RainX or Brasso Cleaner - anyone got a long term report?

Guest princeotter

Guest princeotter

Back in the early days there was quite a lot of discussion about using RainX on the screen. Has anybody continued with it - if so is it still keeping screen less 'fingerprinty' and smoother? Have there been any ill-effects eg causing the screen to haze or worse or has it now been shown to be safe long term? Also anybody used the Brasso gadget cleaner longer term as well - same questions.

Guest Muzzz33

Back in the early days there was quite a lot of discussion about using RainX on the screen. Has anybody continued with it - if so is it still keeping screen less 'fingerprinty' and smoother? Have there been any ill-effects eg causing the screen to haze or worse or has it now been shown to be safe long term? Also anybody used the Brasso gadget cleaner longer term as well - same questions.

Hi I have been using brasso for a good few months after seeing it recomended here. i have to say it does a good job and use it once a week to keep it gleeming and it does keep the finger prints down on the glass . the biggest and best use for this however has been with my panasonic 32" television , the screen was looking a bit washed out and marks etc , used this stuff and boy did it make an improvement!! , better than new. it made the screen have a much higher contrast ratio with the blacks looking much better .would really recomend it. only thing i would say is you have to be really quick with applying it, as it is alchohol based like in those hand sanitisers and will evaporate fast and you can get an uneven finish, also don't be afraid to use a lot when you apply it .