[ROM 07-12] TripNMiUI S001.1RC.1.12.2 | RELEASE CANDIDATE | ENDTIME Kernel

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Raycaster3

The brightness issue can be fixed easily, i fixed it for the X10 and will fix it for the Sensation in the next release.

Cool cool. Can you maybe take a look at mms? They are tiny tiny. That's just a little thing I noticed right now. I'm gonna mess with settings and/or xboarder's mms to see what's up with that too. Loving this though dude.

Edited by Raycaster3

I have the same as you. Just noticied if i type manually the number phone => Crash

But if just choose the contact to send the message, all is ok : )

Going to drink a beer outside, then go to my girlfriend's place and then...PARTY ALL THE WEEKEND !

So have fun bros and thanks Trip : ) I will report a feedback after a weekend of use : ))

My twins sons 26 years tomorrow we begin the big party a lot of beer i'll back maybe on sunday.

Cheers and have a nice weekend!

Tom

Guest eggyenergy666

hope you also can fix the smsbug trip D: i couldn't use it, and i really like your miui for everything, but now back on cm7 =[ i'll wait for an updated and fixed version, but overall, very good job my dutch friend!

The brightness issue can be fixed easily, i fixed it for the X10 and will fix it for the Sensation in the next release.

This rom is very fast i congrat for it! After yesterday (today) a big finish work you must have quiett weekend only relax!!!!!

Edited by tomS01

What I have found with SMS is that the person Must be an existing contact, to either send or receive messages with them

After this work perfectly or we must check our provider setting?

Guest Raycaster3

What I have found with SMS is that the person Must be an existing contact, to either send or receive messages with them

That's probably why I've never had an FC I've only txtd with my contacts... I knew it had to be something when so many ppl have had FC issues! Nice find.

Guest Raycaster3

Thanks for posting the information about this rom on XDA, hopefully it helps solving bugs and improve this rom.

Haha! Someone started a thread with a link to this thread and we kind of jumped him because of what you said about mirroring and stuff. I'm glad you're down spreading the word. I'm digging this rom seriously. It is freaking lightning in everything it does! Did you includ the EU Rils with your build. I haven't checked yet but thought I'd ask. I'm USA so I was wondering jic I need to flash the proper rils.

Ummm yeah I'm super excited about this rom I think I may have mentioned that once or twice before... lol

Edited by Raycaster3

Guest TripNRaVeR

Haha! Someone started a thread with a link to this thread and we kind of jumped him because of what you said about mirroring and stuff. I'm glad you're down spreading the word. I'm digging this rom seriously. It is freaking lightning in everything it does! Did you includ the EU Rils with your build. I haven't checked yet but thought I'd ask. I'm USA so I was wondering jic I need to flash the proper rils.

Ummm yeah I'm super excited about this rom I think I may have mentioned that once or twice before... lol

Yeah but i mean the thread in Development, that thread contains just a link to this thread with decent information. That helps people, i dont like to see that someone just opening a thread for my rom and put the links in it. The dev thread is good, i dont have any problems with it.

edit:

the thread from t0ny0 is the usefull one

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Thanks for posting the information about this rom on XDA, hopefully it helps solving bugs and improve this rom.

No problem man, Ill keep it updated with changelogs and stuff. Thanks for the great work :DDDDD

Yeah but i mean the thread in Development, that thread contains just a link to this thread with decent information. That helps people, i dont like to see that someone just opening a thread for my rom and put the links in it. The dev thread is good, i dont have any problems with it.

edit:

Im the guy that started the development thread, and yes, it does say that as per your request there will be no mirroring or direct download links :) Cause you the man!!! :D

I revise my earlier statement on messaging app not force closing for me. It happened twice last night with a certain contact, in trying to reproduce it, it seems that when you are entering in the name and the drop down menu appears with names, if you spend to much time or scroll too much, it force closes. If you select immediately, everything runs smoothly.

Still would like to get WiFi calling working, anyone have any thoughts?

Update: I installed the LeeDroid T-MOUS Wifi Calling pack and WiFi calling connects. However when i try to make a call, if the phone is held up to my ear, it cuts of the sound of the caller on the other end.

Edited by Lootes

Guest Raycaster3

edit:

Lovely! Good to see some cross forum action! :D

Another small little bug I've found is the battery use monitor is a bit off. Been off charger for about 4.5 hours and it only reports 2.5

Edited by Raycaster3

Guest Docmjldds

Heck yeah! I've never used bt on this device since I got it

Well, speak for yourself. BT is the only really safe way for hands free talking in car, so BT is important for many users.

Guest Raycaster3

Well, speak for yourself. BT is the only really safe way for hands free talking in car, so BT is important for many users.

I am speaking for myself that's why it says, I've never used bt. :D

Edited by Raycaster3

Guest lightninbug

Will this get updated to 1.9.9 today? Seems a few issues like auto brightness revert are fixed in this release..

Recommended updates this week:

1. Browsing speed

Upgraded browser JavaScript engine to increase performance execution by 30%

2. Anti eaves-dropping

This weeks update features improved anti-eaves dropping, enable to prohibit app monitoring, monitoring of call information and other actions by third-party sources.

3. No SD card support for theme replacement, wallpapers, ringtones and other resources

Read on to see full list of updates and fixes…

System:

• New key shortcut (MI-Button) to allow for shortcuts to Home screen, Screenshot capture, Search and Call functions. (Supported on MI-ONE, Milestone and DesireZ)
  • Optimisation of account management interface and login / details

• New automatic translation switch for APN setup (CMWAP networking can be set only)
    • New novice user guide
    • Improved anti-eaves dropping, enable to prohibit app monitoring, monitoring of call information and other actions by third-party sources.
    • T9 Pinyin less optimal results when matching the number of contacts
    • Fix in some cases lockscreen wallpaper cannot use full display
    • Fix in some cases due to problems with sensors causing problems with ring tone fade when picking up and problems with flip to mute

• New novice user guide
      • Add new contacts and support for restoring contacts from cloud backup
      • Fixed inaccuracy of A to Z (e.g, when you press P, it says O)

• Optimisation of attachment into message recording, according to Mms automatically stop recording length limit.
        • Modify message delivery to optimise the default ring tone
        • Sending Mms fix in some cases inaccurate results

• Added notification bar entrance of access control (simple mode)
          • Fixed FC caused by pulling down notification bar while changing themes
          • Fix status bar prompts novice user guide recurring problem
          • Fixed the brightness turns into the lowest while pulling down the notification bar in Single Page Mode
          • Fixed The lockscreen and music playback control appears while music is not finished playing
          • Fix lockscreen time display problem

• Optimisation of long-press to open task manager opening speed
            • Fix desktop widgets text display cutting off problems

• No SD card support for theme replacement, wallpapers, ringtones and other resources
              • Optimisation of local theme list loading speed
              • Optimize the local style, and other major changes to the application to open when the animation style, from the bottom up, with the same style of system
              • Page optimisation changes to sort local theme styles more efficiently
              • Repair custom notification sound, alarm is displayed as the default
              • Click for details page blank area leads FC problem
              • Clicking the details page causes memory issues leading to FC
              • Fix the local cache validation problems in some cases leading to problems effecting efficiency of loading

• Optimisation of thumbnail and large view quality
                • Transparent image thumbnail display abnormal issue fixed problem
                • Fixed abnormal ratio of wallpaper in landscape browsing mode

• Camera is switched on immediately after repair of boot problems leading to FC
                  • Fix open photo playback, change brightness, contrast, saturation leading to FC

• Upgraded JavaScript engine to (V8), execution of JavaScript pages increased by 30%
                    • Default navigation page optimisation for quick access to new bookmark items
                    • Fix quick access to sites, returning to navigation page does not refresh in a timely manner
                    • Fixed page dragging failure in Top sites

Music:

[*]Optimisation of the use of local album art and support for resizing.

File Explorer:

[*]Fix listing image too large leading to confusion in the list of thumbnails displayed

Radio / FM:

[*]Optimisation of headphone pull opens flight mode, no longer automatically exits radio app but instead shows a pop-up dialogue box

Sound recorder:

[*]Fix problem recording from radio causes FC problem

Backup:

[*]Optimisation of failed backup or items which abnormally cause failure, allow to delete corresponding items to continue backup[*]Optimisation of cloud backup stability[*]Fix SD card space warning, resolve issue leading to corruption in backups[*]Fix issue with local backup alarm restore causing FC issue

Calendar:

[*]Optimisation when there is no account, the first time opening the calendar will give a prompt[*]Fixed issue of delayed update of menu after login[*]Exchange calendar fixes

Settings:

[*]Optimisation of the system volume, when set to 0 the volume will not output notification tones[*]Optimisation of slider display segments[*]Optimisation of Wi-Fi password prompt, pop-up will display asking to re-enter if password invalid

System update:

[*]Checking for updates in quick succession fixed popup error dialogue problems[*]Fix issue when switching to different network type e.g from mobile to wifi causes full package update to not be downloaded

Download manager:

• Fix failed download does not receive notification message display
Edited by lightninbug

+1.... BT is very important for me as well

Guest Docmjldds

I am speaking for myself that's why it says, I've never used bt. :D

I guess what I stated did NOT come out as I would have preferred. What I meant was just because ONE user states they don't use an aspect doesn't mean the same isn't important to a vast amount of other users.

I would expect that for proper "development" here it would be nice to have some sort of bug tracker or at least let OP make decisions on what's considered important to be looked at and possibly prioritized as important

rather than comments that "I don't use it, or never used it, so therefore it must not be of much "importance". And yes, I had already seen in original posting that BT was NOT working. I guess this is why many users that are

really interested in following developments usually are more active on XDA.

I did start out here a long time ago with Paul M and the original Nexus One. But when development kind of came to a halt here regarding the N1, more users gravitated to XDA, which included me. Having posted more than 3000 on

XDA I do feel I have "been around the block" and can make a comment on an issue when I feel it's warranted. I was extremely happy to finally see development in MIUI and CM7 in the future finally coming to the Sensation.

Not wishing to start anything more than asking respect for everyone's wishes.

With the laws of many states coming down more and more barring the use of cell phones in general while in a car, I would think most users here would agree that since BT is the one True means for hands free cell operation in a car,

this aspect would be considered a pretty high priority to be looked at and that is all I was meaning to state in general.

Guest Raycaster3

I guess what I stated did NOT come out as I would have preferred. What I meant was just because ONE user states they don't use an aspect doesn't mean the same isn't important to a vast amount of other users.

I would expect that for proper "development" here it would be nice to have some sort of bug tracker or at least let OP make decisions on what's considered important to be looked at and possibly prioritized as important

rather than comments that "I don't use it, or never used it, so therefore it must not be of much "importance". And yes, I had already seen in original posting that BT was NOT working. I guess this is why many users that are

really interested in following developments usually are more active on XDA.

I did start out here a long time ago with Paul M and the original Nexus One. But when development kind of came to a halt here regarding the N1, more users gravitated to XDA, which included me. Having posted more than 3000 on

XDA I do feel I have "been around the block" and can make a comment on an issue when I feel it's warranted. I was extremely happy to finally see development in MIUI and CM7 in the future finally coming to the Sensation.

Not wishing to start anything more than asking respect for everyone's wishes.

With the laws of many states coming down more and more barring the use of cell phones in general while in a car, I would think most users here would agree that since BT is the one True means for hands free cell operation in a car,

this aspect would be considered a pretty high priority to be looked at and that is all I was meaning to state in general.

Same page my dude. Just was telling op that if bt was what was holding up release yesterday it wasn't a huge deal. Of course it is very important to have it available to you on your device. The context of my statement had to do with releasing this alpha. I,too, have been active on xda(only 800posts) so I have been around a bit as well. We're both going for the same thing.

Thanks