ADW launcher widget problem

Guest Navie

If anyone knows please, I am using ADW launcher for CM7...how do I make my widgets stay in position when the phone switches between vertical and horizontal view?...on one view they look nice but on another they look bad and all over the place.

I want to set my widgets up differently in both orientations but need them to remember both widget positions, this is a really annoying problem.

Thanks

Edited by Navie

I want to set my widgets up differently in both orientations but need them to remember both widget positions, this is a really annoying problem.

Thanks

this can not be done, but if you have two different lanchers on your phone you could set one for landscape use & the other for portrait.

you can use an app called home switcher to change launchers.

Edited by tillaz

this can not be done, but if you have two different lanchers on your phone you could set one for landscape use & the other for portrait.

you can use an app called home switcher to change launchers.

Will it automatically switch launchers upon change in orientation or would I have to do it myself? Another thing...does having more than one launcher affect performance and battery life? Thanks.

Will it automatically switch launchers upon change in orientation or would I have to do it myself? Another thing...does having more than one launcher affect performance and battery life? Thanks.

no you would have to switch launchers with the app, and it should not use more battery if you have more than one on your phone because one will only be running at a time, i normally have 3 launcher2(stock) adw launcher and launcher pro,smile.gif

no you would have to switch launchers with the app, and it should not use more battery if you have more than one on your phone because one will only be running at a time, i normally have 3 launcher2(stock) adw launcher and launcher pro,smile.gif

That is helpful, thanks Tillaz :)

Another question along the lines of the impossible...I am using ADW launcher, is it possible to switch betweem the same version of ADW launcher instead of two different versions? :) I like to keep the look and feel the same rather than use different launchers or versions, thanks.

Another question along the lines of the impossible...I am using ADW launcher, is it possible to switch betweem the same version of ADW launcher instead of two different versions? :) I like to keep the look and feel the same rather than use different launchers or versions, thanks.

Is it possible to have 2 different versions of ADW launcher without overwriting another version? I have 2 currently...Lite and Pro, however...I want 2 versions of Pro

I have found a solution to switching between launchers without using a 'Home launcher app' or 'Clearing settings' and choosing the required launcher, it give you more control and is much faster. Tillaz if you or anyone else wants to know...I can open a new thread to explain how to do it with screenshots or I can just post here :) also...it switches between launchers and gives the desired orientation as how you want it (how you previously set the orientation).

Edited by Navie