Lock screen frozen on my Vega....What should I do?

Guest KevinM2

Sorry about this. Just went to switch on my Vega (only had it a couple of days), and the lock screen is on (lock icon at bottom right, speaker icon, top right), however, I cannot slide the lock icon up, nothing moves. The home button doesn't do anything

The screen is showing the correct date & time, but the only thing I can do is switch the unit off with the power button, and back on again, but I get back to the same non responsive lock screen.

Any thoughts? It worked fine yesterday!

Oh, and it has not been flashed or anything, this is out of the box on standard firmware.

Thanks.

Actually, just looking through some threads, and messing with my Vega, it seems that the Vega isn't locked, but the screen is totally non responsive.

After about 10 attempts at holding down the lock icon and moving it slowly, I finally managed to unlock my Vega, but it is basically impossible to use. Every button needs holding down for about 5-6 seconds to register, and it is as laggy as heck.

I could kind of accept it if I had previously flashed it, and would have accepted it as a flash issue, but it is straight out of the box, and suddenly started doing this for no apparant reason whatsoever after 2 days use.

I have a feeling I will be sending this back for a refund....

If you have a microsd usb adapter, then you could try to download the screen calibration tool here on a pc :

http://android.modac...-works-on-vega/

and put it on your micro sd, boot up your vega, try to unlock it, quickly go to file manager if possible and install above app (It's called " moduleap.apk " ).

After install open it, choose calibrate screen and that may fix it. DO NOT touch the screen after you press calibrate. Only takes about 5 seconds to calibrate.

That's what i tried when i encountered the same problem. Worked for me.

Good Luck !

EDIT : Out of curiosity, have you been using the Vega whilst it has been plugged in to the mains? Just trying to help pin down a cause for this fault.

Cheers.

Edited by 4L0M

Thanks for the reply :)

I have downloaded the apk file, and put it on my micro SD card, however, I cannot see how to install it from the Vega

Where is File Manager?

I have gone into settings, but none of the menu options has File Manager

Thanks

If you have a microsd usb adapter, then you could try to download the screen calibration tool here on a pc :

http://android.modac...-works-on-vega/

and put it on your micro sd, boot up your vega, try to unlock it, quickly go to file manager if possible and install above app (It's called " moduleap.apk " ).

After install open it, choose calibrate screen and that may fix it. DO NOT touch the screen after you press calibrate. Only takes about 5 seconds to calibrate.

That's what i tried when i encountered the same problem. Worked for me.

Good Luck !

EDIT : Out of curiosity, have you been using the Vega whilst it has been plugged in to the mains? Just trying to help pin down a cause for this fault.

Cheers.

Managed to get the apk app installed by the download method, and installed & ran it.

That appears to have done the trick, and all the menus/icons are now as fast as they were the day I bought the Vega, so thanks very much for all of your help!

Now to install VC <gulp>

Out of interest, how often do other people have to use the screen calibration app? Recently I've been having to use it more and more often, extended periods of leaving the Vega sleeping, or particularly after long periods watching video, will consistently make it unresponsive.

Up until now I've always been able to unlock it eventually and used the calibration app, but having to do so multiple times a day on occasion was getting pretty old. Now that side of the screen is totally unresponsive, I can't unlock it at all, just turn it on and off. I even booted it in usb host mode (I'm running Corvus5) and tried to unlock it with a mouse, no luck. The mouse pointer won't even go over to that side of the screen, like there's an invisible wall about 2/3 of the way across.

I basically have a useless brick due to an unresponsive screen. Is there any way of getting around this? And is it something that the 1.1 Corvus5 patch, or VegaComb will help address? If it's rooted in the hardware and not something that a new ROM is ever going to fix in the long run (ie. not having to calibrate the screen so often, if at all) then I think I may just give up on this thing and take it back. It seems odd that it's been getting worse over time, though. It was barely an issue a couple of months ago.

Edited by Pegasi

I have the same problem with my POV Mobii Tegra running VegaComb 3.2 Build 8.1

The right 2-3 cm wide part of the screen is responsive, but the other part barely works. Touching in the responsive area while touching the rest of the screen, or touching with multiple fingers seems to make things a bit better, but nowhere near usable...

There's a thread over at Tabletroms too about this...

If this is happening on other (non-Vegacomb) ROMS, then I am tempted to think this is a hardware issue. :(

What's interesting is that my tablet worked fine for a couple of weeks before this problem showed up.

I use an called Touch Test to see what the touchscreen registers.. (when I am able to launch it).

BTW the moduleap app doesn't seem to do anything on VegaComb, so it's not really a solution. Since this has been happening everyday to me, I won't go reflashing ModdedStock v2 to fix this...

It would be nice to know if this is a HW or a SW issue...

I tried to contact ejtagle, who wrote the touch screen driver for Vegacomb in hopes of getting to the bottom of this, but have not received a reply from him yet.

I have the same problem with my POV Mobii Tegra running VegaComb 3.2 Build 8.1

The right 2-3 cm wide part of the screen is responsive, but the other part barely works. Touching in the responsive area while touching the rest of the screen, or touching with multiple fingers seems to make things a bit better, but nowhere near usable...

There's a thread over at Tabletroms too about this...

If this is happening on other (non-Vegacomb) ROMS, then I am tempted to think this is a hardware issue. :(

What's interesting is that my tablet worked fine for a couple of weeks before this problem showed up.

I use an called Touch Test to see what the touchscreen registers.. (when I am able to launch it).

BTW the moduleap app doesn't seem to do anything on VegaComb, so it's not really a solution. Since this has been happening everyday to me, I won't go reflashing ModdedStock v2 to fix this...

It would be nice to know if this is a HW or a SW issue...

I tried to contact ejtagle, who wrote the touch screen driver for Vegacomb in hopes of getting to the bottom of this, but have not received a reply from him yet.

Do you use the screen calibration app at all? And if so, with what success/how often?

It seems odd that it went from almost fine to unuseable over a couple of months if it's hardware, but if so then I'd rather just know so I can return it and put in extra money for a transformer instead.