newbbie help needed

Guest yogi99

Hi Guys

Help needed here I.ve read all about R8 and I still unable to get R8 installed, this vega new out of its box,

Im runing XP Pro With Sp3. d/manager It show me under disk drives tecra 2 when I plug in the vega.

Here is what I've done so far. downloaded R8 with the usb driver also download the systemusb driver. restarted Xp and the vega, then gone into vega and enabled usb debuging, the plug usb into Pc and d/m show other devices and then loads driver and puts it under disk and when I look I can see tecra 2 installed. looked at the driver details, its installed a driver from 2001.tried updating driver and fails to find one. One thing I've notice on the vega the EC version says 1.9.0 also kernal version 2.632_9_P10_v1.11_20110627_DIX Android 2.2

Thanx for your help

yogi99

Guest Stokesy_

I would start again here. Search 'Audi' on this forum and this will lead you to a post that deals with the drivers and recovery mode. There is a very nice app that will guide you through this whole process.

Delete the drivers you have now on your PC.

connect your vega to the pc via usb.

Run the audi app and follow the instructions until you get all green lights.

Then put vega in to recovery mode (instructions how to do this are on this site if you search)

download the rom zip file to your PC

and unzip/run

wait fr vega to reboot.

then you can downkoad a any custom vip to your sd card and run/load this directy on your vega.

give me a shout if you getnstuck.

stokesy.

Hi

Thank you for your reply and help

Barry

I would start again here. Search 'Audi' on this forum and this will lead you to a post that deals with the drivers and recovery mode. There is a very nice app that will guide you through this whole process.

Delete the drivers you have now on your PC.

connect your vega to the pc via usb.

Run the audi app and follow the instructions until you get all green lights.

Then put vega in to recovery mode (instructions how to do this are on this site if you search)

download the rom zip file to your PC

and unzip/run

wait fr vega to reboot.

then you can downkoad a any custom vip to your sd card and run/load this directy on your vega.

give me a shout if you getnstuck.

stokesy.