[HELP] How to root my ZTE Racer with mooncake 2.3.4

Guest Danifantom™

Guest Danifantom™

Hey guys, spend a long that i'm trying to root my phone to change the bootanimation, i couldnt change it with my 2.1 official ROM.

But now with mooncake 2.3.4 i can find bootanimation.zip on system/media

but to replace it i need to root my phone, and i couldnt find a way to do that, hope u can help me out.

Thanks

Edited by Danifantom™

Guest Racerboy

stock 2.1 roms will need to be rooted manually

BUT

you have a custom ROM installed? it will be rooted already (compiled in the ROM), if you attempted to do something with an app that needs root permissions "SuperUser" which is on the apps menu will pop up and ask for you to allow or deny it

Guest plegdroid

stock 2.1 roms will need to be rooted manually

BUT

you have a custom ROM installed? it will be rooted already (compiled in the ROM), if you attempted to do something with an app that needs root permissions "SuperUser" which is on the apps menu will pop up and ask for you to allow or deny it

I've sent you a pm

Guest Danifantom™

Problem Solved!

Thank you guys to trying to help me out, but i found what is the problem...

I just had to find the right root explorer that supports gingerbread

I dont know if its permited to post links here, but for anyone who has the same problem here is: Root Explorer 2.14.2

link: http://www.4shared.c...plorer2142.html

Edited by Danifantom™

Guest Racerboy

I understand, but its not what it seems...

I'm trying to use root explorer on it, to replace the new bootanimation in system/media

but i keep getting fc

on my original 2.1 it happened too, but i could solve this rooting the phone again, but now there's nothing I can do, cause I cant root it and root explorer doesn't works

any suggestions of what version of root explorer will work on mooncake 2.3.4?

thnx

option 1: you re-flash your ROM total wipe with CWM, instructions HERE and start again, see if root explorer works..

option 2: latest root explorer should work from market with your ROM, but with you trying to root an already rooted ROM you`ve probably messed it up :P ........an app i use is "absolute root tools" (paid app) which does what you want to do and much much more....

option 3: would be to edit the ROM .zip source file on your computer (make a backup copy of it 1st before you mess with it), use winrar to explorer the ROM .zip file, goto SYSTEM/MEDIA folder and inside will be the "bootanimation" file that you can replace with any other "bootanimation" file, save the modified ROM .zip file and re-flash ROM no need to wipe 1st (if its the same version of ROM ie tigtex v113)......

Edited by Racerboy

Guest plegdroid

absolutely absolute, even though I was gifted this app, I'll tell no tales :-P that is the only app ive used that will install boot animation zip correctly. so impressed was I, I bought it :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Danifantom™

Hi again, I just changed my device, bought a new one: Motorola Defy.

I flashed it with a 2.3 Orange ROM

and had the same problem, so i came to my own post and found the solution again ^^. I forgot what version of root explorer i needed that time, so i see now ^^