Galaxy S II deodexed/zipaligned XXKH4 files

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher

Samsung Galaxy S II XXKH4 (Gingerbread v2.3.4) system/app and system/framework files deodexed and zipaligned.

This also includes an expanded power menu (see image below).

You can get the XXKH4 files from here: XXKH4 ROM Files

This is for people who want deodexed files but want to keep their stock look and feel.

PLEASE READ EVERYTHING IN THIS POST BEFORE INSTALLING.

This is NOT a complete ROM.

Assumes you have rooted your phone.

post-557795-0-05420500-1315802380_thumb.

MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU START IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG. VERY IMPORTANT!

1. Download the XXKH4 system-deodex.zip file XXKH4 Deodexed Files

2. unzip the system-deodexed.zip file to a local drive (you should have a system folder containg: app & framework folders)

3. using adb, do the following: (note: you should create an app & framework folder on your sdcard first)

a. adb push app /sdcard/app/

b. adb push framework /sdcard/framework/

c. adb shell

d. su

e. stop

f. mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

g. cp /sdcard/app/* /system/app/

h. cp /sdcard/framework/* /system/framework/

i. rm /system/app/*.odex

j. rm /system/framework/*.odex

k. mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

l. reboot

After the reboot it could take 2-3 minutes for the phone to completely boot as it has to refresh the dalvik cache. Have some patience at this point.

Please provide feedback as I have done extensive testing with this and have had no problems.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher

so just place the files i wanted into placehere folder then run script.bat? never done it before. thanks

Yes...sort of...you still need to add commands to delete *.odex files in /system/app and

/system/framework

Gary, try kh3 and kh4 all failed. on kh4 I can't go any further on "f. mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system". look like my PC evironment had problem. When I at step c: I got the $, su, nothing happen and stop as well. I still struggle and tried to figure out. I will try tonight see to see how.

I try cognition S2 ROM, it worked fine for me. But I still looking for DXKH2 with Ext power menu. So I have to learn how to installing your KH4 first.

SGS2 was very ruggled and never brick for me. Even I try until I facing no download mode and recover mode. Even I removed and placed back battery > I got the Big S. So I used the usb jig to bring back to download mode.

I have cwm and Titanium back up and saved me many time.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Gary, try kh3 and kh4 all failed. on kh4 I can't go any further on "f. mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system". look like my PC evironment had problem. When I at step c: I got the $, su, nothing happen and stop as well. I still struggle and tried to figure out. I will try tonight see to see how.

I try cognition S2 ROM, it worked fine for me. But I still looking for DXKH2 with Ext power menu. So I have to learn how to installing your KH4 first.

SGS2 was very ruggled and never brick for me. Even I try until I facing no download mode and recover mode. Even I removed and placed back battery > I got the Big S. So I used the usb jig to bring back to download mode.

I have cwm and Titanium back up and saved me many time.

I will work on KH2 sometime next week. Sorry for the delay but I have to grade final exams (writing) and it does take awhile to grade them.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

I will work on KH2 sometime next week. Sorry for the delay but I have to grade final exams (writing) and it does take awhile to grade them.

Gary with Confirmation number:7PA39258JA001070.

DXKH2 will be my daily used ROM. Take your time. If you abled to let me have cwm zip file will be more easy to me.

Your wording in expanded power menu was nice but without an option at the topwill be more beautiful.

I tested sicopat kh3 ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1183774, his power menu and KH3_odex_7_TOGGLES_stock.zip was outstanding.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Gary with Confirmation number:7PA39258JA001070.

DXKH2 will be my daily used ROM. Take your time. If you abled to let me have cwm zip file will be more easy to me.

Your wording in expanded power menu was nice but without an option at the topwill be more beautiful.

I tested sicopat kh3 ROM: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1183774, his power menu and KH3_odex_7_TOGGLES_stock.zip was outstanding.

Thanks for the donation.

Will work on it this week and upload a CWM version.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Thanks for the donation.

Will work on it this week and upload a CWM version.

Good, DXKH2 will be bebifit for South East Asia people because it have a

all the languages and keyboard in this region.

I tried KH3, KH4 on 2.3.4, no different and any good points compare to 2.3.3. All my applications were very smoothly running on Gingerbread 2.3.3 and 2.3.4.

based on my i8000 knowledge, DXKH2 is official singapore rom, so what are the differences?

XWKF1 was Also Singapore ROM . But when you goto change language, It was like the european ROM. but DXKH2 you can Select either Chinese, Thai, viet, Indonesia Malay and Malaysia Malay yet it came with related language's keyboard. Also it have many csc for me to select. It was a good point of DXKH2 with Gingerbread 2.3.3 and aimed for South East Asia countries.

Even samfirmware also release DXkf1 and DXKH2 at the sametime, but DXKF1 was no different to xwkf1, I was tested all this.

Edited by skoda60

Guest Gary Crutcher

XWKF1 was Also Singapore ROM . But when you goto change language, It was like the european ROM. but DXKH2 you can Select either Chinese, Thai, viet, Indonesia Malay and Malaysia Malay yet it came with related language's keyboard. Also it have many csc for me to select. It was a good point of DXKH2 with Gingerbread 2.3.3 and aimed for South East Asia countries.

Even samfirmware also release DXkf1 and DXKH2 at the sametime, but DXKF1 was no different to xwkf1, I was tested all this.

I have the KH2 files deodexed, but am having difficulty with the CWM file. Never made one before.

It's the deletion of the *.odex files which are not working.

Also, my first attempt at doing the extended power menu did not work. The android.policy.jar, and

framework.jar are really different from the past *.jar files I have changed. This part may take me awhile.

I still have another week of final exams plus grading, then I have a month off. I will continue work on KH2 after finals

when I have more time. Hope this is okay with you.

I have the KH2 files deodexed, but am having difficulty with the CWM file. Never made one before.

It's the deletion of the *.odex files which are not working.

Also, my first attempt at doing the extended power menu did not work. The android.policy.jar, and

framework.jar are really different from the past *.jar files I have changed. This part may take me awhile.

I still have another week of final exams plus grading, then I have a month off. I will continue work on KH2 after finals

when I have more time. Hope this is okay with you.

Thank Gary, take your time. I tested cognition and sicopat rom on kh3. Both were working great. During installong their cwm zip files, it will wipe out the system filed but the installed apps and data still intake.

This afternoon I flashed to xwkf1,fellow cf root. Then I applied sicopat cwm zip then reboot. my system changed to kh3 with 7

toggle and it still worked smoothly for me.

Appreciate you help since i8000 till now.

Edited by skoda60

interesting, i was thinking about flashing a rom with chinese on my euro imported phone. i'm assuming singapore version is the same as euro one. how did you get it rooted, chainfire dose not have DXKH2 kernel. did you use other method?

interesting, i was thinking about flashing a rom with chinese on my euro imported phone. i'm assuming singapore version is the same as euro one. how did you get it rooted, chainfire dose not have DXKH2 kernel. did you use other method?

Rooted with CF-XXKH3, used for few days without any problem.

post-433401-0-63927100-1316442866_thumb.

Edited by skoda60

just flashed DXKH2 booted fine, but got android.process.acore force closed, caused dailer not working. have you had such problem? i flashed on top of KH3 stock,deoxed, rooted version.

just flashed DXKH2 booted fine, but got android.process.acore force closed, caused dailer not working. have you had such problem? i flashed on top of KH3 stock,deoxed, rooted version.

Goto recover mode by using 3 buttoms, wide data/factory reset. reboot and your system should be goto normal. after cf-root, installed titanium backup for your applications and data. then all your application should be back.

Edited by skoda60

flashed CF-XXKH3 kernel despite force close. cleared cache and dalvik, factory reset. seems fine now. it can auto setup at&t's APN, cool! DXKH2 got a lot of M1,singtel and starhub's programs in there, but easy to remove tho. can switch between chinese and english on the fly! now it's time to wait for gary's work :P

edit: skoda, do you have any battery mod for KH2?

edit2: just saw your post, everything works fine now :D i don't use titanium backup, i just copy data/app folder onto my computer then copy it back and install them manually, seems easier for me.

flashed CF-XXKH3 kernel despite force close. cleared cache and dalvik, factory reset. seems fine now. it can auto setup at&t's APN, cool! DXKH2 got a lot of M1,singtel and starhub's programs in there, but easy to remove tho. can switch between chinese and english on the fly! now it's time to wait for gary's work :P

edit: skoda, do you have any battery mod for KH2?

edit2: just saw your post, everything works fine now :D i don't use titanium backup, i just copy data/app folder onto my computer then copy it back and install them manually, seems easier for me.

I used "sense analog small clock 4x1" widget, I can run 2 addition program by tapping the hour and minute. yet it have system data on this widget on my main default menu. If I switched to sicopat kh3 ROM, I have 7 toggle by slide down from the top. If Gary can done the 7 toggles like sicopat ROM, DXKH2 will be near perfect for me.

post-433401-0-59850700-1316448866_thumb.

Guest Gary Crutcher

I used "sense analog small clock 4x1" widget, I can run 2 addition program by tapping the hour and minute. yet it have system data on this widget on my main default menu. If I switched to sicopat kh3 ROM, I have 7 toggle by slide down from the top. If Gary can done the 7 toggles like sicopat ROM, DXKH2 will be near perfect for me.

@skoda

Have you tried flashig KH3 then flashing one of the CSCs from here?

ROM CSCs

@skoda

Have you tried flashig KH3 then flashing one of the CSCs from here?

ROM CSCs

Which CSC? I do tried just flashed the CSC, After that the phone with had factory reset. Even within the phone CSC, Ex from kor change to XEU, phone also factory reset. Sometime I flashed the whole package from DXKH2 to xxkh3, the csc still dxkh1, therefore I just flashed kh3 csc and change to XEU. By doing this I have factory reset twice.