Gold SPV

Guest PaulW

I'm currently spraying my SPV with a metallic gold & silver spray, hopefully the end result will be a mirror-style effect (kind of like chrome). I'll post pictures of it once its all finished.

Its being a bit more trouble than I thought, plus the paint itself takes 24hrs to dry!!! I still got sealent to put on after that aswell!!

Its a slow process, but so far the results look worth it!

Actually thats not that funny.

Didnt you read that story about the guy who commited suicide online while a forum fulll of people egged him on?

I can just see the headline in 'The Register' . . .

SPV causes suicide in users

According to reliable sources a number of users are pushing up the daisies due to a flaw in the SPV. Microsoft are largley to blame for this horrendous oversight that poses a threat to all major subscriber networks.

LOL :)

i have a feeling it looks really stupid.. i couldnt see it looking cool being painted.. He's probably spent the last week trying to get the paint off with paint thinner only to find the paint thinner melting the plastic on his phone laugh.gif

Not quite!! I messed it up BIG style, so had to 'lose' my phone and claim on the insurance. The new one arrived today, so going to spend tomorrow spraying it up - should be fun!! will post some pics hopefully tomorrow of a work-in-progress!

Must admit, it did look good, just a complete ass getting the paint to have a mirror effect, as it kept rippling (used loads of coats, so I will need LOTS of hardner & laquer to finish it off!! I know its been a while, but a dead SPV aint nice...

Plus me & the GF broke up on valentines day so it kinda put things back a lil aswell... Still, it shall be done! Even if it does meen claiming on the insurance again!

Heh.

Yeah, I'd edit the insurance thing out in case the Care people watch the boards :)

Surprised you have the guts to try it again, I'd be scared as hell of cocking the phone up again...

Guest awarner [MVP]

If you're stupid enough to admit to fraud I would not

even let you near a paint can let alone another phone :)

That's two muppets in twentyfour hours saying the same thing.

comeon who's next they always say things happen in threes ;)

Muppet??? :? Bah!! hehehe well its going well, phone's now having its 3rd coat of paint to make it super smooth, I've sanded the whole thing down, smoothed the back and removed the Miccysoft Winblows Powered logo :twisted: , and just trying to get the paint silky smooth with no ripples! So far so good, used about 5 coats so far (including the primer), so all thats left now is wait for it to dry, and then on goes a few coats of selaer to make it rock hard!

It looks good so far, will try find a digi cam and post some pics soon :)

8) so where,s these,s bloody pictures then i,ve bought a new pair of sun glasses ready to view them, i thought orange was slow but even they could have brought 1 out faster than you. ;)

ps. dont tell us it,s all gone pear shape again???? :roll: or has OCS given you a phone call. dear sir we have just had your phone sent to us, strange, it seems to have changed colour, but thats ok please return the new 1 we replaced and we will forward your old 1 back to you. hahahahaaaa :)