[ROM 07-12] TripNMiUI S001.1RC.1.12.2 | RELEASE CANDIDATE | ENDTIME Kernel

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Docmjldds

Someone posted an mms.apk around page 14 that can be pushed to system/app and change permissions to rw-r-r and it is supposed to fix the small mms problem for tmous. Someone else said the wifi calling add on from leedroid(o think) does the same thing idk. I'm gonna see what I can do.

The someone was me :rolleyes: WRT Nexus One MMS. Do NOT know anything aboutwifi calling working with Leedroids files. I know that stock CM7 posted yesterday as well as Xboarder on XDA has wifi calling working. But this is on CM7 or as in Xboarders ROM, stripped down CM7 to make it more AOSP experience.

On a side note...does BT work here yet? haven't had a chance to read notes. Just asking as I try to catch up before running the install here.

Edited by Docmjldds

Guest Docmjldds

I've installed and been playing with it a bit and so far i only have one issue besides the wifi which has already been fixed.

I keep getting FCs on the messaging application. It only happens sometimes when i start a message and then start typing content. Sometimes it FCs and sometimes it doesn't. Curious to know if anyone else is having the same issue.

Besides Dano reply, try goSMSpro. Set the MMS file size to 1.0M. You should get decent file sizes and NO FC's. Just in case you can't work around stock messaging app for now.

Guest Raycaster3

The someone was me :rolleyes: WRT Nexus One MMS. Do NOT know anything aboutwifi calling working with Leedroids files. I know that stock CM7 posted yesterday as well as Xboarder on XDA has wifi calling working. But this is on CM7 or as in Xboarders ROM, stripped down CM7 to make it more AOSP experience.

On a side note...does BT work here yet? haven't had a chance to read notes. Just asking as I try to catch up before running the install here.

It's been spotty.... some devices have been working and others not. I installed your mms.apk but can't get anyone to send me a pic lol. I sent one to myself but It hasn't gone through it like 10 minutes... Oh well no big deal. Who am I kidding? This is my daily no matter what!

Yeah i've seen it, its crap (not the rom, the problem ), now i must back to sense until this issue is solved

I'll take back alpha ver! Wait for a bug fix in beta :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Edited by tomS01

Guest Docmjldds

Thanks bro! I couldn't remember who it was and was in a hurry so I couldn't give you credit when you posted it. I really appreciate your help. It's amazing that we even have this ROM right now. Still can't believe it! Again thanks for your help!!!!

Welcome. I'm here for the long haul. Seems Bluetooth is an issue still. For me, it killed my audio, till I rebooted after pairing with my car radio. I also lost audio today for no reason at all, until I rebooted, but that was with XBoarders CM7 rom. I would venture that everyone here and on XDA are using same audio basics...NOT counting this new stuff mentioned by Trip (Bravia Engine and XSound)

I spent hours last night trying to get WiFi calling to work on the MIUI ROM here. Almost got it figured unless it works already. Again, I am still reading and catching up, before I even get a chance to run the install here. Just trying to edit a script file to get the script running on a Pyramid based model ID instead of a Passion based Nexus One. If I can't get that to work, I will try manually pushing files. I just wanted to have a flash-able file that would work.

Guest Raycaster3

I am also having no service problem after turning off the screen. Can I just flash another kernel? thx

That's strange... Did you happen to wipe before flashing this rom? I haven't a single service/wifi issue... Makes me have sad face that you no have service!!! sorry bro

Guest Docmjldds

It's been spotty.... some devices have been working and others not. I installed your mms.apk but can't get anyone to send me a pic lol. I sent one to myself but It hasn't gone through it like 10 minutes... Oh well no big deal. Who am I kidding? This is my daily no matter what!

Yeah, my only means of testing is to send myself a file. Maybe we can test to each other? Not now....Just a thought. Not sure there is an issue regarding not being able to send without a contact addressbook reference with stock message applet, when using third party app like handcent or goSMSPro.

doc, I think you were on to a good train of thought earlier with the build.prop file and Sensation Zxxxx. I don't see why the wifi calling app should work in this latest release since it and CM7 are using the same kernels. I think it has to do with the differences, subtle as they may be, between the two different build.prop files. I have been comparing the two, for example, the ro.product.model in the CM7 ROM only says Sensation and not HTC Sensation Z710e. Also, the line items representing region and language have slight variations. I am only speculating here and could be completely off base, but could this be the cause of the wifi calling app having issues?

Guest Raycaster3

Yeah i've seen it, its crap (not the rom, the problem :D), now i must back to sense until this issue is solved

Awwww man don't go back to sense!!! Lol at least CM7. Try the full wipe (cache partition/dalvik/data) then flash rom then wipe dalvik again and fixpermissions and see if that does it.

Guest Shai Levi

Hey Trip, I know it's kinda early for requests since this has just turned beta, but is there any chance, that this modded launcher would work with your release?

http://forums.miuian...29-Launcher-MOD

I will try as soon as I get this ROM flashed (battery at 99%).

It looks so much better with 5x4 grid.

and it's useful too.

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=75541

made some changes to work with 1.9.9 and with hotseat.

download here.

5x4_hotseat.1.9.9_shai.zip

post-928758-0-32655800-1315872382_thumb.

Edited by Shai Levi

Guest Raycaster3

Yeah, my only means of testing is to send myself a file. Maybe we can test to each other? Not now....Just a thought. Not sure there is an issue regarding not being able to send without a contact addressbook reference with stock message applet, when using third party app like handcent or goSMSPro.

My pic to myself came through and it was full size baby! As my redneck family says, "Now we're cookin' wit gas!" Ohhhhh yyyyyeeeeaaaaaaah!

Guest Raycaster3

it looks so much better with 5x4 grid.

and it's a useful too.

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=75541

made some changes to work with 1.9.9 and with hotseat.

download here.

5x4_hotseat.1.9.9_shai.zip

That looks nice bro! Good work! Has anyone else tried the ES CenterMOD from miuianroid.com? It worked with alpha but complete fail on this build for me. Took away my status bar. Too bad too. I love that MOD. This one hear is lovely.

Guest Docmjldds

doc, I think you were on to a good train of thought earlier with the build.prop file and Sensation Zxxxx. I don't see why the wifi calling app should work in this latest release since it and CM7 are using the same kernels. I think it has to do with the differences, subtle as they may be, between the two different build.prop files. I have been comparing the two, for example, the ro.product.model in the CM7 ROM only says Sensation and not HTC Sensation Z710e. Also, the line items representing region and language have slight variations. I am only speculating here and could be completely off base, but could this be the cause of the wifi calling app having issues?

I am really thinking it to be THE issue. I'll give another example....I happen to use the TMobile TV application only because TMobile messed up my account, so they gave me a bunch of free time. When Build.prop says Sensation Z710e, I get the application not made for your model blurb. But when I change it to HTC Sensation 4G, it works. That's a real subtle difference. Gotta deal with family time now, then still have to install this baby just to see it in action. I have always been concerned with lousy audio in general on the Sensation and was attributing it to kernel issues also. So getting this installed just to hear trips additions means a lot to me right now. But wifi calling is also near the top of my list too ;)

Guest Docmjldds

My pic to myself came through and it was full size baby! As my redneck family says, "Now we're cookin' wit gas!" Ohhhhh yyyyyeeeeaaaaaaah!

Good news. Gotta go do the personal stuff for a while :(

Guest Raycaster3

I am really thinking it to be THE issue. I'll give another example....I happen to use the TMobile TV application only because TMobile messed up my account, so they gave me a bunch of free time. When Build.prop says Sensation Z710e, I get the application not made for your model blurb. But when I change it to HTC Sensation 4G, it works. That's a real subtle difference. Gotta deal with family time now, then still have to install this baby just to see it in action. I have always been concerned with lousy audio in general on the Sensation and was attributing it to kernel issues also. So getting this installed just to hear trips additions means a lot to me right now. But wifi calling is also near the top of my list too ;)

Family time? Like FHE??? ;) If you don't know what that means then sorry for asking, if you do, I'm about to do the same.

I've been following the CM7 alpha thread. It seems that Bluetooth audio isn't working in that release either. Looks to be a kernel thing.

Leaving the office in 30, will see how it fairs when I get in the car.

actually BT works great in the CM7 alpha.... using it until Trip can get it going in MIUI