Vegacomb 3.2 - What device am I to the Android Marketplace?

Guest stoofer

Guest ejtagle

Does anyone know exactly which device the VegaComb 3.2 identifies iteself as on the Android Marketplace?

Id say you are a Honeycomb 3.2 tablet - Cutting edge technology ! rolleyes.gif

Does anyone know exactly which device the VegaComb 3.2 identifies iteself as on the Android Marketplace?

Asus Transformer TF101 3.2.

Information is in build.prop - Feel free to try editing the fingerprint etc line to that of other tabs and see what reaction you get!

newbe5

Guest princeotter

Information is in build.prop - Feel free to try editing the fingerprint etc line to that of other tabs and see what reaction you get!

newbe5

Newbe

When I look in the fingerprint section of build.prop it has the bits about being a Transformer but Market sees my Vega as Nvidia Vegacomb. I am not able to download / install lots of stuff from market / tablet market as it says my device is incompatible (although I know others have got them). What can I change in build.prop (or other system file) to overcome this issue?

EDIT: Forget it - I reloaded build.prop.bak as build.prop and with the 120dpi screen setting I can now download things. Shame as I preferred 150 dpi but at least I know what was up

Edited by princeotter

Guest stoofer

newbe5

Now that's what I thought, but an app I have on the market for the TF wasn't available (I have a big manual exclusion list!)

When I enable the following device on the market, it appears for my VegaComb!

It's under "Others" and it's called "unknown (harmony)"

Guest simonta

Now that's what I thought, but an app I have on the market for the TF wasn't available (I have a big manual exclusion list!)

When I enable the following device on the market, it appears for my VegaComb!

It's under "Others" and it's called "unknown (harmony)"

What's your target API in the manifest and what capabilities and permissions are you requesting? You might have a capability or permission which implies hardware that the Vega doesn't have (even if it's not used) and the device you enabled makes no assumptions.

Guest stoofer

What's your target API in the manifest and what capabilities and permissions are you requesting? You might have a capability or permission which implies hardware that the Vega doesn't have (even if it's not used) and the device you enabled makes no assumptions.

The manual exclusion list doesn't let you override manifest exclusions, so it shouldn't be that and we're pretty lenient on the manifest settings (we only ask for Froyo and above, a touchscreen and to not have a really small screen) and use the manual exclusions fairly heavily.

It was also definately available on the Transformers we have, and now the vega with the Harmony set to be available. Which is good, because it was always really nice on the Vega whilst in development! :-)

newbe5

Newbe do you have a fingerprint list to use with build.prop.

Also could the line

ro.product.locale.region=US

cause the market to display different apps?

Thanks

Newbe

When I look in the fingerprint section of build.prop it has the bits about being a Transformer but Market sees my Vega as Nvidia Vegacomb. I am not able to download / install lots of stuff from market / tablet market as it says my device is incompatible (although I know others have got them). What can I change in build.prop (or other system file) to overcome this issue?

EDIT: Forget it - I reloaded build.prop.bak as build.prop and with the 120dpi screen setting I can now download things. Shame as I preferred 150 dpi but at least I know what was up

So you are saying that its the dpi setting that stops you downloading some apps?

Guest HypoTurtle

Newbe do you have a fingerprint list to use with build.prop.

Also could the line

ro.product.locale.region=US

cause the market to display different apps?

Thanks

I've had my device displaying the US market; with the need to accept another agreement to use the market (although downloads don't work), when using a US VPN. So market is affected by the IP address and not that line in build prop

I've had my device displaying the US market; with the need to accept another agreement to use the market (although downloads don't work), when using a US VPN. So market is affected by the IP address and not that line in build prop

Ok, Thanks for the info. Its that I have I have a situation that I live is Spain (and connect to a spanish isp) but work in gibraltar where I connect to a gibraltar isp (UK)

How many people on this forum have this problem, just me I guess

Cheers

Guest princeotter

So you are saying that its the dpi setting that stops you downloading some apps?

Thats what it appeared to be. As i say I restore build.prop back to default settings and hey presto I could access for example Tablet Keyboard whereas previosuly I couldn't. The only thing I had changed in build.prop previously was the LCD Density from 120 to 150. Not sure what other LCD settings might work - might have a try and see as it's a wet Saturday :-)

Thats what it appeared to be. As i say I restore build.prop back to default settings and hey presto I could access for example Tablet Keyboard whereas previosuly I couldn't. The only thing I had changed in build.prop previously was the LCD Density from 120 to 150. Not sure what other LCD settings might work - might have a try and see as it's a wet Saturday :-)

Not wet here, bloody warm. Anyway I'll mess with the dpi setting

Thanks