom I'll take a quick look to see if my limited smali hacking can do anything worthwhile.

here you go

notifications.zip

Guest Sborovm

I would have thought the classes.dex would also need to be copied otherwise there would be no code to handle the notification widget. Perhaps it would be easier just to take the systemui.apk and put it back through UOT kitchen.

Yeah this would be easier when you know your actual settings ;) .

Okay correct me if I'm wrong. So the swapping PNGs and quickpanel_quick_settings.xml only will NOT work.

Right?

Copying just the xml and pngs from the file in the OP, over to a systemui.apk without the notification widget will NOT work. I suspect copying the classes.dex file as well wont work either, but you're welcome to try. As I said, best to take original file, and put it through UOT again.

Guest Sborovm

Copying just the xml and pngs from the file in the OP, over to a systemui.apk without the notification widget will NOT work. I suspect copying the classes.dex file as well wont work either, but you're welcome to try. As I said, best to take original file, and put it through UOT again.

As I has investigated, both files: classes.dex and resources.arcs should be copied!!!

I have corrected first post.

But using systemUI.apk and using it in UOT kitchen will be safer, because there could be some png missing in your systemUI compared with this one and it could cause problems.