Silicone skin cover for ZTE Skate

Guest philmein

Guest putbinoot

The good thing it looks neat :)

Yeah Navie it's not perfect but with the tools I had it's the best I could do and the important thing is I am happy with it and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to make operation of the power button easier or they could use your method which works as well. I think it's something SIKAI could look at either less of a pocket at the switch or make a hole like the audio port, not sure what people would prefer, probably less of a pocket but you have to add in tolerances when making such products so that might not be an option, foe me if I seen the case with a hole at the power switch I would still have bought it.

Guest gitf@ce

I can confirm that putbinoot's 8mm round hole idea works a treat! Just like he say's "its like there is no case there".

The rolled tape method distorted the side of the cover slightly, and was difficult to get right.

I can confirm that putbinoot's 8mm round hole idea works a treat! Just like he say's "its like there is no case there".

The rolled tape method distorted the side of the cover slightly, and was difficult to get right.

You don't roll it up...my mistake, I aligned a rectangular shape and then folded over the tape a few times, then I used a scissors to cut the length to shape. Since I can't cut the width...I have to make sure the width that I roll over is correct. Basically the finished piece should be flat so it can be pushed into the groove.

Edited by Navie

Guest gitf@ce

You don't roll it up...my mistake, I aligned a rectangular shape and then folded over the tape a few times, then I used a scissors to cut the length to shape. Since I can't cut the width...I have to make sure the width that I roll over is correct. Basically the finished piece should be flat so it can be pushed into the groove.

That's more or less what I did, I did'nt have any masking tape to hand but a bit of Magic tape does the job. This is a good method if people don't feel happy chopping their case about (I just happened to have a set of punches nearby), but the hole works way better and doesn't diminish the look of the case.

Guest BlissfulCherub

Hello All, Blissful Cherub now has the Smoked Grey Sikai Case for sale: http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1558.l2649

post-934710-0-54569500-1319541563_thumb.

We have also just listed screen protectors for the Orange Monte Carlo:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280761428805?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

post-934710-0-24582700-1319558189_thumb.

For our full list of products please visit: http://www.ebay.co.u...=&_trksid=p3686

Edited by BlissfulCherub

Guest dadashi

I got the Black Gel case yesterday fits perfectly except for the power button problem. I just have to use my nail for the time being.

There were two screen protectors in the packet as well. I'm not sure how to go about applying them. I mean I don't know which side of the screen protector goes on the screen and which faces outwards.

There are two numbered tabs on the screen protector:

1-Please peel off this mask BEFORE application RED coloured

2-Please peel off this mask AFTER application BLUE coloured

I assume I remove the 1-mask, apply the protector and then remove the 2-mask.....

I don't want to do it wrong, any tips would be appreciated.

Edited by dadashi

Guest john.smith

Make the screen absolutely clean, then push the screen protector along with a credit card or something similar.

How do I best avoid dust and bubbles ...

Guest john.smith

Guys, we've been the late comer these days.

This is our prototype (not actual product!) which features matte vertical strips in a smooth base. It will help grip better.

I have tested with the power button specifically and let me assure you that it does not have the Sikai issue there.

LIKE us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/sofiz.co.uk) to get the latest news and special offers on this item.

Please comment and tell me what colour (solid or transparent) you prefer to have...

sofiz_skate_prototype_2.jpg

sofiz_skate_prototype_1.jpg

sofiz_skate_prototype_3.jpg

Guest TouchyAndalou

What's wrong with this case? http://www.sofiz.co....odel=48&pid=171

Just trying to work out which one to buy, urgently need one and screen protector, phone feels so vulnerable (my first touchscreen). So the Sikai is still the way to go?

I think that's the case that appeals least to me. I'm not a fan of really hard plastic cases, as I suspect they don't offer as good protection as a softer, more rubbery plastic or silicone. Also, as you can see from the picture, that case doesn't cover the top or the bottom of the front of the phone.

Edited by TouchyAndalou

Guest TouchyAndalou

Guys, we've been the late comer these days.

This is our prototype (not actual product!) which features matte vertical strips in a smooth base. It will help grip better.

I have tested with the power button specifically and let me assure you that it does not have the Sikai issue there.

LIKE us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/sofiz.co.uk) to get the latest news and special offers on this item.

Please comment and tell me what colour (solid or transparent) you prefer to have...

This looks like a promising case. Hopefully it'll be a nice snug fit, as nobody wants something that's going to slip off.

Colour wise, my vote would be for a solid black case and a solid yellow one. Those colours seem to have been popular with people in this thread. Personally, I'm not all that into transparent cases, because covering the Orange logo is one of the benefits of using a case.

Guest john.smith

Thanks for your input buddy. Send me your shipping address and I will arrange one for you free of charge when it becomes available in a week's time.

We are going to make solid black with a twist.

For matte clear, there will be blue and smoke grey.

Will post some photos when they are ready.

This looks like a promising case. Hopefully it'll be a nice snug fit, as nobody wants something that's going to slip off.

Colour wise, my vote would be for a solid black case and a solid yellow one. Those colours seem to have been popular with people in this thread. Personally, I'm not all that into transparent cases, because covering the Orange logo is one of the benefits of using a case.

Guest john.smith

Get a cheap screen protector first, and wait for our self-developed jelly cases which will be available in a week's time. :lol:

What's wrong with this case? http://www.sofiz.co....odel=48&pid=171

Just trying to work out which one to buy, urgently need one and screen protector, phone feels so vulnerable (my first touchscreen). So the Sikai is still the way to go?

Guest dadashi

Did you buy from amazon with 2x screen protectors? That's where I got mine from...

I finaly had a go putting one of the screen protectors on... a shamble, it's got at least 30 dust and hair particles underneath it with air bubbles around them....The protector underside just attracts dust like a very strung dust magnet, maybe my 2nd attempt shoulb be in a vaccume...:lol:

It is a work of art,many years of training with Mr Miyagi.

wax on,wax off. :lol:

I got a pack of 6 off Ebay last week,and messed up three,one after the other :lol:

But the fourth was perfect

Edited by Guest

Guest dadashi

It is a work of art,many years of training with Mr Miyagi.

wax on,wax off. :lol:

I got a pack of 6 off Ebay last week,and messed up three,one after the other :lol:

But the fourth was perfect

so you have to be an origami expert to do this...I shouldve known, I have one left so I have to see if I can find an old master....

Guest Unchange

Did you buy from amazon with 2x screen protectors? That's where I got mine from...

I finaly had a go putting one of the screen protectors on... a shamble, it's got at least 30 dust and hair particles underneath it with air bubbles around them....The protector underside just attracts dust like a very strung dust magnet, maybe my 2nd attempt shoulb be in a vaccume...:lol:

Yeah, bought from there, but the included protectors are the wrong size, look like they are for the OSF or something, definitely for a 3.8" screen. Irritating, hopefully they will send me a load in replacement.

Guest Neil305

I'd like one that's got the picture of the android, like is shown in some of the images on the sofiz site. Is that a cover, or is that the standard ZTE back?