Wallpaper workarounds?

Guest duvee

Hee guys,

I know that it is a well known android - issue, for at least the most devices. Setting a wallpaper is allways zooming in on a certain piece of the actual wallpaper..

I have tried many ways to overcome this issue, by playing with the wallpaper window.. But I never, really never, get a sharp wallpaper.. It is always pixelated. :( and I just don't like the less smoothness of the system when using a LW.

Now I noticed.. In vegacomb, the wallpapers are sharp (the pre-installed ones). How come? What resolution are they? Or is there a special app for setting a sharp wallpaper?

Somebody with tricks or tips? Would be very appreciated!

Cheers,

Duvee.

-------------------------

Edit: running corvus S1, but had the same issue with vegacomb build 8.1.

Edited by duvee

Hee guys,

I know that it is a well known android - issue, for at least the most devices. Setting a wallpaper is allways zooming in on a certain piece of the actual wallpaper..

I have tried many ways to overcome this issue, by playing with the wallpaper window.. But I never, really never, get a sharp wallpaper.. It is always pixelated. :( and I just don't like the less smoothness of the system when using a LW.

Now I noticed.. In vegacomb, the wallpapers are sharp (the pre-installed ones). How come? What resolution are they? Or is there a special app for setting a sharp wallpaper?

Somebody with tricks or tips? Would be very appreciated!

Cheers,

Duvee.

-------------------------

Edit: running corvus S1, but had the same issue with vegacomb build 8.1.

i use this .... https://market.android.com/details?id=com.birbeck.wallpaperslideshow, i make a folder specially for the wallpapers i like n use the settings to implement that folder

Guest thedicemaster

wallpaperchooser works too.

the reason wallpapers are sharper on honeycomb is because the HC gallery is designed for higher resolution screen.

android 2.2 is made for screens up to 480x848, but HC can go at least as high as 1280x800.