[ROM 07-12] TripNMiUI S001.1RC.1.12.2 | RELEASE CANDIDATE | ENDTIME Kernel

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest jtsin67

Testing an idea that crossed my mind observing the testing. When i rotate, flip or generally do something while recording that might cause the camera app to "rotate" (you can see how it changes the orientation of the camera icons when you turn landscape to portrait) min has hung every time.

Has anyone who has good results perhaps held the phone stable or in a way that hasn't caused it to "rotate"?

For now i am back on kernel-001-002 based on guidance and latest test is crossed 3 mins without me touching the phone. Sure enough hold the camera up, swap from portrait to landscape and -crash!!

Anyone else confirm???

Guest BummAround

Testing an idea that crossed my mind observing the testing. When i rotate, flip or generally do something while recording that might cause the camera app to "rotate" (you can see how it changes the orientation of the camera icons when you turn landscape to portrait) min has hung every time.

Has anyone who has good results perhaps held the phone stable or in a way that hasn't caused it to "rotate"?

For now i am back on kernel-001-002 based on guidance and latest test is crossed 3 mins without me touching the phone. Sure enough hold the camera up, swap from portrait to landscape and -crash!!

Anyone else confirm???

Interesting finding there.

Now this movement, has it to be a "swap from portrait to landscape" or a mere movement will also crash the phone?

Update: -1. Reboots don't have anything to do with camera movement/orientation.

Edited by BummAround

Guest jtsin67

Seemed to be more when i moved the phone significantly which was more where it needed to change orientation. Of note i had the toggle off for auto rotate also.. but it still rotates within the camera app.

Interesting finding there.

Now this movement, has it to be a "swap from portrait to landscape" or a mere movement will also crash the phone?

Guest R1nGoStar_

Wait a min, so you didn't flash 2.6.35.14_TripNKernel_XT_preview-001 at all?

Sounds like a good news! Wipe cache & dalvik first, as always. :)

Yes, thats exactly what i did.

I record video now, and I can confirm recording more than 3min two times in a row with no reboot.

Guess I was lucky :D

Still room for improvement on the speed(animations/scrolling seems slow)

BTW: I can tilt camera in any direction I want, no reboot

Edited by R1nGoStar_

Guest BummAround

Yes, thats exactly what i did.

I record video now, and I can confirm recording more than 3min two times in a row with no reboot.

Guess I was lucky :D

Still room for improvement on the speed(animations/scrolling seems slow)

BTW: I can tilt camera in any direction I want, no reboot

Well, lucky you, then.

I'll try one more time from very clean install of S0107B then to preview-002 on top of it, and see how it goes...

Update: Didn't work, 1080p recording still reboot in less than 1 min now. Tough luck. :rolleyes:

Edited by BummAround

Guest TripNRaVeR

Not too bad, I hit 3200 in Quadrant, and 6500 in Antutu. Only thing I'd like to see is a bit more speed, I know my phone can run 1782 MHz, I do overvolt a bit to hit that, but I can hit 4100 in Quadrant and 7200 in Antutu, so I know there is some room for improvement there. If you want to give it a try Trip, I would love to test out some kernels for you with some "extreme" settings.

2022 Mhz @ 1,4v incl. L2 bandwith "extreme" enough?

Compiling that now incl. a very very tight V/R i.o. scheduler

Guest BummAround

I'm not into extreme stuff, how about stable stuff, Trip?

Preview-002 still freezes & reboots. Could you do something, please? :D

Any new kernel, say, preview-003 for stable 1080p recording, PLEASE?

Even with 900mV @384MHz, it still reboots, very annoying. :unsure:

Edited by BummAround

Guest Fusion600

The only instability I have is when I used the video camera. no freezes, or reboots otherwise.

The only things I feel are missing are A2DP, stable cide and those 4000 results in Quadrant I saw posted by Trip and Scott.

Edited by Fusion600

Guest BummAround

The only instability I have is when I used the video camera. no freezes, or reboots otherwise.

The only things I feel are missing are A2DP, stable cide and those 4000 results in Quadrant I saw posted by Trip and Scott.

I'm talking about the video camera in 1080p recording. :rolleyes:

Guest Bluntedslc

Why do you feel the need to keep asking. I am almost positive he is still working on it and you seem to just be making things worse. Let him work obviously plenty of people are still having these issues so you can count that he is working on it.

Guest BummAround

Why do you feel the need to keep asking. I am almost positive he is still working on it and you seem to just be making things worse. Let him work obviously plenty of people are still having these issues so you can count that he is working on it.

....and how I seem to just be making things worse? Just being anxious, I think. :rolleyes:

Edited by BummAround

Guest R1nGoStar_

I recently reported HD recording working, and it did.

Now, not so much. I get reboots now when I listen to music which never happened before.

Just to be clear. this happens with S0107B.1.11.4 and only the 002 kernel on top.

Remember this was the setup in which my HD worked, now it doesn't and my phone reboots, major bummer :o

I am soo looking forward to a stable rom

Guest audiophile

Wow :D i seem to be getting much battery life with latest test kernal 002!! :D dunno what it is but iv better battery life then I usually have under the same circumstances :D usually my battery is dead by 6pm on this rom. But its haf9 now and iv still 15% left! I also have had fb chat running for the past hour and a half or so. (This stops sleeping and kills battery life very fast)

So this is awesome! Maybe its some sorta fluke or something. . . . But I presume more ppl should report the same improvement soon :)

EDIT: also rather unusually I checked and noticed that today(first day on 002 kernal) I accidently had the Max clock at 1.5 . . Instead of my usual 1.2 . . . .which in theory shouldn't lower my battery life xD

Edited by audiophile

Guest R1nGoStar_

Actually I too have better battery life with 002 kernel.

just didnt notice it before you mentioned it cause of my frustration over HD recording.

+1 Battery

Guest volscian

If that works on my phone, I would love your work even more than I already do. I've been trying to figure a way to get my phone to run stable past 1782, and I'm sure it has to do with the voltage tables that each of the kernels themselves have. I'll test out whatever you compile, I'd love to see your rom + kernel being the absolute best anywhere for this device.

Guest Sly Cooper

Thank you very much for the ROM. I had been using miui for few days now from miui.us and just flashed this beautiful ROM. I have been facing problem with ActiveSync and the default client and the same problem continued with this ROM. My exchange emails were working fine with Android revolution HD ROM however that is not the case MIUI. We have securities policies pushed via McAfee EMM. If I use any other client like Nitrodesk/RoadSync, while configuring the account I get set password box and then the emails work. I don't get similar settings via stock client. Can someone pls tell me how to fix it? I really dont want to go to any other ROM just bcoz of email problem. Thanks in advance.

Some of the themes have Chinese text on the lockscreen. Is there any way to remove or change it to English?

I had backed up messages using the stock messaging client in revolution HD ROM. Is there any way to import it in MIUI?

With the MIUI.us ROM, I used to "OFF" text for the button. With this ROM, I can only grayed out vs. color to distinguish between ON and OFF settings. Is this the default behavior?

Edited by Sly Cooper

That a weird approach, DEV makes a claim of what they have done, and user says I don't believe you.....:o

you were saying?

take my advice and stop being such a knob polisher will'ya?

Guest Fusion600

you were saying?

take my advice and stop being such a knob polisher will'ya?

I am not interested in getting into a pissing match with you, however, I do still stand behind my comments that your approach to thanking a dev for his efforts is weird. People like YOU, who come onto an already established thread, belittle a dev's work, by telling them you have no faith in them and no trust in what they say THEY are experiencing. Then make demands on what Must go into this FREE gift he is providing you. It's amazing he actually continues. Also amazing is the impression you have of yoursellf , so much so that you think he gives a flying badword if YOU believe him or not.

We are all so blessed to have you contributing so much to this thread, I hope Trip donates some money to you for "your advice", to ensure you stay around to leech his work. I know I am tempted to donate to you for "your advice".

Please do stick around. :P

Guest callmexist

I am not interested in getting into a pissing match with you, however, I do still stand behind my comments that your approach to thanking a dev for his efforts is weird. People like YOU, who come onto an already established thread, belittle a dev's work, by telling them you have no faith in them and no trust in what they say THEY are experiencing. Then make demands on what Must go into this FREE gift he is providing you. It's amazing he actually continues. Also amazing is the impression you have of yoursellf , so much so that you think he gives a flying badword if YOU believe him or not.

We are all so blessed to have you contributing so much to this thread, I hope Trip donates some money to you for "your advice", to ensure you stay around to leech his work. I know I am tempted to donate to you for "your advice".

brilliant sir! :D /bows down

that's what happens when you take initial comments out of context.

all i said was that i won't believe it until i see it, which is fair enough given all the devs (including Trip) who tried and claimed they got it fixed...trust me i help as much as i can but given the CM7 / MIUI history of crap cameras this going to be a holy grail.

i've seen it (almost) all...and the riskiest claim for anyone (not just devs in mobile phone hobby coding) to make is they achieved something without delivering...just look at all the claims in the science community. At least there they get torn apart and credibility destroyed after such a thing..

And a bit of constructive criticism is not that bad, is it? :P

don't want to start a pissing contest either, but is 1080p working for anyone in the meantime except Trip? :)

Guest Sly Cooper

Thank you very much for the ROM. I had been using miui for few days now from miui.us and just flashed this beautiful ROM. I have been facing problem with ActiveSync and the default client and the same problem continued with this ROM. My exchange emails were working fine with Android revolution HD ROM however that is not the case MIUI. We have securities policies pushed via McAfee EMM. If I use any other client like Nitrodesk/RoadSync, while configuring the account I get set password box and then the emails work. I don't get similar settings via stock client. Can someone pls tell me how to fix it? I really dont want to go to any other ROM just bcoz of email problem. Thanks in advance.

Some of the themes have Chinese text on the lockscreen. Is there any way to remove or change it to English?

I had backed up messages using the stock messaging client in revolution HD ROM. Is there any way to import it in MIUI?

With the MIUI.us ROM, I used to "OFF" text for the button. With this ROM, I can only grayed out vs. color to distinguish between ON and OFF settings. Is this the default behavior?

Hi Guys,

Can can someone please comment about the exchange issue that I have been facing? I changed the ROM to insertcon and it worked fine. So basically it worked fine Revolution HD and Insertcoing ROM. I really want to continue using MIUI. Can someone please suggest something?

Guest Fusion600

Hi Guys,

Can can someone please comment about the exchange issue that I have been facing? I changed the ROM to insertcon and it worked fine. So basically it worked fine Revolution HD and Insertcoing ROM. I really want to continue using MIUI. Can someone please suggest something?

Sorry Sly, I don't use exchange for my mail, so can't help